Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hey Doc I had a question. I was just going through your site and reading the recycling soil section. While doing so I noticed that in the section about recycling after the first run you say to just take the soil and put it back in the barrel with more EWC and letting it sit to cook for another 30 days. It does not say to add any more amendment. I thought we added amendment every cook, with first run getting used the first two cooks and then 3rd run getting used after that.

My question I guess would be if amendment is used every time? Every time I recycle my soil I always add amendment and I just wanna be sre I am right.

Re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

They do not seem to want kids to be able to do math for real. They would rather them have a rough idea of how to get an answer than actually know how to. It is overly complicated and confusing.

When I was in school and calculators were first made available to the public we
were not allowed to use them in school, the idea was if you can't do it on paper you
can't use a calculator, Sadly NO one can make change anymore if the register does not
show how much they are lost ? Don't even try and give then some change after to help
bring the total refund to an even dollar

Hey Doc I had a question. I was just going through your site and reading the recycling soil section. While doing so I noticed that in the section about recycling after the first run you say to just take the soil and put it back in the barrel with more EWC and letting it sit to cook for another 30 days. It does not say to add any more amendment. I thought we added amendment every cook, with first run getting used the first two cooks and then 3rd run getting used after that.

My question I guess would be if amendment is used every time? Every time I recycle my soil I always add amendment and I just wanna be sre I am right.

That information on the (not-yet-live) site Has been reported and will be corrected according to Doc.

According to DOC
Yes we use the 1st run Amendment in BOTH 1st & 2nd runs WE then use 3rd run amendment for 3rd run only

were not allowed to use them in school, the idea was if you can't do it on paper you
can't use a calculator, Sadly NO one can make change anymore if the register does not
show how much they are lost ? Don't even try and give then some change after to help

It gets me that it is always presented in a way that makes it sound like a better way to learn and more often than not it is anything but. I do see my boy having to do work on paper and show his work which is good but yeah they seem to want to make it so people can only work with whole numbers and would rather have them have the ability to round rather than know how to solve the issue itself.

That information on the (not-yet-live) site Has been reported and will be corrected according to Doc.

According to DOC
Yes we use the 1st run Amendment in BOTH 1st & 2nd runs WE then use 3rd run amendment for 3rd run only

Thanks that is good to know. I figured I had it right I just wanted to make sure 1)I was right and 2)If i was wrong that it was known that the info may need to be updated on the site.

The website is not yet live. For now, use the directions in my signature.

Why would you not use transplant in veg? In my experience, its the most important part of the kit...brix is a close second. I love hitting them with brix then Trans a couple of days later. 2 days after that they're usually looking pretty damn amazing!
He completely spaced using it the first run. I did the same thing myself. The initial directions truthfully made it sound kind of like you weren't supposed to use it until flowering, although for my part, it was simply me being a space cadet.

He completely spaced using it the first run. I did the same thing myself. The initial directions truthfully made it sound kind of like you weren't supposed to use it until flowering, although for my part, it was simply me being a space cadet.

Exactly, didn't realize I was messing up till I gave cat drench. I was able to keep in check and get nice harvest

I know Doc is real busy with the new site and all. Does anyone know if Doc ever posted some info that lets us into his though process about what is actually going on with the kit? Meaning......

What does this tea help do to soil by adding?
What does this foliar do or add to plant or soil?
What does this drench do?
What does adding this to water do?

I am one of them people that needs to understand something and the projected outcome to come to grips with it. I wonder if it may be a great info/knowledge source to add to the web site.

Ya, someone left lid to box open again.

I know Doc is real busy with the new site and all. Does anyone know if Doc ever posted some info that lets us into his though process about what is actually going on with the kit? Meaning......

What does this tea help do to soil by adding?
What does this foliar do or add to plant or soil?
What does this drench do?
What does adding this to water do?

I am one of them people that needs to understand something and the projected outcome to come to grips with it. I wonder if it may be a great info/knowledge source to add to the web site.

Ya, someone left lid to box open again.

