How many plants is optimal in a 4x4 tent with 600 watt hps

Welcome :cheesygrinsmiley:

Personally, I'd do 5. You can do more or you can do less and get similar yields. Your space and light will be the limiting factors.

Fewer plants means a longer veg time if you want to train them to fill out the space. I'd rather grow a little quicker and turn the tent over an extra time each year. YMMV

:goodluck:

I would go with one.. LST it, super crop it, then throw her in the SCROG. You'll get more off the one plant then 3 or 4 smaller ones probably. You'll use less nutes which in-turn saves $. Plus one 600 watt hps will do amazing for just one plant. It will help the budz get big. Less defiantly can be more in the right hands ;)

Gonna be first real grow so right hands might not be accurate. Lol. Also still putting tent together. Would you recommend hps or led? Also what brand?

Gonna be first real grow so right hands might not be accurate. Lol. Also still putting tent together. Would you recommend hps or led? Also what brand?

lol, well that's why your here. This is the best community on the net to learn how to grow/cultivate marijuana. You do the leg work, and we will make sure you get to the end your first grow in style, so you can be ready for your second one with the "know how" ;) We have some of the finest cultivators in the world here on :420: and we are all eager to help.

My recommendation would be HPS. As for brand doesn't really matter. All the price tag dose is give you a longer life expectancy. Although gavita's and apollo horticulture bulbs are good. The list will go on. (Just google around ;) ) You can even purchase 600watt HPS bulbs online and at home depot for 20$ that gives the same specs as the 110$ ones, but doesn't have nearly as long of a life span. But still long enough to get through a few grows.

4x4 tent my buddy had one while ago.. I was always taught u should not waste bottom space (dirt)and u shouldn't waste top space near canopys...my buddy had 14 in 3 g pots top them 5 weeks old from seed.vegged 2 more weeks flipped them for 60 days hey got 30oz dry colas as big as my forearms ...use your space... last week of veg clean up bottom of plants for better air circ ..have 4 fans goin 2 shootin air through the plants the other 2 canopy and above ...have out?in air I believe pumpin more air in then air goin out is better biiger lights MORE AIR

i have a 4x4 with 6 right now, 2 short LST's in 2Gallons and 4 larger (26") in 4Gallon; in future i will go max 4 probably, unless i try a SOG at some point, but anywhere from 1-6 should be good, the fewer plants you grow the longer it will take for them to fill up the space in veg but the more you will yield from each plant.

so like kidgrow said, you could use one plant and save on nutes and seeds but veg it for a long time into a scrog with various training methods, or you could grow 4 and use the same methods but veg for 1/4 the time and get a comparable yield.

i'm going to aim to one day have just 1 big plant, but next time ill try and scrog 2-4 to maximize my canopy use.

I'm going to change my answer above. Since the OP is interested in yield only, I'd try 9 plants in 5 gal pots with a 12/12, no mercy grow. Hopefully that's 3-4 harvests per year (depending on strains) and 3-4 lbs. annually out of that 4'x4'.

I'm going to change my answer above. Since the OP is interested in yield only, I'd try 9 plants in 5 gal pots with a 12/12, no mercy grow. Hopefully that's 3-4 harvests per year (depending on strains) and 3-4 lbs. annually out of that 4'x4'.

:thumb:

Yep! DrZiggy blew the yield numbers away with his bloom-from-seed grows in small pots. I have a 4x4 with square 15" pots, and I can squeeze 9 in there, but you can't do it with round pots that big.

Biggest yield will be fastest bloom, in smaller pots, 3 gallons or less. The key is how much time it takes. :cheesygrinsmiley: You can get almost two harvests in the time it would take to grow up one big plant.

And 3-4 pounds annually out of a 4x4 is on the low side. My first year, under a 600 hps, I did 4.5 pounds from 6-7 plants in the room at a time. Ah ... but I'm perpetual, so that doesn't count 60+ days for the first veg. Still, 4 pounds is easy - even more from a bloom-from-seed grow.

Not to mention, with more plants you can run a wider variety of strains = more fun!

I would go with one.. LST it, super crop it, then throw her in the SCROG. You'll get more off the one plant then 3 or 4 smaller ones probably. You'll use less nutes which in-turn saves $. Plus one 600 watt hps will do amazing for just one plant. It will help the budz get big. Less defiantly can be more in the right hands ;)

Much more time though. I'm having same issues as OP. Trying to figure everything out. More plants less time. More time less plants. I'm limited in a state where it's illegal and not very much success with cloning so it all plays a factor. Ugh

:thumb:

Yep! DrZiggy blew the yield numbers away with his bloom-from-seed grows in small pots. I have a 4x4 with square 15" pots, and I can squeeze 9 in there, but you can't do it with round pots that big.

Biggest yield will be fastest bloom, in smaller pots, 3 gallons or less. The key is how much time it takes. :cheesygrinsmiley: You can get almost two harvests in the time it would take to grow up one big plant.

And 3-4 pounds annually out of a 4x4 is on the low side. My first year, under a 600 hps, I did 4.5 pounds from 6-7 plants in the room at a time. Ah ... but I'm perpetual, so that doesn't count 60+ days for the first veg. Still, 4 pounds is easy - even more from a bloom-from-seed grow.
Wow never heard of this method before!

60 days of vegg and atleast another 60 for flower...that's 120 days 4 months...60 days of veg is a waste of time ...I do 3 weeks of veg after transplant then flower so 21 days plus 60 81 day s I could basically get one extra harvest then who ever veggs for two months...the smaller they are the more you need topem once after 4-5 week from seed ...

Back
Top Bottom