Honest question: What happened to weed we had in USA from 2001 to 2008?

I get too high off my weed sometimes. Haven't needed to reset my tolerance in more than 2 years.

Sounds like VA sucks for flower. They probably sell wax. If you can't get high off of wax, then you simply can't get high.
😂 I never thought I’d feel that way and then I did (it was like getting smacked in the face with a hammer of weed).. If it’s not my smoke I just don’t smoke, it’s not worth it in my eyes any more. I’ve tasted and felt true quality and can’t go back

How about edibles, I think edibles have improved over the past 10 years.

Edibles are so hit and miss for me.. I’ve consumed 1000mg on an empty stomach and felt nothing. I’ve also consumed 500 mg on an empty stomach and felt like I took a benzo my old lady has never once gotten high off any edible, RSO, nothing. She’s a monster

i've often told folk the stuff the dispensaries sell reminds me a lot of weed

In the very beginning of medical in Michigan the dispensaries were okay.. they weren’t amazing but they definitely were much better than the crap I see now. The dispensary is more of an experience than anything else. It’s cool to see it once but that’s about it

In the very beginning of medical in Michigan the dispensaries were okay.. they weren’t amazing but they definitely were much better than the crap I see now. The dispensary is more of an experience than anything else. It’s cool to see it once but that’s about it

the product was definitely better here when we had grey market dispensaries. however supply was splotchy at best, and there were limited options.

the legal market has piles and piles of offerings, but the offerings suffer from industrialized production and processing. most of the quality is lost in the cure and processing. a lot of flower is stored too long and improperly before sale as well.

the product was definitely better here when we had grey market dispensaries. however supply was splotchy at best, and there were limited options.

Yep, we noticed that right off the bat. In the beginning we tried to keep track of which strains we liked until we realized you could buy the same name twice and not get the same product. You could still hit on a gem here and there but it quickly quickly devolved into crap.

the legal market has piles and piles of offerings, but the offerings suffer from industrialized production and processing. most of the quality is lost in the cure and processing. a lot of flower is stored too long and improperly before sale as well.

I view it just like vegetables and fruits, and I’m just waiting for the “organic” nonsense to really take hold as well. The tomato’s you buy in a store look like tomato’s but they sure don’t taste anything like what is grown in the backyard. The same goes for almost every single fruit and vegetable you buy from the store.

Even at the fruit markets we have, the produce is better, but it still pales in comparison to growing your own. It’s unfortunate that so many people will never experience the true tastes and flavors that are out there, and the same goes for cannabis.

times are a changing no doubt and once there was a time when homegrown was a dirty word, really dirty, not so anymore.

I’d say the majority of growers here engage in practice known as bud washing… yup that’s right.… we dunka de buds in de water… right after chop. Then hang for 4 hours to drip dry then process as normal.

Ditto everyone above - it will be the best nugs you ever smoked. Nope water doesn’t harm your buds or knock off the trichomes as long as you complete the dry & cure stages. You would be amazed to see how a clean bucket of water turns real nasty after your first wash. Most do 3 bucket deal- first bucket is wash next 2 are for rinse.

anywho dispensary bud will never touch what we do…

imho for edibles to be effective you need lots of water and meal or fatty snack before hand. once you take edible you should avoid eating… ride the wave! for me there big difference between gummies & cookies or other edible foods.

also oral uptake helps, have your meal or fatty snack first, then brush your teeth, rinse, rehydrate. Now take your gummy but do not chew or swallow, melt it under the tongue. The idea is to absorb into blood vessels under tongue. Keep holding it but don’t swallow and then after 5 or 10 minutes of oral soak time you can swallow the meds… Don’t drink for next 15 - 20 minutes. Hopefully cotton mouth will kick in and so will the meds…

dispensary bud is like hitting drive thru at MickeyD’s you know beforehand it’s a plastic burger on cardboard bun, it’s a quickie cuz you got no other choice but it’s never ever gonna have that backyard sizzle.

when you put dispensary bud in grinder it disintegrates to dust where as real bud just gums up the grinder

