Heavenly Hybrid’s Hideout: Jump In Anytime

Have you tried olive oil or any cooking oil? It works as well and is milder on your hands.
Your garden is looking lovely Heavenly!
Thanks Stone, I hadn’t heard that before. I’ll be sure to give it a try, because you’re right, the rubbing alcohol is harsh.
Just for the record > A slow release fertilizer will make nutrients available an extended period for up to two months. Whereas a quick release fertilizer is going to make nutrients available for a period of approximately two weeks. It's important to use slow release fertilizers during the majority of the growing season.<< that is some strong N ! Garden looking good even the axe headed one 🤓🪓
Nice! Thanks sb- I’m learning all kinds of stuff here today! :idea:

I know this is probably unimportant now, since you are having a nanner issue and will probably chop soon, but if my memory serves me, OG Kush is always a pale green compared to other plants. I believe you've mentioned that with the previous OG Kush that you've grown, and I've experienced it with my son's grow.

The rest of you garden is looking fab! :circle-of-love:

Hello all! It’s time for a post harvest (+) update. 🪓

I went ahead and chopped that nanner spittin OG. There were a lot, quite a few more than I had already seen, so I’m glad to have chopped when I did. It was earlier than I would have liked, but about 12 weeks flowering wasn’t too far off.
Here she is, one last pic
IMG_3476.jpeg
IMG_3506.jpeg

Some fade starting to set in.

Here she is sans fans
IMG_3511.jpeg

After seeing Carcass and Stone’s recent harvests, it made me miss some hand trimmed buds, so I decided to do a hand trim too!
IMG_3520.jpeg

IMG_3524.jpeg

Thumbs up! :thumb:
My hand and my back are hurtin today, but I’m glad I did it by hand. I definitely lose some of the buds to the bowl trimmer, so it’ll be cool to see the final yield this time.

Over in the 2x4, OK plumping along
IMG_3526.jpeg
Still showing more yellow still. I added about 2” of fresh Sohum. Not sure if that will actually going to help or not. I do have some compost we bought for the garden. I’m thinking of removing some of the top-off Sohum and replacing it with compost instead. Or I can just start watering with MC. ????

Our little Purple kush has started showing pistils. Definitely faster than the oriental kush did, so she’ll end up smaller for sure. I topped her above node 3 (OK was above node 2), maybe that made a difference? Who knows? I think that last time I grew PK it ended up being on the small side.
IMG_3527.jpeg
IMG_3529.jpeg

I can see the purple starting to show on the bracts! :cheesygrinsmiley: Something so cool about a purple plant, I’m looking forward to her change.

I guess that’s it for today. I’ll be taking it easy and smoking some little og bits that popped off during trim. 😶‍🌫️😶‍🌫️
Hope you’re all doing well and your gardens are green!

Congrats on a great harvest, HH!-

I harvested one of mine a little early too, because, bud rot.
I think I'd rather of had nanners🤔
it made me miss some hand trimmed buds, so I decided to do a hand trim too!
Nicely manicured buds- well done!
I’ll be taking it easy and smoking some little og bits that popped off during trim.
Don't forget the scissor hash... :lot-o-toke:

Congrats on a great harvest, HH!-

I harvested one of mine a little early too, because, bud rot.
I think I'd rather of had nanners🤔
Lol, yeah I guess this is one case where lot o nanners wins. Thanks Carcass. :love:
Congratulations on the OG takedown! Nicely trimmed so the hand cramps were definitely worth it. :thumb:

I hope you rescue that OK with whatever you decide. Me? I'd just nute it when the soil gives out.
Thanks Shed, it’s good to check in and see if I still got it. 😄 I was thinking MC is the easiest pivot. It just didn’t seem to really work on the OG. Although it did work on the Cherry-18, so I guess the only way to know is to try. Would you go with 5g to start out? Ease in more? She’s been flowering for about a month I think?
Do you still use your big circular shaker thing?
I do, but I prefer the bowl trimmer, especially if I don’t have multiple harvests to do. The shake bag works best on buds on the over-dried side, which is lame, but it is the fastest way of trimming. With either gadget, you do lose some of the buds into the trim. However, if you use the trim for oil or whatever - it’s not really wasted.
Beautiful harvest Heavenly! NIce chunky buddage!
Thank you Stone! I was pleasantly surprised once I removed the fans. 👀

:ganjamon::ciao:

Drive by, enjoying the views. Sorry to hear the organic soil system isn’t quite rocking it for you. I haven’t read back to canvass the issues or history but I will, happily, say…
:theband: What Shed Said!
About the bigger pot etc.

If I were flowering out in a water-only soil I’d want a 7-10gal pot, at least - and that is freshly transplanted into on flip day. Without knowing your details, it’s possible you’re just running out of ‘pep’ in the soil.

:love::passitleft:

🤩 🤩 Hi Amy!!! :love::love:
So happy to see you swing through!

The quick summary:
I got a watering system and the pots for it are 6.6 gal. The guide for the system says to transplant into their pots and then top water for 2 weeks, then turn on the watering system. I can’t remember how much longer they were in there before I switched the lights to bloom, but I do know it was more than two weeks. I have one more bag of the Sohum to use, and I’m realizing I need to plan the timing of transplant/flip more than the “on a whim” that I’ve been doing. I’m considering starting an auto grow in the system as the last chance for Sohum. I have so many new beans I’m excited to drop.

