How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule

Actually look very healthy, if you're looking at the newest growth then that light color is 100% normal.
Ok yesterday they looked more yellow maybe because of the wet coco without good drainage put them in the coco on 3.5.19 hmm and im not sure if i should use calmag to my base nutes or just use the base nutes. Is the 0.6ec ok or can i give them some more?

And one more question should i water the coco daily?
I read some more here and i want to know some questions. Do you start to feed the seedlings after the first transplant from jiffy/coco pellets to a coco Medium and start to feed 0.3calmag +1.0 base nutes so you are at 1.3ec for seedlings? Is this not too much for a young seedling? I feed the coco per hand water method and i think i keept the coco way too wet because the root development was really slow only 2roots in a 0.25L pot after 7-10days and i read here you only water if per hand so much so the coco after 24hours is light in weight but not total dry, sounds hard to figure out how much you need for seedlings but if i water them and they only dry out after the second day i would only give the half water that i gave them before where they needed two days to dry out right? Would it be a problem if i watered not enough and the coco drys more out as it should? I would know the next day if they were too dry so i would use more water for the next feed to get the right amount of water for 24hours but i dont know if it would be a Problem if they dry out too much for one day hope you understand what i mean ✌️and sorry for the bad english

Hmm i think i have problems with root rot. The plants drink really slow, i got some cuttings from a growshop and they also show signs of root rot,i took them out of the coco and some roots starting to turn brown. With my bigger plants they also have some brown roots and i never get those big healthy roots like cultivator has. I dont use great white or root stimulators or any bacteria/fungi that help to fight bad bacteria or bad fungus in coco.. What should i do to get better results? Should i use those additives? Could the water source be a problem if it contains some bacteria or anything in it? The house im at is 130years old and i dont want to know how old are the water pipes lol.. I use ro water to filter this sh.t out so im not sure whats causing the poor root health

I have had problems like your having when I was in coco, I found by letting the pots fully dry out for less than a few hours to 12h then start of with a weak nutrient solution and start watering again ever so slightly.

As for additives, they do help but there not the most important part of a plants cycle but certainly does help, I've ran umptine amounts off root enhancers and found there all around the same barring great white has a few extra goodies in them, try Amazon they have some Mycrorhizal Fungi in 50g+ up to 5kg and it's pretty great on price too, all I would say is make sure you let your water sit for at least 24h.

Thanks i will try it. I started some new seeds and i feed at 0.6ec, if i let the coco dry out what ec should i use? :)

i also can see the coco stays really wet at the bottom, at the top it feels moist but not soaking wet. My pots have enough drainholes but after i water and they drained i can take the pots at 45° and more water runs out of the pots, i hope you understand what i mean :) so maybe i should try some clay pebbles at the bottom so the runoff can drain more easily.

I have no idea on ec numbers but i know i would reintroduce feed back on a steady rate so in PPM's it would be around 600-750.

I would let them fully dry out though, I know people say don't dry them out fully but if never had any problems a nd I don't see an easier way.

Ok thx i only feed the seedlings at 300ppm on 0.5 scale. I will go back to your ppms with my bigger plants. I feed them around 900ppm daily to runoff so i will go some lower for the ppms. But you have to give more runoff because of the salt buildup in the coco? Dont take the roots damage if they dry out and the salts in the coco whats left will dry out the roots also? Want to see a grow report that would be nice :slide::slide:

Ah sorry I must have miss read it, yeah 300 should be okay.

It's apparently so that the roots will get burn but I've grown hundreds and the only problems I have had on them is slight over watering like your info you have given.

I find that I do get some strains where I have root problems, not bad problems just not the greatest of genetics is all I can think, I have found that I would but the plants in a tray, feed them one day and bottom feed them for a few weeks after, so basically too feed, bottom,bottom, bottom too ect.

With my bigger plants i can see at the drainholes where the roots coming out there is some grey/green fungus it looks like aspergillus. And this mold grows on overwatered rotting organic material. I looked at the whole room/house if some where grows mold because the house is so old but i cant find any mold only in the coco pots lol

My bigger plants and the cuttings the coco i use is canna coco. At seedling stage they took about 3days to dry out in 0.2l pots. I got some new seeds in another coco, the coco is not soo fine as the canna coco and the seedlings are also in 0.2l pots and they are waay more dry after one day. Maybe it depends what particle size the coco has so you can water more often with bigger coco particles and with fine coco you need to wait longer. Canna say you need to wait for about 50-70% of the saturated weight is gone and if you feed everyday you will overwater the plants and this leads to pythium in coco. You can buy some canna cogr, this coco has a better water to air ratio because of the bigger coco particles and need more feedings because it drys out faster than the canna coco professionell

I used Canna Coco, had the odd problem with the contents but nothing drastically bad, I now use Canna Terra Professional Plus which is soil but kind of acts like a coco based medium, I can water daily if I wanted too.

I have used some Amazon coco before and found it quite good .

Back
Top Bottom