I’d say the majority of growers here engage in practice known as bud washing… yup that’s right.… we dunka de buds in de water… right after chop. Then hang for 4 hours to drip dry then process as normal.

actually, i think the majority don't. it is good practice, especially outdoor in urban environs.

full disclosure : i don't care on my indoor lol :p

Ditto everyone above - it will be the best nugs you ever smoked. Nope water doesn’t harm your buds or knock off the trichomes as long as you complete the dry & cure stages. You would be amazed to see how a clean bucket of water turns real nasty after your first wash. Most do 3 bucket deal- first bucket is wash next 2 are for rinse.

i think @InTheShed has a good explanation and thread on three bucket method.

anywho dispensary bud will never touch what we do…

once sorted most self growers tend to stay that way.

when you put dispensary bud in grinder it disintegrates to dust where as real bud just gums up the grinder

overly dry and improperly cured and handled bud will always turn to dust. decent bud at the right cure and rh% shouldn't just turn to gum. you may want to let the bud sit for a couple minutes in the open before grinding.

i use a coffee grinder to break up my bud for smoking at home. over time the build up is insane lol.
you can harvest to make a low grade hash as is or sift further. i never bother as it always works pretty good as is

Im in an unfriendly state, and theres no dispensaries for 100s of miles. I see the same complaint over and over, for years that dispensary weed is a let down, and that the black market weed in legal states blows dispensary weed away.

Also. I spent 12 years with the feds for marijuana cultivation. 97-2009. 1250 clone indoor operation. Partner ratted me out when he got caught with 500 clones I gave him to put on his 2000 acre farm. 1997-2009. I can verify most of the weed nowdays isnt as good as it was in the 80s- 90s- mid 2000s. There are exceptions. I spent 7 years behind the fence, and 5 years supervised release. Though I got popped again for cultivation, and went back 3 more years. Another partner ratted me out when he got into trouble. I spent originally from 97-2001. Got out until 2006 and got it again, and went back 3 more years to serve out. But I didnt smoke any while I was out, though I was growing. Another good buddy was my weed tester. He smoked everything I grew, and rated it.
And there are places where you can still get really good seeds from 80s, and 90s genetics. You just have to know here to look for them.
Someone also stated there was no weed 20 years ago that tested 20%?? Wrong. AK47 in the early- mid 90s tested in at 22%. And dont be fooled by high testing THC claims. Theres more to it than just THC.
IMHO thats one of the things wrong with modern weed, in that they have bred for high THC rates, at the expense of other chemicals. Ive smoked plenty of weed that has tested at 20%, that was stronger than weed that has tested 30%, and the 20% was better by a longshot.

And dont be fooled into believing that some of the weed in the late 60s, and early 70s wasnt as good as what is available today. Thats total horseshit. What makes todays weed really good, when you can find it, is that it has been bred to do well under lights for generations, thus making good weed more accessible to most people.

Im in Ky, and we have always been known for having really good weed, and Ky is also in the top tier of marijuana production. You just dont want to get caught here, because they will fry you. Ask me how I know.

While Im not growing at the moment, Ive got 2 buddies that have been growing nonstop since the late 70s. We all 3 used to do projects together. Both buddies have extensive mother plants that go as far back as the late 90s. AK47 included.
Right now I buy seeds that I think will have keepers in the packs, along with getting really had to find genetics to go into the refrigerator for long term storage. and I also buy them lights, and help with half of the electric bill, and I get access to all they weed they dont smoke, and while I dont want to incriminate myself to much, let me just say I have access to all of the eed they dont smoke. And they dont smoke much. maybe an oz a minth, and they usually harvest 3-4lbs each every 60-77 days, epending on the strains theyre running. One strain they have, a 2005 Willie Nelson mother, takes 105 days to finish. Also both people have the same strains, and Males so if one person would lose a mother/father, they have a backup from the other person.
They have pre 2000 AK47. NL5, Sk #1, AK47 x NL5. Afghan #1. Super Silver Haze
I bought a cut of Verified Chem91skva 4 years ago. Willie Nelson, 2010 Super Silver Haze. Dominion Seed company Local Skunk, Granny Skunk, Dominion Skunk. And have grown countless seeds from AKBeanBrains, Dominion Seed company. Authentic Genetics. Katsu Seeds. Mr Nice.

