Hello, allow me to introduce myself: It’s so nice to meet you!

420giirl

Hi guys, my name is Michelle and I just recently started growing at the beginning of 2021. I am now on my second grow, bloom stage, with my 3rd grow underway. I’ve been successful in cloning in rinsed perlite this time around. First time trying to clone ended with only 1 rooting. Using peat moss pods, which did work too.
Anyways…. I live in the southwest area of the USA, in a little state called New Mexico. I’ve lived here all my life, where I have raised my beautiful family of 2 beautiful daughters and 2 dogs, oh let’s not forget my wonderful hubby lol I must say he has been a blessing to our lil family as he is my second hubby. My daughters are awesome, both in their own right, being that they are 8 years apart in age. My eldest daughter is 23 next month. She just graduated from UNM college of nursing and is getting ready to take her nclex in a couple weeks. My youngest daughter is a freshman in high school and has never missed a day of school, ever! She will be 15 next month, their birthday’s are January 12th and January 13th, 8yrs apart lol
Last but certainly not least my 2 doggies!!
Bunky aka Bonnie, she is a Yorkshire terrier and she is everything to me she helped me thru an awful divorce and separation anxiety having to share custody of my 2 girls. Bunky came at a very perfect time in my adult life! She really is my emotional support dog (low key).
And then we have Buddy who is named after, yup you guessed it, marijuana, Mary Jane, cannabis, bud.
Buddy is also very special to our family, he came to us as a rescue dog. My daughters bf found him during quarantine (4/20/21 to be exact lol) when the pound wasn’t taking any animals and he wasn’t chipped. We never intended to leave him at the pound bc he was so emaciated, you could see everyone one of his bones. But not anymore, he is as healthy and happy as can be, making our lil family complete! :green_heart:

Ps. This is just a teeny tiny bit of me. If you’d like to know more just ask ;)

Pss. All things grow are very welcomed, advice, suggestions, recommendations etc.

07CECC26-3CA7-4020-9818-04A0A54A31CC.jpeg

Bunky aka Bonnie
038186AF-F94D-4216-806C-98AFAE897367.jpeg

Buddy boy
3ACDF3C5-C88F-42FD-805E-6D52A4DF2869.png
6868C4C9-B76D-492A-83E6-B5693684EBC7.jpeg

330969EE-6AD3-4D37-B46C-ECD08744C406.jpeg
E6E72CD5-706F-401F-A004-ECFC40950174.jpeg

:rollit:

Welcome! What adorable puppies!!

I hope you enjoy growing as much as I am ... more addictive than consumption! :cheesygrinsmiley:

What are you growing in?
What are you growing?
What are you growing under?

Some questions I and other are likely to ask ...

Everything going okay so far?

Thanks for posting, welcome and good to virtually meet you.

Hi guys, my name is Michelle and I just recently started growing at the beginning of 2021. I am now on my second grow, bloom stage, with my 3rd grow underway. I’ve been successful in cloning in rinsed perlite this time around. First time trying to clone ended with only 1 rooting. Using peat moss pods, which did work too.
Anyways…. I live in the southwest area of the USA, in a little state called New Mexico. I’ve lived here all my life, where I have raised my beautiful family of 2 beautiful daughters and 2 dogs, oh let’s not forget my wonderful hubby lol I must say he has been a blessing to our lil family as he is my second hubby. My daughters are awesome, both in their own right, being that they are 8 years apart in age. My eldest daughter is 23 next month. She just graduated from UNM college of nursing and is getting ready to take her nclex in a couple weeks. My youngest daughter is a freshman in high school and has never missed a day of school, ever! She will be 15 next month, their birthday’s are January 12th and January 13th, 8yrs apart lol
Bunky aka Bonnie, she is a Yorkshire terrier and she is everything to me she helped me thru an awful divorce and separation anxiety having to share custody of my 2 girls. Bunky came at a very perfect time in my adult life! She really is my emotional support dog (low key).
And then we have Buddy who is named after, yup you guessed it, marijuana, Mary Jane, cannabis, bud.
Buddy is also very special to our family, he came to us as a rescue dog. My daughters bf found him during quarantine (4/20/21 to be exact lol) when the pound wasn’t taking any animals and he wasn’t chipped. We never intended to leave him at the pound bc he was so emaciated, you could see everyone one of his bones. But not anymore, he is as healthy and happy as can be, making our lil family complete! :green_heart:

Pss. All things grow are very welcomed, advice, suggestions, recommendations etc.

Bunky aka Bonnie

Buddy boy

Hey @420giirl welcome to 420magazine.
Great garden but I think I like your puppies better :love:
Are your starting a journal?

Stay safe
Bill

I hope you enjoy growing as much as I am ... more addictive than consumption! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Oh yeah you totally hit the nail right on the head with that one… I didn’t know I could love growing so much.
I barely have house plants but the ones I do have are really pretty I must say. I would love to have a beautiful garden in my backyard someday soon, hopefully this next spring, hopefully!
What are you growing in?
What are you growing?
What are you growing under?
Growing in fox farm happy frog soil.

