Honest question: What happened to weed we had in USA from 2001 to 2008?

Welp, this is what $200 gets you at a Mass Medical dispensary. In the ziploc bag is an Oz of small bud animal blues for $80. the jars are each a 1/4oz 1 pre ground GG#4 1 Bruce banner both $60 each. Minus my senior Discount 10%, plus tip for the delivery people. The animals blues is 17% thc its my day time smoke ... I roll a joint about 10 am an toke on it all day, it's not very potent but keeps happy. The gummies I take first thing it relives my anxiety I wake up with. I take my antiseizure meds at 6 am then smoke a few tokes of GG #4. At around 7:30 pm I roll a joint of the Bruce Banner 24% thc this gets me high and helps me sleep. But I'd rather have my own weed that I grow

20230112_083124.jpg

The dispensaries on the east coast are starting to sell more and more shit.
But that's not only there.
I live between Illinois - Cali and OR.

What I see in Illinois since they legalized weed got real shitty unless you pay top dollar and even then you aren't sure if you will get a descent flower.

In Cali weed was always expensive so if you know the better smaller farms ( I am not talking big corporations like Cookies) you can end up with a pretty good flower (If you go to Cali I reccomend you to try Ridgeline Farms or Country Club Cannabis).

And for Oregon, it is the only state that still sells good flower no matter the brand or price.

I think that the whole idea why they sell shitty products in the bigger cities is because most of the people that live there don't know what a good flower looks like/smells like. And the customer base is much bigger than a small rural place in OR or Cali. You definitely don't want to loose your customers by providing them with shitty flower. That's why they put the best flower they can in their jars. And the corporations depend on their big name.

And for the big corporations - they only care about profit. The bigger and best looking and smelling buds don't even make it to the dry room. They use them to make rosin. I can give you an example - the concentrate department at Jungle Boys (and I really like all their products) would go into the flower room a few days before the harvest or at the day at the harvest, and they will chop off all the good looking buds and turn them into rosin. Then the actual harvest starts and what we get at the dispensary sold as A bud is actually a B bud. But the profits from the oils are much bigger so why selling a big nice beautiful bud for X amount of money when you can press it and sell it for more money. Nowadays people prefer to buy from the big corporation just because everyone knows them and they are all over the billboards. And then when they get shitty weed for a lot of money they think "I had a bad luck, next batch will be better".

Like I have these 2oz and there's like No effects. Looks pretty for smalls but no high at all. The smell doesn't smell like weed it smells like some type of edible herb from the spice cabinet I mean its terrible. Its not the first time either. Basically all the weed I've gotten here since I moved is that way.

Maybe it is my eyes or the photos, but I noticed that the buds in the three pictures in msg #6 do not have any trichomes showing. That might start to explain why there is no effect, no high, and why the smell is different.

Nostalgia is incredibly powerful and your mind purposefully tints your memories. You’ll always believe something was better in hindsight. When you couple the psychological and physiological effects of a memory system designed to protect you, with the fruits of profiteering you’re left believing your youth was better. It wasn’t. It’s just like the old heads that claim their seed and stick heavy bags were better than todays products. In their minds this may be true, but in reality it’s not.

If you spend your life chasing feelings you had when you were younger you will always be disappointed. The stuff you buy in dispensaries and from commercial growers is grown for profit, not for your enjoyment. The best thing you can do is to grow yourself and hone in on the specific flavors and feelings you enjoy and turn them up to the max. You’re not going to find what you’re looking for in mass produced products.
I wouldn't care if I didn't buy a QP and got me high the only thing my memory remembers is actually smoking weed and getting high. Now? that doesn't work anymore last time I was high was in 2014 when I had blue dream.

Like literally ZERO HIGH at all None existant and I have zero tolerance

I like to think of it like this.. the very first time I kissed someone for real it was a mind blowing experience like none other and made me elated.

I do not feel that same mind blowing elation today, even though today the kissing is much much better and leads to much much better things than some sloppy awkward moment in a basement.
yeah but elation or not it should get me high. As long it gets me high I am super happy but I bought over a QP since i moved to VA and nothing ever got me high.