Also forget about trying to find pure mexican. If you do, most of it wont finish before the killing frost, unless you have a greenhouse. The Willie Nelson we have wont finish until Mid November outside. Its a cross of Vietnam Black, and Highland Nepali. Inside its best to start it on 12/12 as it gets HUGE.

But if you want som really goos seeds look into.

AKBeanBrains for 80s, and 90s genetics. He has the original NL5 x Haze, NL1, NL5, Black Domina, Sensi Star F4, Williams Wonder, Original Durban Poison, and a bunch of others. And many Hybrids. Most of his genetics come from Sensi Seeds from the early 90s, which are genetics straight from Nevil Shoenmaker when he sold The Seed Bank Genetics in 1991 to Ben Donkers. And the Super Sativa Seed Club from the 80s.

You can contact Dave and ask for a complete seed list. I myself would rather deal directly from Dave, as he has many more strains than what the seed vendors sell, and he gives way more free seeds.
Dave-AKBeanBrains also will ship Internationally.

And right now if you wants some kick ass Pure Indica from Nevils original 80s Hashplant genetics. Look into Crickets, and Cicada Puck BC3. Its a refined version of Nevils Hashplant.

Puck, is also known as Skelly Hashplant, and is clone only from 1988. Puck was found from Nevils Genecs of what he called Hashplant from hi Seed Bank. You wont find a better pure Indica than this. The Puck, and its mother, Pacific Northwest hashplant, which has been alive since the early 80s, are the 2 most sought after of all the Hashplant cuts. Nevils Hashplant was a cross of clone only Pacific Northwest Hashplant x NL1. He got a Male from that cross, and then backcrossed it to the PNWHP mother. He called this cross Hashplant, and Puck was a pheno found from his seeds by a guy named Skelly. Many feel Puck is the original Mother of Chem91skva.
The pure Puck BC3 are available at Seeds Here Now, as well as some crosses using the Puck BC2 Male.

When these first dropped at 4-5 different seed vendors, they sold out in a matter of minutes, and the demand was so sttrong, it made the servers crash. There have been a couple more restocks, and in many places are sold out, or dont have all the original drops. The Shoreline x Puck BC2 are sold out everywhere. I bought 2 packs of every variety. But I mainly wanted the Puck BC3. Skunk x Puck BC2, and the Shoreline x Puck BC2. But he also has it crossed to 2 different cuts of 90s Sensi Star, and pre 98 Bubba Kush.

Authentic Genetics also has the Original 1988 Skunk #1 that came straight from Mel Frank, and has only been bred 2x since 1988, so it hasnt had the shit bred out of it, and is still fresh.

Also the Hemp Depot in Canada has Pre 2000 AK47 Genetics from Joey Weed.

Also from what I understand Sensi Seeds lost a bunch of their original mother plants from Nevil in the 2000s, and had to make new selections, and arent nearly as good. Serious Seeds AK47 also isnt as good as it used to be either. T^he pre 2000 AK47 is some killer shit, and not recommended for people who dont smoke much, and even the AK47 after 2000 is some killer shit, even if its not quite as potent as the pre 2000 stuff, its still some of the best Sativa buzz you will find. If you grow it inside, you can smell it down the street. Its extremely stinky. It smells like floral catpiss. I had a 1/4lb in my refrigerator, and you could smell it out into the street. And it was double ziploc bagged, and in the crisper. My wife is from the Philippines, and doesnt smoke. When I first got out of federal prison, my buddy had some of the post 2000 AK47, and gave me a 1/4 lb to get rid of. It was the stuff I said reeked so bad. My wife said it smelled like the pee of a cat, and could I do something about the smell, because it was making her gag. So I got 6 large boxes of baking soda, and put it in the fridge, and in the crisper, and also put the weed in tupperware in the crisper, and it killed the smell. But you have to watch about this stuff. It will get you busted if youre in an unfriendly state.

