Hippie 66 First Indoor Attempt

Air in from bottom, out from top correct? The root development is crazy! I have roots thru my drain holes already.

Sent from my XT1064 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yes you are correct! Heat will rise upwards where u need to pull it and scrub it(in most cases).

I too am having very fast root development with roots showing in my holes in the second week as well. I am in starter square pots which I got because I thought they would last a little longer than a cup with their width. I wasn't planning on having to transplant until 3-4 weeks but looks like I will have to do it somewhere around the 2-3 week range for sure. As a first time grower it's just so exciting!

I forgot to stop by and tell you I was able to pick up a Mars2 1200 on EBay... still in box but technically used. I got it for a steal... I'm still in shock. I could definitely not afford it normally. It's also only about an hour and half away so I'm going to pick it up in person. No crazy shipping costs. I definitely know it's a beast. I will be watching you for clues... I don't even know how to introduce my babies (under a baby mars300) to their new monstrous energy source!!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

They look so small on the 4×4. Can't wait til they fill it up

Raised light to 24" any input appreciated.

I find that if you place your hand above your seedlings and the heat form your light is too strong for your hand then it's too strong for your girls. Also in the early seedling stage I just water for the first 10days or so, then I feed at 250ppm and water pH 5.8 until mid veg ( I veg for 50 days ) where I increase the ppm of my nutes to =<800ppm,water pH 5.8 and once in flower up it to 1000ppm, water pH 6.0, these amounts are not written in stone if you notice any oddities you can dial it back or deficiency turn it up.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I appreciate the input. The misformed leaf issue has been from the start do I really don't see it as a nutrient issue. Plus what I did give them was so minimal anyway. I just think that either there light or the heater that WAS blowing on them was to much. Water is ph'd at 6.5 and the heater is no longer needed, so hopefully I will be OK. As I said, I'm happy with the growth above and below the soil, so we'll see. Again, thank you for the input and please stick around.

Thank you Hippie66, I'll stick around and watch with interest, I have my first grow on the go just seven days before flowering, so I'm still learning myself and everything is new. It's like having your first child, worrying about everything and thinking the worst but they will flourish.

I plan on transplanting to 3 gallon smart pots soon, possibly this coming weekend. Then building a scrog setup using one inch PVC. How high above my pots should I build the screen? Approximately.

I plan on transplanting to 3 gallon smart pots soon, possibly this coming weekend. Then building a scrog setup using one inch PVC. How high above my pots should I build the screen? Approximately.

You may want to rethink pot size as once in flower our plants will stretch for a period of two to three weeks and increase in size by as much as 2/3rds. The scrog screen sits pretty much on top the plant, you should try to lay the branches out to fill the screen. Here's a link http so://YouTube.be/41URvzOaKcY

So, you think bigger, or smaller pots? I was thinking the pot, approx 18" plant would be about 28" -30". If they doubled in size I would be looking at 46-48" leaving about 2' for the light. Mars recommends 12-18" above for flowering. It would be tight I guess. I'll have to measure the height of the pots.

So, you think bigger, or smaller pots? I was thinking the pot, approx 18" plant would be about 28" -30". If they doubled in size I would be looking at 46-48" leaving about 2' for the light. Mars recommends 12-18" above for flowering. It would be tight I guess. I'll have to measure the height of the pots.

I have wide 5 gallon pots that only have a profile height of about 12 inches. Space may be an issue for you with that many plants as I am only growing 5 with my grow.

First Indoor Grow With Mars II 1200W & The McGrow

Just googled it, 3 gallon smart pots are 8.5" tall, 10" base. I think that will be fine I think. I will be spring before I flower, so if space is an issue, the into the great wide open she goes. She'll have a great start for outside. That said, I think it'll be OK.

Just googled it, 3 gallon smart pots are 8.5" tall, 10" base. I think that will be fine It think. I will be spring before I flower, so if space is an issue, then into the great wide open she goes. She'll have a great start for outside. That said, I think it'll be OK.

I don't think I will let them get to 18" either, more like 15" and I know they will stretch, but they shouldn't double should they?

I'd go 5 gallon to allow for additional growth. I never used a ScrOG but from what I've researched are all variations of the same thing so if you're struggling with height keep it low. Check out ScrOG on YouTube.

Will do. I thank you for the input. I thought you were thinking smaller.

Will do. I thank you for the input. I thought you were thinking smaller.

I've just checked my Cannabis Grow Bible with regard to ScrOG and it say for indica plants the screen should be placed 8 inches above, indica sativa hybrid 12 inches and sativa plants 18 inches. I hope this helps.

Thanks Bio, that's a great video, I have both indica and sativas in there so I'll probably shoot for 12".

I have wide 5 gallon pots that only have a profile height of about 12 inches. Space may be an issue for you with that many plants as I am only growing 5 with my grow.

First Indoor Grow With Mars II 1200W & The McGrow
Hey Tim, now that I have looked into some scrogs, I see what you mean in regard to space issues. I have some time. We'll see how it looks on 4 weeks or so. Thanks for the advice.

Things are progressing nicely since transplanting, I am between 4and5 nodes now and hope to top this weekend at the 6th. They have been in their new pots for about 24 hrs and hopefully the new room to grow will get them popping.

Things are progressing nicely since transplanting, I am between 4and5 nodes now and hope to top this weekend at the 6th. They have been in their new pots for about 24 hrs and hopefully the new room to grow will get them popping.

I just fimmed all of mine. I waited a few days (3) after transplant till I thought they were settled in their new homes first. They were growing like mad and then the fim definitely slowed 'em down. Also... like I said transplanted about 5 days ago and saturated the soil at that time. Although they are dry on top, the plants are not showing ANY signs of wanting water yet and the pots still have a bit of weight to them... if I could do it again I would have given them a little longer after transplant to do any high stress training. Just telling you because.... maybe you can benefit from my mistake. Make sure they are completely settled after transplant before topping/fimming.

XxKitty

Back
Top Bottom