Welp, this is what $200 gets you at a Mass Medical dispensary. In the ziploc bag is an Oz of small bud animal blues for $80. the jars are each a 1/4oz 1 pre ground GG#4 1 Bruce banner both $60 each. Minus my senior Discount 10%, plus tip for the delivery people. The animals blues is 17% thc its my day time smoke ... I roll a joint about 10 am an toke on it all day, it's not very potent but keeps happy. The gummies I take first thing it relives my anxiety I wake up with. I take my antiseizure meds at 6 am then smoke a few tokes of GG #4. At around 7:30 pm I roll a joint of the Bruce Banner 24% thc this gets me high and helps me sleep. But I'd rather have my own weed that I grow

20230112_083124.jpg
That's awesome! nice looking flower!

every few wks we get the same thread. the years will change ... " oh weed was so much better in '67,'72, '89, '96, '04, '11" and on and on ... the only difference is the age of the poster. it's always the same reason. you out chroniced and toleranced the potency levels as you got older.

by all measures weed has gotten more potent over the years. you never got stuff with 20% or higher thc counts 20 yrs ago.
How if I haven't been high since 2014? how could i have tolerance if nothing gets me high? ia m not consuming any other form of cannabis. I don't understand why everyone says that and just burry the hatchet with the "Toelrance" Thing. Its a huge mistery I assume or some type of secret. I first smoked weed when I moved to USA when in 2003 to up to 2007 maybe 2008 never had anything laced and from more than a Lb worth of weed I smoked in thsoe years never had anything from US Grown to Mexican brick that didn't get me high. Then I started again 2 years ago nothing I smoked ever got me high its ridiculous I am gonna order some seeds from Mexico and grow that stuff this weed going around in VA is utter garbage

I have no tolerance if the weed I am smoking is not getting me high.

My complain is that nothing is getting me high and I have zero tolerance since "Hence" Nothing I am smoking is getting me high so I have no tolerance lol

if i do smoke is like 2 joints a day maybe 2 or 3 times a day and still don't feel anything maybe just slightly relaxed.
I am gonna take care of it tho. Def ordering seeds from mexican weed and make it grow all pretty and exotic. I bet is gonna be gas!

not lashing out all respect to you and others just mad that the weed doesn't get me high. If only i could get high I'd be super happy ZERO Complaints

you can get good weed here at dispensaries, and even better pricing, but it's a total inside game. you either have to be friends of friends or related. most top shelf isn't advertised, it gets sold to insiders, and the few lucky customers let in on it.

pricing can drop drastically too. the advertised $140/oz can drop to $40/oz to a select few when they have to roll inventory over. there are a few places that run unadvertised daily deals for regulars and preferred customers as well. not always flower, lots of times it's on shatter or other product, and you need to ask for it.

none of those practices are technically illegal, but it's a bit slippery.

I wouldn't care if I didn't buy a QP and got me high the only thing my memory remembers is actually smoking weed and getting high. Now? that doesn't work anymore last time I was high was in 2014 when I had blue dream

how often are you smoking ?

yeah but elation or not it should get me high. As long it gets me high I am super happy but I bought over a QP since i moved to VA and nothing ever got me high.

that answers the question. dude, you're chronic. you're gonna have to grow your own to get the terp and canniboid kick you crave.

i rarely get really high anymore. i've been a long term smoker previous and med focused now, and i'm on thc and cbd pills daily, and i microdose for at least a portion of the day. plus i grow. i'd have to take a few months off for it to have a renewed effect. i've been forced to do it before, i lived for a yr in a place where it would have been a bullet in the head to spark up. when i got back from that i couldn't finish a joint of mids without near nirvana highness.

I understand. But if only i could feel that warm high feeling again in my life I would be so happy. I am legit gonna order some Mexican weed seeds and grow that stuff this summer! its gonna be brick weed grown with love and nourishment

great idea. i'm sure what you grow is gonna kick dispensary ass. there's loads of stuff out there to try. make sure you get a journal going here.

I understand. But if only i could feel that warm high feeling again in my life I would be so happy. I am legit gonna order some Mexican weed seeds and grow that stuff this summer! its gonna be brick weed grown with love and nourishment

I feel for you, I felt the same way you did for a while until my very first home harvest. For the longest time it just felt like I had smoked a fatter cigarette, maybe slightly more relaxed but none of that warm liquid head where all my senses are tingling and I’m laughing.. I grew my first home harvest and it was like I was 16 again.

I had to start a breathing exercise and remind myself I was stoned I got so baked. I forgot Cannabis could get me that high. I was having to hit my joint a specific number of times and set it down to wait and see just how baked I’d get.

When cannabis is being sold for profit there’s so many avenues of quality that can be compromised. The grow, the dry, the cure, the handling, the trimming, the shipping, the dealers.. It’s so many areas where anything can go wrong.. and they don’t care about repeat customers, there’s so much money to be made.

You are truly best off hunting through your own plants for the one that really connects with you and then maxing the genetic potential of that plant as much as you can.

The industry has been pushing high times Cannabis as I like to call it.. it looks pretty in pictures and the plants look fat but it’s worthless when it comes to actual consumption.