Also another killer sativa Hybrid is Katsu Seeds Sour Diesel IBL. It also produces huge yields, as does the double Does diesel, but its sold out, and wont be available again for 3 months. But the Katsu Sour Diesel IBL is one to look for, for a sativa dominant plant. It will go 70-77 days.

Ive also been growing weed since 1972, and under lights since they came out in 77-78. Ive been smoking since 1967. My older sisters boy friend used to get be a buzz when I was 8 years old. He was 14. Hes still one of my best friends. He lives in Korea, and is married to a Korean lady, and is a retired teacher. He taught English as a second language to foreigners. He has a PHD.

But consider I went from 97-2009 and didnt smoke weed. And none of the weed of nowdays is as good as the stuff from the 80s-90 and the mid 2000s. It seems to have started to go downhill in the mid-late 2000s. I was also a Moderator for Claude at Serious Seeds when he first started his forum.

The first weed I smoked when I got out in 2009 was post 2000 AK47, and it got me as paranoid as a motherfucker. I smoked 1/2 a big joint by myself, and it was way to much.

I was watching CNN on my buddies TV, smoking the joint, when they went to a story about intake at the LA County Jail, and how it held over 10,000 inmates. It showed a guy that had just been busted, and went through the whole process. It brought all the anxiety, and paranoia I had when I first got busted. Also consider, I had just gotten released from the feds that day. I had to be in a halfway house for 3 months, and 3 months home incarceration, and also work a job. But that day I was released from all custody. Free for the first time since 1997. 12 years. Nobody looking over my shoulder. I went to my buddies, and smoked the joint, and it was way way way to much. 1-2 hits is all I should have taken.

But out of all the seeds Ive bought, and grown since 2009. Ive yet to find anything that is the equal of this stuff, and the pre2000 is even better.

The strain I got busted with in 97, I had been growing since 1991. It was a cross of NL5 x Haze x Nevils hashlant x Skunk1. It was the best shit Ive ever seen especially for indoors It was done is 7 weeks, and was the best stuff id seen since the early 70s. The only stuff that was the equal to it was some 1972 Santa Marta Green Sensimillia. It was the first Sensi I had ever seen. My older sisters boyfriends friend worked for a shipping company, and went to Columbia every 3 months, and he would bring at least 50lbs back at a time. This shit was the best of the best.. I never saw bad weed in the 70s. Also the best of it would have you coughing your brains out. Expando weed.
Also one reason I was so interested in the Crickets and Cicada gear was the Skunk x Hashplant is the same basic genetics that my original NL5 x Haze x HP x Sk1 had. And it was the best of the best of any of it. I grew i about 7 years, and never got burned out on it. No tolerance buildup, and I was as happy as a kid in a candy shop every harvest. I would also make you cough your brains out. No way youre holding in a good hit of it. It also wasnt safe to drive. It would make you lose your vision for several seconds. It was so strong I dtill have a girl mad at me, because she says I put PCP in it. She was sick for 4 hours gagging, and dry heaving. She laid by the toilet for 4 hours. She hates me. It also had a really strong catpiss floral smell, but the taste was of the finest hash. It was pure floral, and hash. Super expando weed. If I could get that stuff back, I would have no interest in any other weed. My seed buying days would be over.

The dispensaries on the east coast are starting to sell more and more shit.
But that's not only there.
I live between Illinois - Cali and OR.

What I see in Illinois since they legalized weed got real shitty unless you pay top dollar and even then you aren't sure if you will get a descent flower.

In Cali weed was always expensive so if you know the better smaller farms ( I am not talking big corporations like Cookies) you can end up with a pretty good flower (If you go to Cali I reccomend you to try Ridgeline Farms or Country Club Cannabis).

And for Oregon, it is the only state that still sells good flower no matter the brand or price.

