How to buy seeds?

which country ?

it's not even technically legal here - canada. though no one cares anymore even if not shipped stealth.

in the US it's still illegal to traffic at the federal level. which means anything shipped through the postal service can be still be confiscated. state level laws are more relaxed, but postal services in both countries are under federal control and law.

for years we shipped everything by courier to circumvent the postal services. stuff was far more likely to get through. now it doesn't matter.
"The (US) Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) has recognised cannabis seeds as hemp as long as they don’t exceed the THC limit of 0.3% (which they don't). This clarification makes them legal under the 2018 Farm Bill and it means that seeds can be shipped legally to anywhere in the country, which opens up a wide range of possibilities for the spreading of the genetic diversity of cannabis across the nation’s markets."

This has been in effect since about April of 2022. But State laws could be more restrictive.

"The (US) Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) has recognised cannabis seeds as hemp as long as they don’t exceed the THC limit of 0.3% (which they don't). This clarification makes them legal under the 2018 Farm Bill and it means that seeds can be shipped legally to anywhere in the country,

holy crap .. i wonder if they had any idea if they knew what they were actually doing lol.
i'm sure they didn't even think of the end potential of the seed and equated it to a plant producing that level.

in canada we are technically supposed to purchase all our genetics through gov't approved sources ... which i've never found .. :rofl:

no one bothers and just gets seed through all the same seedbanks as everyone. pre-legal, there were a number of cdn suppliers that we got stuff from, as it was simply stealthier. now it's legal to even mail weed through the postal system, so no one is gonna care about the seeds lol :p

which opens up a wide range of possibilities for the spreading of the genetic diversity of cannabis across the nation’s markets."

no kidding .. i wonder if they have a limit on the number or amount of seed that can be mailed.

This has been in effect since about April of 2022. But State laws could be more restrictive.

for the most part it's stuff shipped from outside the country that will come under scrutiny. individual states just don't have the resources to go through it all.

most postal services move too much to really go through the internal mail. they will scan for patterns of shipping, or certain addresses, but would need a prompt from an outside agency / police.

holy crap .. i wonder if they had any idea if they knew what they were actually doing lol.
i'm sure they didn't even think of the end potential of the seed and equated it to a plant producing that level.
Apparently they didn't, then tried to bury it, but a cannabis lawyer caught it and made them clarify it, ended up being to the growers benefit!

no kidding .. i wonder if they have a limit on the number or amount of seed that can be mailed.
Now, as far as I can determine, there is no limit, as long as the THC level is less than 0.3%, (seeds are lower than that), it is considered hemp. Which is what was covered under the Farm Bill.

Now, although it hasn't happened to my knowledge, some states are very restictive about bringing agricultural products into their respective states, and could try and restrict entry of seeds into the states. I know CA. is very restrictive on fruits/vegetables, you can't bring any home grown fruits or vegetables into the state from another state, there are even check stations on the highways entering CA. I even saw a guy trying to bring a load of firewood into CA from Oregon, they wouldn't allow it in, they made him unload it at the check station.

Apparently they didn't, then tried to bury it,

both hilarious and entirely believable.

a cannabis lawyer caught it and made them clarify it, ended up being to the growers benefit!

Now, as far as I can determine, there is no limit, as long as the THC level is less than 0.3%, (seeds are lower than that), it is considered hemp. Which is what was covered under the Farm Bill.

and a mini industry created for lawyers on both sides while the gov't tries to get a handle.

i'm sure a lot of weed seed hopefuls started filling the loophole as fast as possible. i'd still be careful and operate the same as always though from my end.