Drenches

Growth Energy: This product increases soil energy and provides vegetative growth energy and bulking of fruit and flowers once formed.

Transplant: This product slightly favors reproductive growth of seeds, flowers and fruit. It is used to feed the microbial colony in the soil mostly, but it also boosts reproductive growth to some extent.

Cat Drench: This product increases soil energy, highly favors reproductive growth and provides cations and the ammonia form of nitrogen, which strongly stimulates fruiting and flowering, as well as seed production.

All drenches are mixed at .5 to 1.0 mil per gallon of soil in the container. For raised beds and hose-end sprayers, use 1 to 3 oz per 30 square feet of bed. Stronger applications can be applied without harm for the “heavy feeders.”

When dunking the plants in the vegetative phase (or if you're fortunate enough to be able to dunk them in bloom) mix everything at double strength.

Foliar Sprays:

Brix: Sprayed every week to 10 days, this product encourages reproductive growth and essential oil and resin production. Brix foliar should not be skipped, even if the plants look perfect. Use 1 oz Brix mixed into a quart of water. Do not store the prepared Brix foliar. Use it up the same day it is mixed.

De-Stress: This product helps plants heal, deal with stress and provides a broad spectrum of trace minerals. This can be sprayed 1-2 times per week when there are signs of plant stress. If the plants look "perfect" there is no reason to spray with De-Stress. Also, mixed at 50% strength it helps high brix clones root much faster. DeStress is mixed at ½ oz per quart of water. DeStress can be saved in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. Always smell it before using if you have stored some.

Mineral Amendments

Amendment: this product is mixed into the bale of Promix, watered, and allowed to "cook" in a barrel for a minimum of 30 days in order to get the soil ready for planting.

Re-Charge: This product is similar to Amendment, but has a few additions and ommisions. It is designed to be top dressed during the 3rd week of the bloom cycle. Outdoors, apply Re-charge when buds have set. It's best to scratch it into the top layer of soil and gently water it in to avoid soil compaction.

Roots!: This is a microbial inoculate. A light dusting on rootballs during transplanting and a small amount at the bottom of the hole where seeds are planted is the proper use for this product. One Tablespoon per transplanted cutting sprinkled in and around the hole is perfect. More can be used when transplanting from the Veg area to the Bloom containers. Water with 1/4 Strength Transplant after the first application of Roots!.

Microbes

Tea: This is a liquid humate product loaded with beneficials. It is mixed with each feeding at the rate of 1 mil per gallon of drench generally speaking.

Thanks, a fresh coffee and a small storage area in the gray matter and off I go to read.

I'm honored! I think the first 20 pages of this journal also have the same info in various forms.

Basically, it's organic gardening with optimized soil and specially designed foliar sprays to hype up the soil activity.

The major difference is that in HB, we pay very close attention to the ionic charge of the various components, and so much NPK, which is all in the soil anyways.

I've posted info along those lines many, many times.....and its all buried in this thread and others.

Go to my website and read Science for Stoners. Please ask questions after you read.

The Four Foundations – DocBud's High Brix Shop

Nice article, that's 1st time I've checked your site since spring.

I would really appreciate it if ya could slide a cut of paki in with my next order, lol

I start my seeds in solo cups. Just water until I see 5 bladed leaves then I do a half strength trans (mix 1 gal of water with 7 mils of trans and 1 mil of tea) drench. I hold the pots in the mixture til theyre good and wet. Afterwards, its JUST WATER twice, half strength GE @the same mixture stated earlier. I repeat this process until the roots are bound in the pot. I find this is one of the most important parts of the process.
When the roots are bound in the pot, I transplant into 10s. Ill give them JUST WATER twice again after that (no 1/4 trans!!!!!). Trans at full strength (7 mils of TRANS and 3 mils of tea in 1.5 gallons of water). That mixture get all dumped in the tray, none down the top. Then 2 waters (again NO 1/4 TRANS), GE at full strength as stated earlier. I repeat the alternating process until I'm ready to flower. Ill flip to flower after a GE drench because by the time I've done the 2 waterings in between, they're ready for CAT (which is mostly TRANSPLANT). After the cat drenches, they get water twice then GE, water twice then TRANS. Repeat until harvest. As the plants get bigger, you're feeds and waterings start happening at shorter intervals. Use your best judgement and knowledge of the strain you're growing to decide whether it needs more or less. Keep an eye on that top third of the plant cuz it will usually tell you how things are really going on in the soil. Oh, try to finish on GE and brix once a week.
Dont be afraid to mix brix stronger or weaker than the typical 1 mil per ounce of water. Some plants like more and some like less and do not completely drench the leaves in that stuff!!!! Youll get that silly upside down tacoing which I've seen many freak out about. Nuff said