I think that the whole idea why they sell shitty products in the bigger cities is because most of the people that live there don't know what a good flower looks like/smells like. And the customer base is much bigger than a small rural place in OR or Cali. You definitely don't want to loose your customers by providing them with shitty flower. That's why they put the best flower they can in their jars. And the corporations depend on their big name.

And for the big corporations - they only care about profit. The bigger and best looking and smelling buds don't even make it to the dry room. They use them to make rosin. I can give you an example - the concentrate department at Jungle Boys (and I really like all their products) would go into the flower room a few days before the harvest or at the day at the harvest, and they will chop off all the good looking buds and turn them into rosin. Then the actual harvest starts and what we get at the dispensary sold as A bud is actually a B bud. But the profits from the oils are much bigger so why selling a big nice beautiful bud for X amount of money when you can press it and sell it for more money. Nowadays people prefer to buy from the big corporation just because everyone knows them and they are all over the billboards. And then when they get shitty weed for a lot of money they think "I had a bad luck, next batch will be better".
I live in Chicago and all my friends who don’t grow go to Michigan. The taxes are outrageous in IL. and it’s better +cheaper in Mi. CL🍀

I live in Chicago and all my friends who don’t grow go to Michigan. The taxes are outrageous in IL. and it’s better +cheaper in Mi. CL🍀
About 9 years ago a buddy brought some dispensary weed from Michigan to Ky. I will say out of all the dispensary weed Ive smoked the weed from Michigan was the best. I dont know the strain. I do know it was really good weed. I dont know the situation now, but then the weed he brought back was very good weed. My buddy lives in Michigan, and was visiting. He is originally from Ky.

Im in an unfriendly state, and theres no dispensaries for 100s of miles. I see the same complaint over and over, for years that dispensary weed is a let down, and that the black market weed in legal states blows dispensary weed away.

Also. I spent 12 years with the feds for marijuana cultivation. 97-2009. 1250 clone indoor operation. Partner ratted me out when he got caught with 500 clones I gave him to put on his 2000 acre farm. 1997-2009. I can verify most of the weed nowdays isnt as good as it was in the 80s- 90s- mid 2000s. There are exceptions. I spent 7 years behind the fence, and 5 years supervised release. Though I got popped again for cultivation, and went back 3 more years. Another partner ratted me out when he got into trouble. I spent originally from 97-2001. Got out until 2006 and got it again, and went back 3 more years to serve out. But I didnt smoke any while I was out, though I was growing. Another good buddy was my weed tester. He smoked everything I grew, and rated it.
And there are places where you can still get really good seeds from 80s, and 90s genetics. You just have to know here to look for them.
Someone also stated there was no weed 20 years ago that tested 20%?? Wrong. AK47 in the early- mid 90s tested in at 22%. And dont be fooled by high testing THC claims. Theres more to it than just THC.
IMHO thats one of the things wrong with modern weed, in that they have bred for high THC rates, at the expense of other chemicals. Ive smoked plenty of weed that has tested at 20%, that was stronger than weed that has tested 30%, and the 20% was better by a longshot.

And dont be fooled into believing that some of the weed in the late 60s, and early 70s wasnt as good as what is available today. Thats total horseshit. What makes todays weed really good, when you can find it, is that it has been bred to do well under lights for generations, thus making good weed more accessible to most people.

Im in Ky, and we have always been known for having really good weed, and Ky is also in the top tier of marijuana production. You just dont want to get caught here, because they will fry you. Ask me how I know.

