How much light for my tent?

Doctor Trevor

I have a 2' x 4' x 5' tent. I currently have a 600W Phlizon light in it (full spectrum). I'm considering buying another light for the tent (a second one, not a replacement).

Are there any advantages/disadvantages to using a second light as opposed to replacing what I have with a single bigger light? And how big can I go with the tent I have?

When I had my previous plants, I replaced my 300W light with the 600W about halfway through. My current plants will be much bigger than the previous ones. Either way, I'd like to start with the better light than to switch over later on.

TIA.

I also have a 600W phlizon, I use it for early veg. The true wattage of the 1200W phlizon is 241W. Since your plants require around 35 to 50w per squared foot you should be ok in your 2x4 tent. Add another phlizon 600W and youll be pulling an extra 100W. Just be careful with your height. I used a screen in my tent and still had to take the top off the tent to gain height.

Sorry I missread your first post. I thought you were using the 1200 now. Yes I would recommend upgrading your wattage if all your using now is the 600w phlizon.

Your 600 watt Phlizon is actually 100 watt draw from the wall. You have 8 square feet of area. I would recommend 50 watts per square foot of actual draw = 400 watts

Actually, I looked at my light; it not Phlizon but Giixer. I think Phlizon was the make of my original light (I upgraded it to the Giixer.

I ordered another 600W this morning.

The 600 watt gliixer is only 70 watts actual draw... Good luck with that

That's what I've been using for this crop (two plants). My plants are bigger than the past crop (also two plants).

I'll let you know how much I harvest with the current plants.

The true power of Phlizon 600W led is 100w. It can only cover 2x2 area. You need 2 lights to cover 2x4 area. You can use one TSL2000 to cover 2x4 area, or use TS1000 with your 600w LED in your 2x4 tent.

Back
Top Bottom