Hi complete newbie here looking for advice

Mistyjack

Hi I'm growing four auto seeds and the two in coco stopped growing after 1 week
should i be worried? (i am!)
I'm growing two seeds in biobizz light soil and 2 in canna coco plus
they are 11 days old now and after 1 week i gave the coco some water with take root
the soil has just been watered every 3 days or so when needed, the coco watered every 2 days
my initial PH was 8.0 for first two days but is now 5.8, I'm growing them under 250w mh lamp 15 inches from plants
in 15 litre pots
20161103_203912.jpg

these are the 4 seedlings, they were all growing the same till 1 week old then the 2 in coco stopped

20161103_203714.jpg

20161103_203802.jpg

20161103_203646.jpg

20161103_203655.jpg

any help or advice would be much appreciated, i have been scouring the internet fro advice and seems my

best bet is to transplant the coco plants into soil, is this the way to go?

coco is a brilliant medium so its something you are doing thats the prob.

coco should be fed everyday and ph should be 5.8. also light nutes should be added.under a 250w mh id be making feed of 0.8ec (400ppm). Dont water to run off. just small amount every 24 hours, keep coco slightly damp but not wet at this stage. Then once rooted feed nutrients everyday enough so that the plant is almost dry 24hours later.

The biggest mistake people make with coco is treating it the same as soil. They are very different. Coco is hydroponic medium and soil is living and can be made up of many different things. Soil usually has nutrients in and coco has none. Coco is the very best growing medium, soil is my least favourite.

Hi Cultivator thanks for your reply and help, i have fed them some nutes today and will see if that changes things, i will go and read your journals now, thanks again

I Need some advice on clones and when to start adding nutrients to it

I recently bought 2 clones they are gorrilla glue clones , they are 2 weeks old with good rooting . When I got home I transplanted it to fox farm ocean grow soil . I wanted to know when can i start adding nutrients and how many times a day should i water them . It's under 4 cfl day lights . This I my first time dealing with clones so I need some advice on when to add fox farm big bloom or should I wait and just add water with no nutrients ? Please any comments or answers will help thanks for ur time . I will upload some pics in a bit . Thanks✊

Re: I Need some advice on clones and when to start adding nutrients to it

@misty-
Granted, I use a 600W HPS, but even with a 250W, 15" is pretty close for new seedlings. Keep an eye on them for light/heat stress.

I recently bought 2 clones they are gorrilla glue clones , they are 2 weeks old with good rooting . When I got home I transplanted it to fox farm ocean grow soil . I wanted to know when can i start adding nutrients and how many times a day should i water them . It's under 4 cfl day lights . This I my first time dealing with clones so I need some advice on when to add fox farm big bloom or should I wait and just add water with no nutrients ? Please any comments or answers will help thanks for ur time . I will upload some pics in a bit . Thanks✊
How many times per day to water? How big is the pot you moved them to and how big are the plants? I think of watering in terms of days or weeks, not hours.

We each find a method that works well for us. For example, Cultivator loves coco and I'd follow his advice when using it. I hate coco and grow in soil. With soil, watering is infrequent and with FF Ocean Forest I'd go with plain water. The "soil" has nute's already in it. You shouldn't need to add anything for a while. Water to saturation. Drain. Wait. Wait more. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It's in a half gallon pot and I water them once a day I read up on the fox farm schedule and it says on week 2 to feed 2 table spoon in one gallon mixture . It's the grow big concentrate ...

It's in a half gallon pot and I water them once a day I read up on the fox farm schedule and it says on week 2 to feed 2 table spoon in one gallon mixture . It's the grow big concentrate ...

I try to read the plants. They will tell you what they need and when.
Remember, these manufacturers are in the business to sell stuff. I rarely take their advice as it usually seems to be too much too soon.
The biggest problem new growers have is loving their plants to death: too much water, too many nute's, messing around with them. We all want to grow the best we can, but with cannabis, less is often more.
For plants in 1/2 gal containers, I'd water them with about 2 cups of water. Under direct sun or hot HPS lamps that would last them about a week when starting out. Under CFLs, their metabolism and the evaporation will be much lower. IDK how long they might go before needing water, but it would be much longer.
At best, watering every day is bad for the roots. At worst, it is a death sentence. Once a plant gets to the point it needs water every day or two, it is time to up-pot. Just my $0.02.

IDK how big your clones are. These get water about per week (at most) when this size.
GT21.jpg

-edit-

I see you posted pictures. :thumb:
Yeah - those girls should not be getting water every day, IMO.

Thanks for the fast reply ... if u have any links for good seed banks thAt would be awesome

For seeds, check out the sponsors here on :420: :thumb:

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but notice how some of your top leaves sort of have a "hang dog" look to them: curled down at the ends and just a little droopy? That's a sign of too much water. When a plant is "in the zone", they look almost rigid and electric, like a fake plant. The leaves point up to the light.

Back
Top Bottom