While Im not growing at the moment, Ive got 2 buddies that have been growing nonstop since the late 70s. We all 3 used to do projects together. Both buddies have extensive mother plants that go as far back as the late 90s. AK47 included.
Right now I buy seeds that I think will have keepers in the packs, along with getting really had to find genetics to go into the refrigerator for long term storage. and I also buy them lights, and help with half of the electric bill, and I get access to all they weed they dont smoke, and while I dont want to incriminate myself to much, let me just say I have access to all of the eed they dont smoke. And they dont smoke much. maybe an oz a minth, and they usually harvest 3-4lbs each every 60-77 days, epending on the strains theyre running. One strain they have, a 2005 Willie Nelson mother, takes 105 days to finish. Also both people have the same strains, and Males so if one person would lose a mother/father, they have a backup from the other person.
They have pre 2000 AK47. NL5, Sk #1, AK47 x NL5. Afghan #1. Super Silver Haze
I bought a cut of Verified Chem91skva 4 years ago. Willie Nelson, 2010 Super Silver Haze. Dominion Seed company Local Skunk, Granny Skunk, Dominion Skunk. And have grown countless seeds from AKBeanBrains, Dominion Seed company. Authentic Genetics. Katsu Seeds. Mr Nice.

Also forget about trying to find pure mexican. If you do, most of it wont finish before the killing frost, unless you have a greenhouse. The Willie Nelson we have wont finish until Mid November outside. Its a cross of Vietnam Black, and Highland Nepali. Inside its best to start it on 12/12 as it gets HUGE.

But if you want som really goos seeds look into.

AKBeanBrains for 80s, and 90s genetics. He has the original NL5 x Haze, NL1, NL5, Black Domina, Sensi Star F4, Williams Wonder, Original Durban Poison, and a bunch of others. And many Hybrids. Most of his genetics come from Sensi Seeds from the early 90s, which are genetics straight from Nevil Shoenmaker when he sold The Seed Bank Genetics in 1991 to Ben Donkers. And the Super Sativa Seed Club from the 80s.

You can contact Dave and ask for a complete seed list. I myself would rather deal directly from Dave, as he has many more strains than what the seed vendors sell, and he gives way more free seeds.
Dave-AKBeanBrains also will ship Internationally.

And right now if you wants some kick ass Pure Indica from Nevils original 80s Hashplant genetics. Look into Crickets, and Cicada Puck BC3. Its a refined version of Nevils Hashplant.

Puck, is also known as Skelly Hashplant, and is clone only from 1988. Puck was found from Nevils Genecs of what he called Hashplant from hi Seed Bank. You wont find a better pure Indica than this. The Puck, and its mother, Pacific Northwest hashplant, which has been alive since the early 80s, are the 2 most sought after of all the Hashplant cuts. Nevils Hashplant was a cross of clone only Pacific Northwest Hashplant x NL1. He got a Male from that cross, and then backcrossed it to the PNWHP mother. He called this cross Hashplant, and Puck was a pheno found from his seeds by a guy named Skelly. Many feel Puck is the original Mother of Chem91skva.
The pure Puck BC3 are available at Seeds Here Now, as well as some crosses using the Puck BC2 Male.

When these first dropped at 4-5 different seed vendors, they sold out in a matter of minutes, and the demand was so sttrong, it made the servers crash. There have been a couple more restocks, and in many places are sold out, or dont have all the original drops. The Shoreline x Puck BC2 are sold out everywhere. I bought 2 packs of every variety. But I mainly wanted the Puck BC3. Skunk x Puck BC2, and the Shoreline x Puck BC2. But he also has it crossed to 2 different cuts of 90s Sensi Star, and pre 98 Bubba Kush.

Authentic Genetics also has the Original 1988 Skunk #1 that came straight from Mel Frank, and has only been bred 2x since 1988, so it hasnt had the shit bred out of it, and is still fresh.

Also the Hemp Depot in Canada has Pre 2000 AK47 Genetics from Joey Weed.

