Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Found what I think is a good way to apply ROOTS. I had a old spice bottle with the larger holes in the top for sprinkling on the spice. Cleaned it out real good and put the ROOTS powder in it. Lets you apply the ROOTS in hole and on root ball like sprinkling dry rub on a rump roast. Worked a charm.

Love this. I go thru spice shakers like a fat kid goes thru donuts

Hey Doc, Not sure I've seen any comment on this so a point of clarification please.

You advise when pruning to keep the top 3-5 nodes. In veg, from seed, branches/nodes are in pairs so it's easy to count. Once in flower, and with clones, branches/nodes are alternating so are they counted individually or in pairs? Said another way is each (alternating) singular branch counted as one node? Does his make sense?

Hey Doc, Not sure I've seen any comment on this so a point of clarification please.

You advise when pruning to keep the top 3-5 nodes. In veg, from seed, branches/nodes are in pairs so it's easy to count. Once in flower, and with clones, branches/nodes are alternating so are they counted individually or in pairs? Said another way is each (alternating) singular branch counted as one node? Does his make sense?
Hi Mike.

Yep. You're making sense and yes, each node us counted when alternating.

Clip everything from the bottom up, leaving the top 3 to 5 nodes intact.

I usually bloom them the same day.

Thanks for a great question. I should also add that if you've never gotten familiar with a strain, leave 5 nodes the first time, in order to figure it out.

This practice not only doesn't harm yield, it makes a much higher percentage of the harvest have that awesome bag appeal, with minimal popcorn.

Hi doc and gang, I was hoping for some input, I'm noticing some fading on my leafs, the new growth looks good. I just dunked with GE for the first time. RH is in the high 40's I ordered a humidifier to rectify that. I also noticed that the undersides of the fan leafs are a bit crispy. Possibly spraying too hard of a spray? Is this fade anything to worry about yet ? This is my first hi brix grow. Thanks for any input and hope everyone enjoys the holiday's.
EC2968A6-684A-4A24-8C9B-DFE78C1CA89F.jpeg
2DBB1CC3-C475-4564-8121-B4EAF40E10C4.jpeg
A47DB4A5-D113-41B1-AD98-9D3AC3C77A2C.jpeg
33A2E566-D470-49E6-B7D9-5208710B0FA5.jpeg

Hi doc and gang, I was hoping for some input, I'm noticing some fading on my leafs, the new growth looks good. I just dunked with GE for the first time. RH is in the high 40's I ordered a humidifier to rectify that. I also noticed that the undersides of the fan leafs are a bit crispy. Possibly spraying too hard of a spray? Is this fade anything to worry about yet ? This is my first hi brix grow. Thanks for any input and hope everyone enjoys the holiday's.
EC2968A6-684A-4A24-8C9B-DFE78C1CA89F.jpeg
2DBB1CC3-C475-4564-8121-B4EAF40E10C4.jpeg
A47DB4A5-D113-41B1-AD98-9D3AC3C77A2C.jpeg
33A2E566-D470-49E6-B7D9-5208710B0FA5.jpeg
Looks like no light is getting down to those leaves.

I recommend pruning them off as described in the post above.

Just reviewed the last two pics again, but can't tell if its the top leaves?

The tops are coming in very light green with a very small amount of fade, I pruned back like you said to, also greytail mentioned that it might be time to transplant into 7gal pots. From what I'm used to with past grows this very light greenish yellow usually signifies the start of not enough nitrogen or as you have mentioned to other brixers with similar issues, that the soil has run out of energy. I'll post more closeups of the tops later today. Thanks doc

The tops are coming in very light green with a very small amount of fade, I pruned back like you said to, also greytail mentioned that it might be time to transplant into 7gal pots. From what I'm used to with past grows this very light greenish yellow usually signifies the start of not enough nitrogen or as you have mentioned to other brixers with similar issues, that the soil has run out of energy. I'll post more closeups of the tops later today. Thanks doc
Its not nitrogen....that yellows the lower leaves.

Its the roots.

Are you in fabric pots? Saucers?

When you dunk them do the pots bend and distort?

They're not ready to transplant yet...not even close. I think they'll be OK after the Rescue Drench.