Now, although it hasn't happened to my knowledge, some states are very restictive about bringing agricultural products into their respective states, and could try and restrict entry of seeds into the states. I know CA. is very restrictive on fruits/vegetables, you can't bring any home grown fruits or vegetables into the state from another state, there are even check stations on the highways entering CA. I even saw a guy trying to bring a load of firewood into CA from Oregon, they wouldn't allow it in, they made him unload it at the check station.

there's always a snag or catch 22 they can find.

i stand corrected. it looks like they are back.

edit : i've bought from at least 2 suppliers that are no longer here. i may have confused them for one.
Ok @Weed Seeds Express are definitely on sponsor page now. I looked this morning and did not see them listed. They also ship fast and have quality seeds...

They just hit me back. Gave tracking number. It states delivery made. Im only person to collect mail, no such package. Anxiety much.
My experience is that seed sellers use U.S. post, and put them in small envelopes. Sometimes stealth will be a small box – last one sent to me was a kid's puzzle. Did yours come to a PO box? Anyway, I hope you work it out. Fyi, my favorite sponsor for seeds is True North. I didn't have a 100% good experience with Coffee Shop.

worst case scenario is they were confiscated. unless you were shipping hundreds of seeds at a time no one in law would be interested. used to happen here all the time pre-legal. sometimes they would send a notice of package seizure as a scare tactic, but that was it.

at present you can claim you had no idea, if you inquire about it they'll know for sure though. your choices are to accept the loss and move on, or hang tight and see.

some seed banks will compensate and re-send if you paid for stealth shipping and the like.
Yeah a lot of them are insured too but I think you pay xtra for it. CL🍀

I’ve only dealt with two in my state of Michigan. Don’t have disposable income to lose an order from UK and the like.
The one I used in Michigan didn’t take credit cards and I had to mail them a money order. Then they mixed up my order which screwed me up even worse. I ordered them in 4/22 it was 6/22 before I got my order. Never again! I got my order from @Herbies Seeds in 2 days. CL🍀

Are there any seed companies that take credit cards. I don't have bit coin or Zell or all that other shite they want. Everything has to be a process, why it be like me... simple 😉
@Herbies Seeds and they carry Ace seeds. 1-3 delivery anywhere in the U.S. CL🍀

eenee meenee minee moe... which one do I wanna grow

20230227_111343.jpg

I can only speak well about @Weed Seeds Express delivery and gemnation rate.
Also after care has always been spot on its £ for me but £34 is there avg seed cost for 5 seeds but can jump to £40 odd
Thats pretty competitive price tbh. Here in the uk your looking around £30-50 for 5 seed packs unless your buying
old stock or the so called next best thing and new to the market at silly money.

That being said hope you find a breeder that works for you. ;)

there's always a snag or catch 22 they can find.
I'd say the California is probably the most restrictive on bringing ag products into the state. You can buy most any kind of commercial seeds through the mail (there are some prohibited invasive species), the only thing they could possibly make sellers do is certify that the seeds have been treated for bugs and possibly treated with a fungicide, again, to my knowledge is has not become an issue.

Edit: Within the state (intrastate) you can move or sell/send seeds freely.

Ok @Weed Seeds Express are definitely on sponsor page now. I looked this morning and did not see them listed. They also ship fast and have quality seeds...

i can recommend them. glad they are still here.

Fyi, my favorite sponsor for seeds is True North.

they are no longer here by the looks. pretty sure that's what i confused with wse.

Yeah a lot of them are insured too but I think you pay xtra for it.

sometimes it's included, normally you can add it with your shipping options.

Are there any seed companies that take credit cards. I don't have bit coin or Zell or all that other shite they want. Everything has to be a process, why it be like me... simple

it can depend on where they operate, and where you are located. in many cases if you are in a restricted area or country, they may not take credit card info to protect you.

pre-legal you could only use a credit card here if the company was located in the country. nobody dared though and used other means. now i can order on a card from anywhere without worry, and often do.

If you’re in the U.S. they should’ve taken your card. Wonder why not?

possibly in a restricted state. even then it is a bit curious.

There was no CC link to click on

was there a paypal link ? you can pay credit card through paypal a lot of times.

Back
Top Bottom