Growing 4 different hybrid strains bc I didn’t know any better and wanted a variety. It’s just that I feel like I’m not getting the effects if I stay smoking the same strain.
Future- sativa dominant
Sandia sangría- sativa dominant
Hood candy- sativa dominant
Arise- indica dominant
Future is the only one I was able to clone from my first grow.
My 3rd grow is all their clones. I just got roots 2 weeks ago using rinsed perlite as per @InTheShed and transplanted them into FF Happy Frog soil earlier this week.

Growing under marshydro FC-E3000 which is a 300w led light. This is an upgrade from the light I used on my first grow which was only 100w.
Everything going okay so far?
Oh yeah, everything has gone really , really well. I’ve come a long way since my first grow and it’s written all over the pictures in my journal, literally lol
I definitely have 420 fam to thank for all their advice.

I will say that the canopy has been my main struggle and how and when exactly to defoliate by no fault of 420 magazine, thats all me lol I’m still learning.

I’m also using prescription blend nutrients for the first time.

:snowboating:

Oh yeah you totally hit the nail right on the head with that one… I didn’t know I could love growing so much.
I barely have house plants but the ones I do have are really pretty I must say. I would love to have a beautiful garden in my backyard someday soon, hopefully this next spring, hopefully!

Growing 4 different hybrid strains bc I didn’t know any better and wanted a variety. It’s just that I feel like I’m not getting the effects if I stay smoking the same strain.
Future- sativa dominant
Arise- indica dominant
My 3rd grow is all their clones. I just got roots 2 weeks ago using rinsed perlite as per @InTheShed and transplanted them into FF Happy Frog soil earlier this week.

Growing under marshydro FC-E3000 which is a 300w led light. This is an upgrade from the light I used on my first grow which was only 100w.

Oh yeah, everything has gone really , really well. I’ve come a long way since my first grow and it’s written all over the pictures in my journal, literally lol

I will say that the canopy has been my main struggle and how and when exactly to defoliate by no fault of 420 magazine, thats all me lol I’m still learning.

Cool.

I've had good results with FF Ocean Forest too.
I wish you luck zeroing in on your favorite(s) moving forward. There are so many good ones out there. I've had my best luck with Wappa so she ranks as my current favorite.

We are currently canine challenged but I hope that changes one day ... now it's cats in the house.
Here is 1, Moo-moo the mischievous
moo moo.JPG

And again with her brother TIGER aka Doo-doo
Cat Sunday.jpeg

Welcome to 420 Magazine @420giirl

When your ready, you should start a grow journal so we can follow along, here's the link.

Also, after you have over 50 post you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Hi @420giirl. I caught some of your 1st grow and just like mine it was a wonderful and educating experience.
It’s nice to know a little about your life. I’m from Portland Oregon though I’ve lived in a few other states I’ve always migrated back to here.
This is a pic of my grandfur babies that I’m babysitting this week while my daughter vacations down in Palm Springs with her family.

9FFFD935-36E8-4498-A5C9-6B02ABBBC6DE.jpeg

Hi @420giirl. I caught some of your 1st grow and just like mine it was a wonderful and educating experience.
It’s nice to know a little about your life. I’m from Portland Oregon though I’ve lived in a few other states I’ve always migrated back to here.
This is a pic of my grandfur babies that I’m babysitting this week while my daughter vacations down in Palm Springs with her family.

Ahhhhhh...precious babies!

Bunky aka Bonnie

Buddy boy

Pretty babies all around!

Future- sativa dominant
Arise- indica dominant

Regarding leaf defoliation, you might look at my defoliation project @ppm Charlie . Also, @Krissi1982 is doing some leaf defoliation currently too.

It is my understanding by reading on the subject that veg stage leaf defoliations should be limited to yellowing leaves, nutrient deficient leaves, diseased leaves, topping, femming and providing added light to additional areas of the plant during LST (low stress training). However, there is a great advantage to making two-rounds of robust and full-scale defoliations during flowering - better light penetration of the canopy, better air penetration in budding 420 and higher 420 yields at harvest. I guess the higher yields correspond to stressing the plant at the right time. Lollipopping is one proven technique but it can be more robust then this.

For my current crop of flowering 420, I defoliated at Day-1 and again at Day-18 of the flowering 12/12 light cycle. From what I understand, Day-1 defoliation is pretty much widely accepted. I chose Day-18 to defoliate again because I saw it in a You Tube video and also a lot of the texts indicated the second flowering leaf defoliation should occur during the 3rd week of flowering.

Most defoliation texts say to remove all leaves showing "purplish" leaf stem color. Other references indicate that the grower should remove all "easily removed" 420 leaves. That's what I am doing. I leave the little stem leaf sites alone and whack the rest of the leaves up to the top fan leaves (which some people cut and some don't). You would think that this "rough" treatment would harm the plant. On the contrary, it seems to further promote vigorous and hardy growth both in the new forming leaves and in the developing buds. The leaves all grow back in 3 or 4 days, just smaller and vigorous. A two stage defoliation technique, Day-1 and Day-18 of the flowering 12/12 light cycle.

