Hey guys! New to growing. Have a few question

MadBeans

Hey Guys!.
I am new to growing and would love some feed back on my girl.
What Strain is it? -Bagseed
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Not sure
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Flowering
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? N\A
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? 15 days
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil FFoF
If Soil... What is in your Mix?FFoF
If Soil... What Size Pot? 5g bucket
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? One 400w Hps
Is it Air Cooled? Gull wing
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? Not sure
RH of Room/Cabinet?Not sure
PH of Medium or Reservoir? Not sure
Any Pests?Absolutely not!
How Often are you Watering? 3-5 days
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? FF growbig
Size or Square Footage of Room?4x4x6
I was looking at my baby girl, and was thinking that i had Nitrogen deficiency Because a few of her leaves are yellowing at the veins. At first i thought it was heat stress. She is over grown!! i transplanted her into a 5g bucket after i got my light and thought.. ehh it shouldn't make that big of a difference height wise and bam! now shes huge! lol. Anyways i thought that because shes so close to my light that its heat stress. The only things that are in my tent are her, my light and a small fan. Here's pictures on the leaves i had pulled, or that were already falling off.
IMG_041722.JPG
Tell what you think on these.

Here she is! :love:
IMG_041622.JPG

Here's a wider shot
IMG_041822.JPG

Shes budding!
IMG_042517.JPG

Looking forward to your feedback.
B. :Namaste:

She looks really good!

Where were those leaves located - upper, lower ...? They do look like they might have been overheated.

Anything closer than 12 inches from a 600W hps will be getting too much light/heat/radiation. And I see some "tacoing" of the upper fans. How hot is it in there?

Welcome to :420:
There are a bunch of good folks here.
:thumb:

HI beansrage and :welcome: to :420:
You've come to the right place. You should have some other members popping around soon to help on your questions.
I can't answer on the nitrogen possibility, but I am concerned about the closeness of the light. It's always hard to tell in pictures just how close it really is.
If you put your hand just above the plant and leave it there for a bit, does it get uncomfortably hot? If so, then it's too hot for the plant too and you may have to move that light up.
We'll see what others have to say on the leaf pics you posted too.
Again, welcome and congrats on your first grow!

@Graytail most were lower and no higher than mid but a few were top that i pulled but where without a doubt heat stressed. Here's a picture of the space i have between my girl and the top of my tent.
IMG_042617.JPG

On the heat subject i'm on a low tech grow kind of way... for now haha. Im not really sure about the heat id say mid to high 80s.
the reason its so close though is because of stretch!.. i was super cropping her to even out my canopy and minimize stretch but the past couple days i haven't done so, to let her catch a breather.
I also have a question on nutes. i havent fed her because i had transplanted her into a 5g bucket with the rest of my FFOF. So she went to and from FFOF and i know that has all of the necessary nutrients up to 4 weeks (more like 2 lol) but i did the transplant about 18 days ago. So almost all of the nutrients have been absorbed, i haven't fed her since the 2nd... which sounds horrible now that i think about it :\. But with that transplant, it looks like it was sufficient, i didn't want nute burn. Heres the question. Im reading the feeding chart for Fox farm... it says and i know not to use full strength but.. it says tsp/gallon ratio. 3tsps of big bloom, 2 tsps of grow big and 2 tsp of tiger bloom, even at low strength add all three to one 1 gallon container a bit too much? For one feeding!?

@trichomes she went into flower on the 7th. i have a fan at the bottom on the tent that circulates. i also have mesh vents on the back and sides.. would it be okay to leave those open even during my dark phase? even though there should be 0 light. Oh i know, i live on this website, and do all of my research on here but this is my first legit grow.. i have had a trial run earlier in the year but it was just a bs let me try my hand at it haha.

Yeah, first thing is to raise your light - it looks like you have room. There's a chart floating around somewhere that shows safe distances, and not for heat - for light. There really is such a thing as too much light. I have a 600W hps, too, and my plants are much happier with the light at 14+ inches away. I was toasting pistils with it at 12 inches, and the top growth was unhappy.

And your temps are too high. Sooner or later it's going to suffer from it, particularly just when you want it to bulk up and finish. You're gonna have to get the temps down nearer to 80 if you want decent produce.

But otherwise, she's lookin' good!

That's the one, cannafan, thanks!

It's the last chart - it shows that a 600W at 12 inches is twice the intensity of the Sun - kinda much - they don' like it.

so back to what i said about the nutes.. is that the correct way to start her flower feeding? by adding all three ff nutes?
I would not use the grow big anymore. You don't want to be adding to much nitrogen in flower phase. They still need a little nitrogen but to much can lock out essential flowering nutes like phosphorus. I would just use the tiger bloom and big bloom. And in moderation. And yes you can mix them in the same gallon. Just don't mix them before putting them in the water. Put the nute straight into the gallon of water. Mixing the raw nutrients can mess things up.

But if you were growing an organic live soil grow, everything but the big bloom is actually killing your soil. But if your not worried about keeping your soil healthy right now then ignore what I said and stick to the fox farm feeding chart. They won't steer you wrong.

We can get into soil later. Let's just try keeping your plant alive lol.

Back
Top Bottom