HashGirl's Summer 2022 Grow Journal

I did a little reading and they say that caryophyllene is one of the rare terpenes that directly interact with CB2 receptors. Could that be something to look into?

What do you mean? Here is the info I have on Caryophyllene:

Beta-caryophyllene binds to CB2 receptors, which makes it an ingredient in anti-inflammatory topicals and creams. Caryophyllene is the only terpene that binds to cannabinoid receptors. Caryophyllene is the only terpene known to interact with the body's endocannabinoid system (CB2). It produces anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects. Thanks to this amazing feature, it regulates pain sensations effectively and eases inflammatory processes, making it useful to treat osteoarthritis.

Moreover, its gastroprotective activity promotes healthy digestion and aids colitis. Likewise, its antiseptic, antibacterial, antiproliferative, antibiotic, and antifungal properties may enhance wound healing. Due to Caryophyllene’s anti-anxiety and antioxidant qualities, it’s also used to help with diabetes, liver fibrosis, cerebral ischemia, anxiety, depression, and Alzheimer-like diseases.

Today with all the new strains out and all the cross breeding sometimes I would just like to go back in time and smoke that very first 4finger bag of stems, seeds and leaf of that good old Mexican land race dirt weed I bought for $10. at the local corner on Commerce ave. and Maple st. 1969.

That's why getting your weed tested is so important. You can find lots of terpene info online but testing your product is the only to really know what you're getting.

And, personally, I much prefer growing and taking cannabis now compared to when I was a teen. I often worried we would get caught and some of the places we bought it from were kinda shady.

After you listed all the strains I truly feel like the terpenes might not play a role with the increased heart rate and anxiety cannabis causes me , I love cannabis and as many of you know I love growing it and believe it helps many people Wich is great but sometimes I truly believe it's not for me , I've been having lots of fun with THCV soms landrace sativa's carry this trait if you know you know

Why do you think the terpenes aren't dictating the effects? If you're growing landrace sativas, it could just be the strain's phenotype, in this case sativas, that's making you feel anxious especially if you harvested early. Lots of people can't use sativas because of the anxiety/heart racing thing. I'm weird in that I suffer from anxiety but I like getting that same feeling when I'm getting high.

Beta-caryophyllene binds to CB2 receptors, which makes it an ingredient in anti-inflammatory topicals and creams. Caryophyllene is the only terpene that binds to cannabinoid receptors. Caryophyllene is the only terpene known to interact with the body's endocannabinoid system (CB2). It produces anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects. Thanks to this amazing feature, it regulates pain sensations effectively and eases inflammatory processes, making it useful to treat osteoarthritis.

Moreover, its gastroprotective activity promotes healthy digestion and aids colitis. Likewise, its antiseptic, antibacterial, antiproliferative, antibiotic, and antifungal properties may enhance wound healing. Due to Caryophyllene’s anti-anxiety and antioxidant qualities, it’s also used to help with diabetes, liver fibrosis, cerebral ischemia, anxiety, depression, and Alzheimer-like diseases.

That's why getting your weed tested is so important. You can find lots of terpene info online but testing your product is the only to really know what you're getting.

And, personally, I much prefer growing and taking cannabis now compared to when I was a teen. I often worried we would get caught and some of the places we bought it from were kinda shady.

Why do you think the terpenes aren't dictating the effects? If you're growing landrace sativas, it could just be the strain's phenotype, in this case sativas, that's making you feel anxious especially if you harvested early. Lots of people can't use sativas because of the anxiety/heart racing thing. I'm weird in that I suffer from anxiety but I like getting that same feeling when I'm getting high.
If it's binding to cannabinoid receptors could it be modulating the high in some way?
THC binds to both CB1 and CB2 receptors, so if the caryophyllene is binding to the CB2 receptors does that mean there's more free THC to bind to the CB1 receptors getting you higher?
I don't know, but it might be something to look into.

Good afternoon.

It's the day before Christmas and I still haven't put up the tree but it has been moved from the closet to the TV room so it should happen this afternoon.

I thought I would share some updates for the Blueberries today.

Blueberry1 - Day 58F:

Blueberry1 - Day 65F:

To be continued...

Next up is Blueberry2.

Blueberry2 - Day 63F

Thanks for following along. Time to get decorating. Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates.

Idk? I think it’s the environment and state of mind that makes some people paranoid/anxious but that’s just mho. CL🍀

Today, I'd like to highlight the Chronic x Northern Lights girl. Nothing exciting happening with her. Just waiting for chopping time.

Here are the pics:

Chronic x Northern Lights - Day 63F:

Thanks for following along. Questions, suggestions and comments are always welcome.

And, Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

Thanks, Nev. I hope you had a nice Christmas, too.

Today's update is on the Northern Soul who is on Day 70 of Flower.

None of the remaining plants haven slowed down their drinking but I am seeing some amber on the Northern Soul. The other plants appear to have mainly cloudy but hardly any amber. I'll probably wait another week on them.

Here are today's pics:

Northern Soul - Day 58F:

Northern Soul - Day 65F:

That's everything. Thanks for following along. Comments, questions and suggestions are always welcomed.

I harvested Northern Soul and one of the Blueberries from last year's grow but I still have the other 2 to do. They had some PM so I sprayed them with the citric acid spray that Shed recommends. Do I need to do anything else with them before I take them down? I don't normally wash my indoor plants. Should I wash them with a citric acid wash just to ensure there's no PM remaining or should I assume they're all okay after the spray?

If nothing else you should rinse off the citric acid spray after you harvest them if they look okay.

Thanks, Shed.

I rinsed them off before the lights came back on.

*** Final Update ***

Good afternoon. All of the plants from this grow have finished. It started badly with an insect infestation and ended with powdery mildew but all in all, I'm just relieved that it's finally over and I hope my next grows go more smoothly. The Blueberries smell amazingly like blueberry waffles. It's so cool.

Without further ado, here are the last pics:

Blueberry1 – Indica-Dominant Photoperiod
Start Date = August 15, 2022
Harvest Date = January 9, 2023

Days in Veg = 70
Days in Flower = 83
Final Yield = 60 grams

Day 83F:

Trichomes:

Final Yield:

To be continued...

*** Final Update ***

Blueberry2 – Indica-Dominant Photoperiod
Harvest Date = January 14, 2023

Days in Veg = 70
Days in Flower = 88
Final Yield = 71 grams

Day 79F:

Day 79F Trichomes:

Day 88F:

Final Yield:

To be continued...

*** Final Update cont'd...***

Chronic x Northern Lights – Indica-Dominant Photoperiod
Harvest Date = January 13, 2023

Days in Veg = 59
Days in Flower = 87
Final Yield = 60 grams

Day 79F:

Day 79F Trichomes:

Day 87F:

Final Yield:

To be continued...

Northern Soul – Indica-Dominant Photoperiod
Start Date = August 19, 2022
Harvest Date = January 13, 2023

Days in Veg = 59
Days in Flower = 77
Final Yield = 71 grams
Day 77F:

Final Yield:

To be continued...

Photoperiod Final Stats:

Summer 2022 Photoperiod Results.jpg

Autoflower Final Stats:

Summer 2022 Autoflower Results.jpg

Summer Grow Start Date: March 7, 2022
Summer Grow End Date: January 27, 2023
Total # of Plants: 18
Total Photoperiod Yield: 932 grams
Total Autoflower Yield: 108 grams

This completes my Summer 2022 Grow Journal. Thanks to everyone who followed along. If you haven't found my new journal yet, you can find it here.

Back
Top Bottom