Everything you said is on point! exactly how I feel. I just remember in 2003 to 2007 me and my like 4 of my friends were buying weed all the time like we never did not have weed. We would smoke every day I was getting an Oz of Compressed weed but it was FIRE af! for $100 it tasted and smoked like just regular weed but boy that shit got us all high af. That's usually what was common those days we did it a ton. But we would also get Nice mids and top tier strains like GDP, Kush, AK47 but those were rear honestly at that time.

We smoked so much man from not 1 day we didn't smoke and never not 1 time did I smoke and say this doesn't get me high and neither did my friends. This went on from 2003 to like 2007. Same for NC several times had some very good weed but in NC it was mostly exotics. Purple Urkle, Cat Piss, Blue Dream, Super lemon haze but the thing was those were 100% true to genetics and boy SUPER SUPER potent. Like I had a Quarter of Super Lemon Haze and it was so dank but so overpowering in SATIVA effects that it gave me terrible anxiety and I ended up selling it to a friend. That was in NC like 2014. I also got amazing mids in 2008-09 in NC remember the ones they would sell in Tiny Zip lock bags? Dubs Dimes? quarters? Those were fire weed! honestly miss it. Would get so high.

Then I stopped smoking weed from 2015 up to 2019 and started again October 2019. And ever since all the weed I've gotten since October 2019 has NEVER Gotten me high. Ended up losing the connect with my friend who had all those authentic genetic strains so all I wes getting in NC was garbage since 2019. Now I am in VA and I have bought at least 5oz mix and match in total and everything I have gotten has ZERO absolute effects. Like you said I might feel calm and relax sure I feel that much but not high at all. I freaking hate it because I remember clearly how good it feels to really be high on THC but I gave up trying I am just gonna try to get some seeds, not that garbage is going around in VA probably export them if I have to and just grow my own

Everything you said is on point! exactly how I feel. I just remember in 2003 to 2007 me and my like 4 of my friends were buying weed all the time like we never did not have weed. We would smoke every day I was getting an Oz of Compressed weed but it was FIRE af! for $100 it tasted and smoked like just regular weed but boy that shit got us all high af. That's usually what was common those days we did it a ton. But we would also get Nice mids and top tier strains like GDP, Kush, AK47 but those were rear honestly at that time.

We smoked so much man from not 1 day we didn't smoke and never not 1 time did I smoke and say this doesn't get me high and neither did my friends. This went on from 2003 to like 2007. Same for NC several times had some very good weed but in NC it was mostly exotics. Purple Urkle, Cat Piss, Blue Dream, Super lemon haze but the thing was those were 100% true to genetics and boy SUPER SUPER potent. Like I had a Quarter of Super Lemon Haze and it was so dank but so overpowering in SATIVA effects that it gave me terrible anxiety and I ended up selling it to a friend. That was in NC like 2014. I also got amazing mids in 2008-09 in NC remember the ones they would sell in Tiny Zip lock bags? Dubs Dimes? quarters? Those were fire weed! honestly miss it. Would get so high.

Then I stopped smoking weed from 2015 up to 2019 and started again October 2019. And ever since all the weed I've gotten since October 2019 has NEVER Gotten me high. Ended up losing the connect with my friend who had all those authentic genetic strains so all I wes getting in NC was garbage since 2019. Now I am in VA and I have bought at least 5oz mix and match in total and everything I have gotten has ZERO absolute effects. Like you said I might feel calm and relax sure I feel that much but not high at all. I freaking hate it because I remember clearly how good it feels to really be high on THC but I gave up trying I am just gonna try to get some seeds, not that garbage is going around in VA probably export them if I have to and just grow my own

You don’t really even need to find some super duper strain or some thousand dollar seeds.. just find a good plant you like to grow and you’ll be able to hone it in to your tastes.

Man I remember all that young buck stuff lol.. I attribute a lot of that to youth.. It’s easy to get high when your brain is still young and healthy and you’re not jaded af from a life time of crap yet and you’ve still got hope 😂 as a grown ass adult though, I’m jaded, my brain is fully formed, has been through a lot, and knows what a real high can really feel like.

There’s also the peer placebo effect.. if one person says they’re high it’s easy for a young mind to believe they’re high as well even if it isn’t true. It’s an adaptation so we fit in with the group and they don’t kill us. However as you age you become far less susceptible to your environment and gain an independence. It’s beneficial but also comes with drawbacks, like needing to actually get high to feel high. Similar to how you can no longer be convinced of something stupid just because someone says it, you need to figure it for yourself to really believe it.

You’ll be very happy with your own product and it will make you feel like you did once upon a time. I can guarantee that. I thought my best stoned days were behind me until I got here.

Back
Top Bottom