Also from what I understand Sensi Seeds lost a bunch of their original mother plants from Nevil in the 2000s, and had to make new selections, and arent nearly as good. Serious Seeds AK47 also isnt as good as it used to be either. T^he pre 2000 AK47 is some killer shit, and not recommended for people who dont smoke much, and even the AK47 after 2000 is some killer shit, even if its not quite as potent as the pre 2000 stuff, its still some of the best Sativa buzz you will find. If you grow it inside, you can smell it down the street. Its extremely stinky. It smells like floral catpiss. I had a 1/4lb in my refrigerator, and you could smell it out into the street. And it was double ziploc bagged, and in the crisper. My wife is from the Philippines, and doesnt smoke. When I first got out of federal prison, my buddy had some of the post 2000 AK47, and gave me a 1/4 lb to get rid of. It was the stuff I said reeked so bad. My wife said it smelled like the pee of a cat, and could I do something about the smell, because it was making her gag. So I got 6 large boxes of baking soda, and put it in the fridge, and in the crisper, and also put the weed in tupperware in the crisper, and it killed the smell. But you have to watch about this stuff. It will get you busted if youre in an unfriendly state.

Also another killer sativa Hybrid is Katsu Seeds Sour Diesel IBL. It also produces huge yields, as does the double Does diesel, but its sold out, and wont be available again for 3 months. But the Katsu Sour Diesel IBL is one to look for, for a sativa dominant plant. It will go 70-77 days.

Ive also been growing weed since 1972, and under lights since they came out in 77-78. Ive been smoking since 1967. My older sisters boy friend used to get be a buzz when I was 8 years old. He was 14. Hes still one of my best friends. He lives in Korea, and is married to a Korean lady, and is a retired teacher. He taught English as a second language to foreigners. He has a PHD.

But consider I went from 97-2009 and didnt smoke weed. And none of the weed of nowdays is as good as the stuff from the 80s-90 and the mid 2000s. It seems to have started to go downhill in the mid-late 2000s. I was also a Moderator for Claude at Serious Seeds when he first started his forum.

The first weed I smoked when I got out in 2009 was post 2000 AK47, and it got me as paranoid as a motherfucker. I smoked 1/2 a big joint by myself, and it was way to much.

I was watching CNN on my buddies TV, smoking the joint, when they went to a story about intake at the LA County Jail, and how it held over 10,000 inmates. It brought all the anxiety, and paranoia I had when I first got busted. Also consider, I had just gotten released from the feds that day. I had to be in a halfway house for 3 months, and 3 months home incarceration, and also work a job. But that day I was released from all custody. Free for the first time since 1997. 12 years. Nobody looking over my shoulder. I went to my buddies, and smoked the joint, and it was way way way to much. 1-2 hits is all I should have taken.

But out of all the seeds Ive bought, and grown since 2009. Ive yet to find anything that is the equal of this stuff, and the pre2000 is even better.

The strain I got busted with in 97, I had been growing since 1991. It was a cross of NL5 x Haze x Nevils hashlant x Skunk1. It was the best shit Ive ever seen especially for indoors It was done is 7 weeks, and was the best stuff id seen since the early 70s. The only stuff that was the equal to it was some 1972 Santa Marta Green Sinsemillia. It was the first Sensi I had ever seen. My older sisters boyfriends friend worked for a shipping company, and went to olumbia very 3 months, and he would bring at least 50lbs back at a time. This shit was the best of the best..
Man that's a really interesting post Jimi. I have just read thru the whole thread, I didn't mean to, but the topic gels with me and I have enjoyed reading lots of interesting posts too - thanks for the thoughts and memories folks!

Some of the weed I had in the 80's and 90's is what I wish I had now. Of course maybe when comparing my experiences back then I didn't get to smoke all the time, so maybe that was a factor. But nah, even so those remembered smokes had that 'quality' to it. These days I have stopped smoking, and vape instead during the day (I'm retired), at night I take some decarbed bud and sleep right thru the night. So I guess I am getting stoned all day every day. I'd like to think that it is probably very good for quashing out cancers too, so I always figure there is that as an added benefit that it is doing me good too, hope so!

I think a lot of weed that was around in my early days which was very late 70's/80's. I had some wonderful landrace Thai, but the toss up would have either been a landrace Nepalese weed or Columbian Gold which was the first and only time I have bought weed that was both golden in colour and semi dry crumbly compressed flat, it was very odd at the time, but oh do I wish I'd bought a pound of it, it was truly excellent.