Man doc. I have to say ...
I came into this thread by accident not realizing who you are ..found out lol. and have been constantly click baited to your page because of cool information.
Then I find out you have a website and love nature as much as I do. Mixing natures magic and science like a multisubstance cold fusion.
I love the information on your website. And after reading I'm sold. I am hydro. But have been loving the depth and scope of work for sips. With living organic soil. (Growant got me hooked on sips and l.o.s.) but I was stuck in this....." what I'm doing is working and I'm not set up for that" mentality.
Anyway after reading through your website my curiosity spiked and my brain tingling with ideas.. I feel invigorated by your knowledge. And I want to move forward.
I am curious about your high brix in sips?
Have you done it? Has anyone? Am I right by thinking the two are a perfect match?
#lifetime subscription ...☑

I start my seeds in solo cups. Just water until I see 5 bladed leaves then I do a half strength trans (mix 1 gal of water with 7 mils of trans and 1 mil of tea) drench. I hold the pots in the mixture til theyre good and wet. Afterwards, its JUST WATER twice, half strength GE @the same mixture stated earlier. I repeat this process until the roots are bound in the pot. I find this is one of the most important parts of the process.
When the roots are bound in the pot, I transplant into 10s. Ill give them JUST WATER twice again after that (no 1/4 trans!!!!!). Trans at full strength (7 mils of TRANS and 3 mils of tea in 1.5 gallons of water). That mixture get all dumped in the tray, none down the top. Then 2 waters (again NO 1/4 TRANS), GE at full strength as stated earlier. I repeat the alternating process until I'm ready to flower. Ill flip to flower after a GE drench because by the time I've done the 2 waterings in between, they're ready for CAT (which is mostly TRANSPLANT). After the cat drenches, they get water twice then GE, water twice then TRANS. Repeat until harvest. As the plants get bigger, you're feeds and waterings start happening at shorter intervals. Use your best judgement and knowledge of the strain you're growing to decide whether it needs more or less. Keep an eye on that top third of the plant cuz it will usually tell you how things are really going on in the soil. Oh, try to finish on GE and brix once a week.
Dont be afraid to mix brix stronger or weaker than the typical 1 mil per ounce of water. Some plants like more and some like less and do not completely drench the leaves in that stuff!!!! Youll get that silly upside down tacoing which I've seen many freak out about. Nuff said

Copied and pasted... thank you so much for this contribution!!! Awesome info here!

Man doc. I have to say ...
I came into this thread by accident not realizing who you are ..found out lol. and have been constantly click baited to your page because of cool information.
Then I find out you have a website and love nature as much as I do. Mixing natures magic and science like a multisubstance cold fusion.
I love the information on your website. And after reading I'm sold. I am hydro. But have been loving the depth and scope of work for sips. With living organic soil. (Growant got me hooked on sips and l.o.s.) but I was stuck in this....." what I'm doing is working and I'm not set up for that" mentality.
Anyway after reading through your website my curiosity spiked and my brain tingling with ideas.. I feel invigorated by your knowledge. And I want to move forward.
I am curious about your high brix in sips?
Have you done it? Has anyone? Am I right by thinking the two are a perfect match?
#lifetime subscription ...☑

ShiggityFlip started a thread where he was growing with the SIPs and he was loving it. I do not know how his grow finished since he hasnt posted in a while, but they seemed on track to do awesome.

Back
Top Bottom