Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

You know it Graytail. My 3x6 and 4x8 trays are in a 12x12x12 room. I can walk around each tray and dirt is at shin level, with tops between my chest and a few inches overhead, strain depending.

My helper wanted to cram another 10 plants into his identical room, but after 1 cycle he gave up in order to have access to the plants, like I have.

The environment is the single most important component for success. I'd rather use OC+ in Fox Farms in a perfect environment than High BRix in a crappy one.......

But damn! When things are on point it's pretty ridiculous, some of the buds we see.

Another question Doc. What does it cost to run that room, on average, with all the factors you stated above?

Hey Doc, I haven't been paying much attention to the site for the last year or so, so I was wondering why'd you switch to 11/13?

Another question Doc. What does it cost to run that room, on average, with all the factors you stated above?

CT, I've been on 11/13 for years. I really like the "sativafication" that occurs with the kit and the shorter photoperiod.

I"m industrial zoned, so electricity is 21c a kilowatt. 2 rooms like I mentioned, plus two veg rooms and a drying/curing room comes to about 1000 bucks a month on electricity. But that's with a LOT of light.

Damn doc your getting raped on electric. My 2 rooms, with all HVAC and gadgets plus 2500 watts of lights runs around $100 a month, maybe $110-120 in summer

Since your in an industrialized zone, have you thought about getting 3 phase installed. With a balanced panel your costs should drop 25% or more. Or for 5-7 thousand I could install you a solar panel system

Damn doc your getting raped on electric. My 2 rooms, with all HVAC and gadgets plus 2500 watts of lights runs around $100 a month, maybe $110-120 in summer

Since your in an industrialized zone, have you thought about getting 3 phase installed. With a balanced panel your costs should drop 25% or more. Or for 5-7 thousand I could install you a solar panel system

Is that really all it cost for solar panel system. Been thinking of installing some but wasn't sure of costs.

LOL, I have 3 phase. I didn't mention the AC and all that....but this is california. We pay WAY more for electricity.

LOL, I have 3 phase. I didn't mention the AC and all that....but this is california. We pay WAY more for electricity.

I was like damn, at peak times im at 10 cents a kwh. I couldn't imagine living there, I would have a stroke. Everything is triple but wages, if went to work there, I would only make $1.15 more on hour, eff that. Not to mention crazy real estate prices, my property would be 5-10 mill there. Never understood how people lived with those cost since wages aren't any higher

Thats it..... We all need 7 year old aged pots... Just kidding, we just need to listen and pay attention to DOC.

You are correct! Listen and pay attention to the small details Doc speaks of...it's so worth it!

Headband OG just started to fill the room with sweet citrus floral fruity ness. Yesterday no smell....today the charcoal filters can't even knock down the sweet smell. My wife is like WTF...lol. This is the 1st time I've run this cultivar on the newest formula, and I can smell the difference. The last 4 runs I did with this plant did not smell as intense.

420-magazine-mobile1581696999.jpg

You are correct! Listen and pay attention to the small details Doc speaks of...it’s so worth it!

Headband OG just started to fill the room with sweet citrus floral fruity ness. Yesterday no smell....today the charcoal filters can’t even knock down the sweet smell. My wife is like WTF...lol. This is the 1st time I’ve run this cultivar on the newest formula, and I can smell the difference. The last 4 runs I did with this plant did not smell as intense.

420-magazine-mobile1581696999.jpg

Wow! What an amazing plant.

Yes, the "new" (not really new anymore) formulas were designed precisely for this type of situation and they will coax even more terps in time, especially as you get familiar with the strain.

What was it you did a couple days ago to turn on the terps? For me, it usually happens 2 or 3 days after a Transplant drench. I notice other things happening with GE.

I don't notice much in the way of terp changes from foliars.....but they sure help pack on the resin and keep the soil happy.

Wow! What an amazing plant.

Yes, the "new" (not really new anymore) formulas were designed precisely for this type of situation and they will coax even more terps in time, especially as you get familiar with the strain.

What was it you did a couple days ago to turn on the terps? For me, it usually happens 2 or 3 days after a Transplant drench. I notice other things happening with GE.

I don't notice much in the way of terp changes from foliars.....but they sure help pack on the resin and keep the soil happy.

Last week she got a Super Drench, then 4-5 days later a plain drink, which was the day before the temps came alive. Only gave a very light destress foliar spray twice, once in veg and once after stretch. Brix every 2 weeks, I'm in 2nd run soil.

I never had such pungent odor issues like this before! I need to install charcoal filters on my intake ducts! I have two monster charcoal filters on my exhaust ducts. When my exhaust is not running I believe the aroma is migrating back through the intake duct, which is only hepa filtered, and into my home.

I need a split, so I can seal my room.

Last week she got a Super Drench, then 4-5 days later a plain drink, which was the day before the temps came alive. Only gave a very light destress foliar spray twice, once in veg and once after stretch. Brix every 2 weeks, I’m in 2nd run soil.

I never had such pungent odor issues like this before! I need to install charcoal filters on my intake ducts! I have two monster charcoal filters on my exhaust ducts. When my exhaust is not running I believe the aroma is migrating back through the intake duct, which is only hepa filtered, and into my home.

I need a split, so I can seal my room.

Yep. Resin problem. Be warned folks. YOU could all have these problems....

I was like damn, at peak times im at 10 cents a kwh. I couldn't imagine living there, I would have a stroke. Everything is triple but wages, if went to work there, I would only make $1.15 more on hour, eff that. Not to mention crazy real estate prices, my property would be 5-10 mill there. Never understood how people lived with those cost since wages aren't any higher

In my neck of the woods, BOTH are higher. Wages 20-35% typically--that's why folks move to Silicon Valley for work--though a lot of it is software, software, software.

The trouble is the property, for sure. I don't want to know where we could be living, and with what kind of land, for our monthly payments :/

Most of the prices you'll find online is installed. For instance if a 45kw kit is $15k, the contractor is getting for $7k or much less. They rape you on installs. I've put complete systems in for under $10k

I hope some don't mind, but having someone like you that knows this shit is great. Now could you provide some links to systems you feel are good and worth the money. I have been known to be a little handy here and there. Just not sure what I would need to be handy here.

It gets dark in the box when the lid ain't open.

I hope some don't mind, but having someone like you that knows this shit is great. Now could you provide some links to systems you feel are good and worth the money. I have been known to be a little handy here and there. Just not sure what I would need to be handy here.

It gets dark in the box when the lid ain't open.

I'll try and get some more info on different systems from electrical supply house that I deal with this week. I've put 2-3 complete systems in on houses, can do it in a weekend. The costly part is if you want battery backup, that's when you get into big bucks. It's extremely expensive to store electricity. Personally I would run panels and throw all of the electric it produces back into the grid, then receive credit back from utility company. If you live in right state that could mean you could have some $ being deposited in your account every month. Most states now have cut that out, now just give credit towards future bills

Back
Top Bottom