Take a chance - experiment a bit!

P.S Love your dogs!

Bunky aka Bonnie

Buddy boy

Beautiful plants and beautiful pups!!! Starting your 2nd year of growing soon, how exciting!!! Welcome to the absolute best place to be for a canna lover and grower! Tons of knowledge for you, tons of wonderful people (many of whom also looove dogs and to share their pics), lots of beautiful grows to follow and much information to take notes on!!

Best of luck on this grow, please start a grow journal with us and add it to your signature so that we can follow you easier and others can see what you have going on!!

Oh. My. God. NEV!!!! :green_heart::love::circle-of-love:

Cool.

I've had good results with FF Ocean Forest too.
I wish you luck zeroing in on your favorite(s) moving forward. There are so many good ones out there. I've had my best luck with Wappa so she ranks as my current favorite.

We are currently canine challenged but I hope that changes one day ... now it's cats in the house.
Here is 1, Moo-moo the mischievous
moo moo.JPG

And again with her brother TIGER aka Doo-doo
Cat Sunday.jpeg
Omg What cute kitty cats, they are so adorable! But that plant is a bit of a mess lol I would love to have a rag doll kitty cat. Unfortunately Bunky stalks all the cats in our neighborhood lol

This reminds of the time one of our neighborhood cats decided to have her 2 adorable kitties in my dog house. I was so excited thinking maybe I could keep them. Problem was momma cat was no where to be found, so I thought for sure she left them. I tried to bottle feed them as recommended by google. Long story short I put them back bc they wouldn’t bottle feed.
Thankfully momma cat finally came back sometime in the middle of the night, they were since about 8am when I noticed them. And since I touched them she took them away. She was just being a good momma cat and protecting her babies. :)

Beautiful plants and beautiful pups!!! Starting your 2nd year of growing soon, how exciting!!! Welcome to the absolute best place to be for a canna lover and grower! Tons of knowledge for you, tons of wonderful people (many of whom also looove dogs and to share their pics), lots of beautiful grows to follow and much information to take notes on!!

Best of luck on this grow, please start a grow journal with us and add it to your signature so that we can follow you easier and others can see what you have going on!!
Thank you so much!!
I only introduced myself just now bc I never noticed before lol so I figured I’d share a little about me now.
I actually have a completed journal and a current journal listed under my signature. Are you able to see it on your end?
I’m actually hoping to start my first outdoor grow this next spring.

Omg What cute kitty cats, they are so adorable! But that plant is a bit of a mess lol I would love to have a rag doll kitty cat. Unfortunately Bunky stalks all the cats in our neighborhood lol

This reminds of the time one of our neighborhood cats decided to have her 2 adorable kitties in my dog house. I was so excited thinking maybe I could keep them. Problem was momma cat was no where to be found, so I thought for sure she left them. I tried to bottle feed them as recommended by google. Long story short I put them back bc they wouldn’t bottle feed.
Thankfully momma cat finally came back sometime in the middle of the night, they were since about 8am when I noticed them. And since I touched them she took them away. She was just being a good momma cat and protecting her babies. :)
Moo moo and Doo doo are a bonded pair adopted during Covid. We're blessed to have them, they're both very loving and excellent mousers. This comes in real handy in our 109 year old house.
When we bought this place 10 years ago, we didn't realize a neighborhood feral cat had made her way into our shed to have kittens. Mama and one kitten (Flipper) stuck around, got fixed and they're now more or less fixtures on our front porch. They'll leave an occasional song bird on our door mat as thanks.
Their food attracts possum and racoon regularly.
These always try a telepathic 'meow' on me, hasn't worked yet.

Hey Nev, how are you? Yeah I remember you helped out a lot on 1st grow. I believe it was you that set me up the @InTheShed whom has be a huge tool in my grow room.
I just never got around to the introduction bc I never noticed it before, better late than never.

Ps. Omg those lil faces are to live for!! :circle-of-love:

Thank you so much!!
I only introduced myself just now bc I never noticed before lol so I figured I’d share a little about me now.
I actually have a completed journal and a current journal listed under my signature. Are you able to see it on your end?
I’m actually hoping to start my first outdoor grow this next spring.
Of course!! I do see them now and I will absolutely check them out!! Outdoor is something I can't really do here but it's a bucket list item!!

Welcome to 420 Magazine @420giirl

When your ready, you should start a grow journal so we can follow along, here's the link.

Also, after you have over 50 post you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:
Hey there Tokin Roll, thanks so much for stopping in to welcome me to the 420 fam. I guess I should have been a little more clear on how long I’ve actually been here. I just hadn’t got around to introduce myself. I thought to myself how rude of me to just barge in and start asking all these grow questions without properly introducing myself, so here I am lol
The links to my current and complete journal are listed in my signature or at the bottom of each of my posts, so I thought? I’ve noticed a couple comments asking me if I have a grow journal. Will you let me know if you can see the link below on your end?

Back
Top Bottom