The plan in the back of my mind, with the soil, is that I can finish with MC if I need to. Or if I can find an easy to use amendment to top it with to help it finish, I can keep using it. I do love the water only, but struggling at the end is lame.

Maybe - if you want to keep using it, Check out the options for a complete organic liquid fertiliser and then you won’t be asking the plant to switch its ‘feeding habits’ on the fly, late in the picture, if the “battery” runs out.

I know there’s a local organic super soil line here in AUS that have complete liquid ferts for this exact circumstance. I’m sure build a soil or some similar folks would have a useful product.
Failing that - stinging nettle. Truly. If there’s any near you, glove up, pick some and make a tea. It’s a complete fertiliser and you can make it just steeping the leaves in boiling water. Not as easy as mega crop of of course - but it will keep functioning with the soil community.

Water only is hard to achieve.

Nice to be about.

Life is still too silly to allow me much time online like this. Things related to my medical/disability supports that were meant to be done and dusted long ago are still in the ‘pre’ phase. it’s very draining. Maybe next year will be more life-allowing.

Big canna love to you HH and all here! I miss it. It’s been nice to poke around a little bit today.

Maybe - if you want to keep using it, Check out the options for a complete organic liquid fertiliser and then you won’t be asking the plant to switch its ‘feeding habits’ on the fly, late in the picture, if the “battery” runs out.

I know there’s a local organic super soil line here in AUS that have complete liquid ferts for this exact circumstance. I’m sure build a soil or some similar folks would have a useful product.
Failing that - stinging nettle. Truly. If there’s any near you, glove up, pick some and make a tea. It’s a complete fertiliser and you can make it just steeping the leaves in boiling water. Not as easy as mega crop of of course - but it will keep functioning with the soil community.

Water only is hard to achieve.

Nice to be about.

Life is still too silly to allow me much time online like this. Things related to my medical/disability supports that were meant to be done and dusted long ago are still in the ‘pre’ phase. it’s very draining. Maybe next year will be more life-allowing.

Big canna love to you HH and all here! I miss it. It’s been nice to poke around a little bit today.
:love: :ciao::woohoo::hookah:

We love seeing you, even if it’s just for a quick pop in!! Thanks for making time for us :love:
product called Organic Gem.
I did a quick search and couldn’t locate any of that brand to ship to me, but.. I did find a new product that is fairly cheap that I’m going to try with my last bag of Sohum.
IMG_3559.jpeg

I plan to apply the power bloom, once a month as a top dressing. That’s as far as I’ve gotten into the directions. I just need a little something to help get through the last few weeks of blooming. I got the all purpose to use outside on my tomatoes, etc. We shall see!

While I’m here, I want to give a little update. Today will be candida’s harvesting date. My MIL is ready for a new batch of oil for her pup. I’ve got my new MB machine from the lovely @Virgin Ground, so it’s all coming together quite nicely timing-wise.

Interesting side note *** the last batch of CBD oil I made for them was when my original MB machine went out. I think it made a complete cycle before it gave out, but I’m not fully sure. Side note off-of-side note *I usually run 2 cycles of 8 hours; add lecithin and run for a 1 hour cycle to fully combine.* Since I didn’t know how long the initial cycle went, I warned my MIL to watch for its effectiveness; and if it wasn’t up to par, I would send her some of my personal store. About a month ago, she reported back that this last batch of oil worked BETTER than previous oils. :eek: Knock me over with a feather, I was shocked. I started double running it because of a post from dynamo (I think), now I’m wondering if the results are different for CBD, opposed to THC.***

Okay, back to business. Today will be harvest day for Candida, here she is awaiting her axe
IMG_3555.jpeg
IMG_3556.jpeg

Candida isn’t a “big bud” producer in my experience. I was a little bit worried because this was a mother plant that had been topped multiple times; I thought it would be a mass of tiny buds, which it kind of is… but there are some decent looking top buds scattered within. I think I’ll keep those for me and Mr. H and the rest can go to oil. 😁
IMG_3557.jpeg

Over to the 2x4 -

Purple kush seems to have finished stretch. Not the biggest ever, but bigger that I thought she’d be when she started showing pistils.
IMG_3550.jpeg
IMG_3551.jpeg
I think I might start topping my autos above node 2. This one was topped above node 3, but that first set has done a big fat nothing.

Oriental kush has been switched over to MC at ~5.5g. Still one pale baby.
IMG_3552.jpeg
IMG_3553.jpeg
I accidentally overflowed her with the MC watering, but it seems like she is not really drinking. We’ll see, but it’s not going to help her recover if she’s drinking slowly!

And that’s a wrap! I hope you’re all doing well. I’ll be on the harvest train 🚂 chug chugging along! Sending you all lots and lots of loves! :love:

I think you're better off with GeoFlora Bloom in flower than the GG 2-8-4. Actually, GeoFlora Veg is good all through harvest at 5-3-4, and they recommend some Terp in flower with it and I do too!

Congrats on the Candida harvest! The upside is that you don't need to trim if most of it's going to oil. Just add extra weight to make up for the leaves.

Love that purple on the PK, and don't hit the OK with more MC to green it up. Maybe a bit of that high N top dress if you're worried about it, but I'd let it run and see if it gets any worse first.

I started double running it because of a post from dynamo (I think)
@Derbybud came up with the duplicate MB run theory after his discovery here.

now I’m wondering if the results are different for CBD, opposed to THC
So are you thinking less is more with CBD?

Also, new contest badge feedback requested here.

Back
Top Bottom