I'm not sure why people are having problems, but I think we can get it all straightened out by following the Darkscotia thread.

My plants do excellent with your gear Doc,and I do follow the directions
Wasn't trying show bad example was just trying to fig out if I had missed a direction change.

This plant is 19 days post flip (THC Bomb)
Not as green or as shiny as some of the girls I see on here but will deff produce
Very well
I strive for Plants like doc and many others post
So please if there is something I can do to take them to the next level dont hesitate
I have no grower ego just chasing perfection
IMG_109645.JPG

IMG_109548.JPG

My plants do excellent with your gear Doc,and I do follow the directions
Wasn't trying show bad example was just trying to fig out if I had missed a direction change.

This plant is 19 days post flip (THC Bomb)
Not as green or as shiny as some of the girls I see on here but will deff produce
Very well
I strive for Plants like doc and many others post
So please if there is something I can do to take them to the next level do hesitate
I have no grower ego just chasing perfection
IMG_109645.JPG

IMG_109548.JPG

What's wrong with that plant? It looks quite healthy to me! Look, when I grow, I prefer to use larger pots than most and veg relative to that pot size but taking into account how large they'll get in flower. I find this allows more forgiveness if you miss a feeding or brix spray. Believe it or not, pruning helps a lot too. After I flip, ill wait for a couple of days after a brix spray and prune back what I think will be useless buds, like doc says, about 5/6 nodes from the top down. This opens up everything for better light penetration and air flow. I've found over the years with the kit that its the small details that make the most differences, especially if you're following the directions

Hey Doc! I'm curious about this because my#1's are a little flimsy. Should I get more solid ones?
Unless it's fabric they should be fine. Sheeot, fabrics are great most of the time......but I wonder if lifting, dunking and distorting the shape of the soil is part of the trouble some folks have with fabric?

I'm still trying to figure it out. In the meantime, good long lasting plastic pots seem to work well.

What's wrong with that plant? It looks quite healthy to me! Look, when I grow, I prefer to use larger pots than most and veg relative to that pot size but taking into account how large they'll get in flower. I find this allows more forgiveness if you miss a feeding or brix spray. Believe it or not, pruning helps a lot too. After I flip, ill wait for a couple of days after a brix spray and prune back what I think will be useless buds, like doc says, about 5/6 nodes from the top down. This opens up everything for better light penetration and air flow. I've found over the years with the kit that its the small details that make the most differences, especially if you're following the directions

Thanks for looking and the reply

Just to clarify,

Nothing is wrong with this plant yet.
I posted it to show I have healthy plants most of the way thru the growing cycle

She was upcanned to a 7gal and pruned to 5 nodes then put into flower

I am very routine with all foliars every 7 days on Destress and 7-10 on Brix
I do follow the directions to the letter

Thought I had read that there was a change in the way we feed during veg to stave of mid bloom fade
Which I still get even with WA10/X ,which I apply on the first 2 Brix foliars after flip

It will start fade in a couple of weeks so I was trying to correct this
If you look close there are early signs of this

Also towards the end of flower the stems will lose rigidity and will droop over

The VEG (Jack Herer)plant I posted earlier in the week was one I had not ran before and it was fine till I made
the change in feeding during veg
I had ask if the change was current or if it was something I had misinterpreted
No one answered that question
And posted how it was being fed during veg

I wil see if I can find the post I am talking about where I thought there was a change
I have since went back to the directions in docs sig on that plant and all the others

Not trying to make anyone mad or offend, just trying to learn to grow best plants possible

I thought that this was the thread to ask questions to help troubleshoot problems
I will continue to use docs gear and I will fig out how to get them healthy to the end
was just looking for some guideance along the way from the growing gods
Thanks again
✌️

You will do Growth Energy with tea, then water with 1/4 strength transplant, then transplant (same strength as GE drench) plus tea, then water plus 1/4 transplant, then repeat...

Yes, that is the basic idea. It can be altered with experience, but start this way and pay close attention before you switch it up.

The main point in light of recent events is to use Transplant throughout the grow.

These are the post I was referring to
Didn't see an official change in the directions in docs sig but felt it was valid since doc replied himself

Back
Top Bottom