You are quite right, as I think many would agree, that there is far far more things to cannabis than only THC. The whole entourage effect and all that. Some bud I had going back over 4 decades was fantastic smoking stuff, but I think much of it was butchered by poor harvest timing, or less gardening help save for the odd magazine. Thank god for the internet eh!

Anyway, I been enjoying reading this, but late now. Will come back. :ganjamon:

Man that's a really interesting post Jimi. I have just read thru the whole thread, I didn't mean to, but the topic gels with me and I have enjoyed reading lots of interesting posts too - thanks for the thoughts and memories folks!

Some of the weed I had in the 80's and 90's is what I wish I had now. Of course maybe when comparing my experiences back then I didn't get to smoke all the time, so maybe that was a factor. But nah, even so those remembered smokes had that 'quality' to it. These days I have stopped smoking, and vape instead during the day (I'm retired), at night I take some decarbed bud and sleep right thru the night. So I guess I am getting stoned all day every day. I'd like to think that it is probably very good for quashing out cancers too, so I always figure there is that as an added benefit that it is doing me good too, hope so!

I think a lot of weed that was around in my early days which was very late 70's/80's. I had some wonderful landrace Thai, but the toss up would have either been a landrace Nepalese weed or Columbian Gold which was the first and only time I have bought weed that was both golden in colour and semi dry crumbly compressed flat, it was very odd at the time, but oh do I wish I'd bought a pound of it, it was truly excellent.

You are quite right, as I think many would agree, that there is far far more things to cannabis than only THC. The whole entourage effect and all that. Some bud I had going back over 4 decades was fantastic smoking stuff, but I think much of it was butchered by poor harvest timing, or less gardening help save for the odd magazine. Thank god for the internet eh!

Anyway, I been enjoying reading this, but late now. Will come back. :ganjamon:
I think the best I ever had was either Thai stick or I had a friend in the Navy who brought back some Hawaiian. He said it was 300oz. back when we were paying 40oz. for supposed Colombian. Pin joint between a carload had us all laughing like crazy. I would kill for some of that now. CL🍀

Good Morning!

I agree with the consensus here: grow your own. My husband and I are geezers and my first experience with marijuana was last year. The husband remembers the old days and the old weed and says it is just not as enjoyable as it used to be. He gets high, just doesn't like it as well.

We started growing marijuana because some young relatives made it sound like so much fun...and it was! We are mainly interested in the medicinal aspect 'cause...you know...geezers. But the plant is a blast to grow! And simple, especially outside. Looking forward to this summer.

Someone mentioned AK-47. We grew some of that. Right now my husband is using it to deal with a pinched nerve in his neck. It zapped the pain all right, and nailed him to the recliner for most of the day. I would say it got him high. I know the stuff gets me high, but I'm a newbie.

The price of dispensary marijuana just blows my mind! For that price you can get 10 or more seeds from most suppliers and most of them will grow. Can we mention seed suppliers here? No need to put up with a crappy retail product when your own will be better.

Do it. Enjoy :)

Someone also stated there was no weed 20 years ago that tested 20%?? Wrong. AK47 in the early- mid 90s tested in at 22%.

ak47, skunk, and white widow are all plants that tested higher than 20% in the 90's. i grew them all back then and they were mostly exceptions.

And dont be fooled by high testing THC claims. Theres more to it than just THC.

of course there is. today there is not one strain at my local dispensary that tests less than 20%. if it was just about thc count this thread would bare no meaning at all.

ak47, skunk, and white widow are all plants that tested higher than 20% in the 90's. i grew them all back then and they were mostly exceptions.

of course there is. today there is not one strain at my local dispensary that tests less than 20%. if it was just about thc count this thread would bare no meaning at all.
Well my point of making this Thread was to say all the weed I get doesn't get me high since i Moved to VA. I bought like 5 oz and its all the same way. I have never bought "Bad" Weed. This is terrible. My only hope is to find some OG strains and grow them myself Might go for Blue Cheese or AK47 or Blue dream if I can find it.

Back
Top Bottom