Fuuji0019 Super-Skunk Closet Grow

Flowering Day #9

Hey guys, sorry i havent updated much, been trying to nurse them back to health, and i thought it was time to put them into flowering. Its currently day #9 and flowering progress is great.
Generaly they've suffered somehow from the nutes, i did flush them a week or so back. As a result they've lost alot of lower leaves, and havent bushed out that much. The new growth is looking healthy, and im hoping they bud out along the whole stem eventually.

The good news...
All looking female so far!!! :yummy:

1 or 2 problems still persist, photo attached. Im yet to add flowering nutes, and might purchase some ph down to help level out the problems. Lowered all the plants to the floor to allow for extra height as they've shot up since starting flowering. Put the fan upside down in the top left, seems to be working well.
Still got the runt, in the middle there, looks female so might get some off it!

Any comments and help welcome!

edited_IMG_3509.jpg

edited_IMG_3522.jpg

edited_IMG_3511.jpg

edited_IMG_3518.jpg

:peace:

How does the new growth look? I think the spots are a potassium problem but not 100% sure. If you look at ConqueringLOJ current journal, they were talking about it earlier in his grow and there was a couple of good comparison pictures. He has a link to his current grow under his signature on my current journal. There was a lot of good info and since I am a newbie myself, I learned a lot.

Yeah, I'd concur with L.O.T....check my grow journal too, I started out with small spots like that and it got much much worse rather quickly. I think mine was caused by nute lockout from incorrect pH (distilled water brand I was buying suddenly went from 7.0 to near 8.0 and I wasn't checking my pH every time)...but yeah, possibly potassium deficiency for one reason or another. Might not hurt to save a few bucks and get some Cal/Mag just in case too...

What do you think the best course of action is? As it seems to getting worse!

Im thinking about flushing the 2 that seem to have this problem. My only worry is that they've been up and down for weeks now, and lost alot of lower leaves, and suffered on bushyness. I havent added any nutes yet, as i feel it'll just make it worse.

Im considering buying some PH upper Ph Downer... but thats sadly all i can afford. Is there anything i can do? I seem to have lost all my knowledge panicing.

The fresh growth is looking nice and healthy.
The 2 that are mostly ill, the spots/problem is now spreading onto the new growth today, which is why im worried. Bud sides are just starting to develop and i dont want to stress them out to much.

At the moment i water every morning, about 300ml per plant.
I did feed once during veg stage, which didnt end well, and has created all these problems.
I added 13ml to app. to 2 Gallons of water

Ive been strictly giving it normal water for now. I want to start using my flowering nutes, but scared that even a little will just push them over the edge, and they'll get worse.
I do everything right and i still end up with problems...

The fresh growth is looking nice and healthy.
The 2 that are mostly ill, the spots/problem is now spreading onto the new growth today, which is why im worried. Bud sides are just starting to develop and i dont want to stress them out to much.

Mine started right before or right after I put her in to flower...problem got much worse before it got better but that doesn't mean the treatment was wrong or slow. It can take a few weeks for any major changes to show up which can be stressful because you don't know if your fixes did anything for a while.

At the moment i water every morning, about 300ml per plant.
I did feed once during veg stage, which didnt end well, and has created all these problems.
I added 13ml to app. to 2 Gallons of water

Any particular reason you're watering every day? 300mL isn't very much, I will admit that, but I'd give 'em enough so that any runoff is absorbed back through the pot's drain holes within an hour or so. I'm bad about that though, I'll let it soak the water back up for as long as it takes...not the recommended method from what I understand ;)

The only thing that could have happened with that little nute dose back in veg was that it threw the pH way off and shocked the plant a bit. I checked out the nutes you are using and the recommended dosage is 7mL/L so you actually went a little light which is fine. I don't think you burned them, at least not with a single dose at that strength...again, this is mirroring what happened with my plant. I really think that if your pH is good (~6.5 for soil is generally considered optimal) that it's just a simple matter of a nute deficiency, probably K (potassium), which makes sense considering it's early in flower. Even if your soil pH is up around 6.8 that shouldn't be too high to take in potassium so I doubt lockout from improper pH is your issue. I think that calcium and magnesium can also affect the uptake of potassium (double-check me on that) so if either one of those is deficient you may be ok just buying some CalMag and supplementing with that to see if the problem goes away. If you can't afford to buy both that and a K supplement look around on the forums, I swear I saw a post or thread that talked about alternative K sources.

Ive been strictly giving it normal water for now. I want to start using my flowering nutes, but scared that even a little will just push them over the edge, and they'll get worse.
I do everything right and i still end up with problems...

If mine could survive all the leaves that it lost through it's ordeal I'm pretty sure yours will too :) Get your nute solution lower, preferably down to at least 6.6-6.7, and try that. After I flushed mine the problem spots slowed down but did not go away and started showing up on the newer growth like yours. I began to feed with standard to heavy doses of Earth Juice Bloom (0-3-1) and Catalyst (basically carbs/molasses, no real N-P-K makeup). It took a few weeks but I began to notice that aside from the continued yellowing of the leaves due to lack of nitrogen (pretty sure that's what it was from at that point) the spotting was not forming on the newer leaves nearly as bad.

You've done it right...I just think you need to lower the pH of your neut solution and then apply a 4-5mL/L dose of the Bloom fertilizer again. Nothing too strong, give the soil a good soaking with that solution like I mentioned above. Let it dry out for a few days and then water with pure water (saturate again). Then after it drinks that up it (total time I'm thinking should be around 6-7 days) reapply the same dose or slightly stronger based on what you have seen and keep rotating with the fresh water/neut solution.

I'd skip the pH Down for now and just use citric acid (lemons, limes, whatever) instead. Save your money and keep monitoring those spots, if they get worse you'll need the money to buy a potassium supplement (Earth Juice Meta-K for instance) or some CalMag.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us, hope everything is okay!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom