Hello, allow me to introduce myself: It’s so nice to meet you!

Hey y’all, I’m still going through all the reactions to my introduction and trying to reply to them all. It’s so exciting to see how many people their are out there that care.
I wanted to make an edit to my introduction by saying that I’ve actually been here for awhile, journaling as I go. I have a complete journal and a current journal. They should both be listed in my signature or at the bottom of my post.

Please let me know if the links is broken and you can’t get to it.
Thanks again for all your advice and such a warm welcome :thanks:

Hey y’all, I’m still going through all the reactions to my introduction and trying to reply to them all. It’s so exciting to see how many people their are out there that care.
I wanted to make an edit to my introduction by saying that I’ve actually been here for awhile, journaling as I go. I have a complete journal and a current journal. They should both be listed in my signature or at the bottom of my post.

Please let me know if the links is broken and you can’t get to it.
Thanks again for all your advice and such a warm welcome :thanks:
I see you are an @Prescription Blend girl??

A belated welcome to 420, 420giirl..! :welcome:

Your links are working fine!

Ok
Regarding leaf defoliation, you might look at my defoliation project @ppm Charlie . Also, @Krissi1982 is doing some leaf defoliation currently too.

It is my understanding by reading on the subject that veg stage leaf defoliations should be limited to yellowing leaves, nutrient deficient leaves, diseased leaves, topping, femming and providing added light to additional areas of the plant during LST (low stress training). However, there is a great advantage to making two-rounds of robust and full-scale defoliations during flowering - better light penetration of the canopy, better air penetration in budding 420 and higher 420 yields at harvest. I guess the higher yields correspond to stressing the plant at the right time. Lollipopping is one proven technique but it can be more robust then this.

For my current crop of flowering 420, I defoliated at Day-1 and again at Day-18 of the flowering 12/12 light cycle. From what I understand, Day-1 defoliation is pretty much widely accepted. I chose Day-18 to defoliate again because I saw it in a You Tube video and also a lot of the texts indicated the second flowering leaf defoliation should occur during the 3rd week of flowering.

Most defoliation texts say to remove all leaves showing "purplish" leaf stem color. Other references indicate that the grower should remove all "easily removed" 420 leaves. That's what I am doing. I leave the little stem leaf sites alone and whack the rest of the leaves up to the top fan leaves (which some people cut and some don't). You would think that this "rough" treatment would harm the plant. On the contrary, it seems to further promote vigorous and hardy growth both in the new forming leaves and in the developing buds. The leaves all grow back in 3 or 4 days, just smaller and vigorous. A two stage defoliation technique, Day-1 and Day-18 of the flowering 12/12 light cycle.

Take a chance - experiment a bit!

P.S Love your dogs!
Ok, sounds like I have some reading to do. I’ll definitely check out the articles you suggested. I want to try with a least one plant. I don’t think I’ll understand completely or be happy until I try it out for myself. It’s the way the cookie crumbles sometimes (omg Crumbl cookies are bomb… not sponsored lol):passitleft:

Ok

Ok, sounds like I have some reading to do. I’ll definitely check out the articles you suggested. I want to try with a least one plant. I don’t think I’ll understand completely or be happy until I try it out for myself. It’s the way the cookie crumbles sometimes (omg Crumbl cookies are bomb… not sponsored lol):passitleft:
@420giirl - Here's a good reference:

Hi guys, my name is Michelle and I just recently started growing at the beginning of 2021. I am now on my second grow, bloom stage, with my 3rd grow underway. I’ve been successful in cloning in rinsed perlite this time around. First time trying to clone ended with only 1 rooting. Using peat moss pods, which did work too.
Anyways…. I live in the southwest area of the USA, in a little state called New Mexico. I’ve lived here all my life, where I have raised my beautiful family of 2 beautiful daughters and 2 dogs, oh let’s not forget my wonderful hubby lol I must say he has been a blessing to our lil family as he is my second hubby. My daughters are awesome, both in their own right, being that they are 8 years apart in age. My eldest daughter is 23 next month. She just graduated from UNM college of nursing and is getting ready to take her nclex in a couple weeks. My youngest daughter is a freshman in high school and has never missed a day of school, ever! She will be 15 next month, their birthday’s are January 12th and January 13th, 8yrs apart lol
Last but certainly not least my 2 doggies!!
Bunky aka Bonnie, she is a Yorkshire terrier and she is everything to me she helped me thru an awful divorce and separation anxiety having to share custody of my 2 girls. Bunky came at a very perfect time in my adult life! She really is my emotional support dog (low key).
And then we have Buddy who is named after, yup you guessed it, marijuana, Mary Jane, cannabis, bud.
Buddy is also very special to our family, he came to us as a rescue dog. My daughters bf found him during quarantine (4/20/21 to be exact lol) when the pound wasn’t taking any animals and he wasn’t chipped. We never intended to leave him at the pound bc he was so emaciated, you could see everyone one of his bones. But not anymore, he is as healthy and happy as can be, making our lil family complete! :green_heart:

Ps. This is just a teeny tiny bit of me. If you’d like to know more just ask ;)

Pss. All things grow are very welcomed, advice, suggestions, recommendations etc.

07CECC26-3CA7-4020-9818-04A0A54A31CC.jpeg

Bunky aka Bonnie
038186AF-F94D-4216-806C-98AFAE897367.jpeg

Buddy boy
3ACDF3C5-C88F-42FD-805E-6D52A4DF2869.png
6868C4C9-B76D-492A-83E6-B5693684EBC7.jpeg

330969EE-6AD3-4D37-B46C-ECD08744C406.jpeg
E6E72CD5-706F-401F-A004-ECFC40950174.jpeg

:rollit:
Lovely dogs, and weed too

PSX_20211017_022333.jpg

Hey guys, well today it seems as if winter has finally decided join us today and dropped to about freezing, well not literally lol It’s been one of those days where it seems like 5:30pm all day, not dark but completely overcast. I love these types of days once in awhile. I’m definitely a seasons person though. I like it sunnny in the summer and cold and gloomy in the winter with a colorful fall and wonderful smelling spring. Yeah that’s for sure, although the thought or idea of living in Florida or somewhere sunny most the time seems nice too, I think I’d rather just vacation in the winter out there lol or maybe even somewhere nice and gloomy, like if it were say idk I think they say it’s always gloomy and rainy in Seattle, WA and that seems nice too.

9E3F516B-B541-4D42-8843-B1F1CD013C9D.jpeg

Here we are around 2pm this afternoon
61A5AF5A-F950-4748-8FCA-380E34B722E1.png

It’s been this way all week, so hopefully we can get some snow soon, fingers crossed we get snow for Christmas, now that would be so cool!!

You can be dreaming of a white Christmas but it's going to be 40º here in Los Angeles on Saturday night! And that's when my daughter is having a birthday party in the backyard with about 20 people, so we bought here a wood burning fire pit to huddle around!
Hand warmers as party favors?

I see you are an @Prescription Blend girl??
Yup, yup… just started using it. Oh wait I think I used your grow as a reference before ordering @Prescription Blend.
How did you like it, have you used other nutrients? So far so good for me, the plants seem to love it and it’s pretty affordable.

Ps. Can we move this convo to my current journal listed below :Namaste:

Hey guys, well today it seems as if winter has finally decided join us today and dropped to about freezing, well not literally lol It’s been one of those days where it seems like 5:30pm all day, not dark but completely overcast. I love these types of days once in awhile. I’m definitely a seasons person though. I like it sunnny in the summer and cold and gloomy in the winter with a colorful fall and wonderful smelling spring. Yeah that’s for sure, although the thought or idea of living in Florida or somewhere sunny most the time seems nice too, I think I’d rather just vacation in the winter out there lol or maybe even somewhere nice and gloomy, like if it were say idk I think they say it’s always gloomy and rainy in Seattle, WA and that seems nice too.

9E3F516B-B541-4D42-8843-B1F1CD013C9D.jpeg

Here we are around 2pm this afternoon
61A5AF5A-F950-4748-8FCA-380E34B722E1.png

It’s been this way all week, so hopefully we can get some snow soon, fingers crossed we get snow for Christmas, now that would be so cool!!
Seattle is quite "gloomy" during this season, although the entire region around is overpopulated and becoming cliche. If you are sold on a "gloomy" weather winter - try a cabin on the Olympic Peninsula across Puget Sound from Seattle - guaranteed winter "gloominess", periods of torrential downpour and beautiful old-growth forests -added benefit exciting and wonderful coastal storms on the Pacific beaches.

I'm not sure that being a "huge tool" is a compliment...that is if you meant it to be one. :laugh:
:rofl: Yes, it was definitely meant to be a “huge compliment”, nothing more, nothing less :eek:

Back
Top Bottom