Hypo Hippy Take Two: Hydro and Soil Combo Grow

Buddy, I look at it as a 'privilege' that you have us over here!

You certainly have developed a nice touch with your 'growing skills'.

Your too kind woods.
I'm definely enjoying your outdoor grow.are you going to leave them in pots?Looks as if runt is going to be a Big Girl.:cheer:

you know, when I first started growing meds I couldn't get much from soil, and switched to hydro with an Emily's Garden' wick system, and it came out quite a bit better for me, so I stayed with hydro and experimented with soil on the side. Weird how it worked for me, but I guess some people just will be better fit for hydro at first anyways. I just thought I'd throw that out there. just FYI, now I dabble in most methods from dirt to water, to air. lol, even mix them together now and again. I think you'll like the hydro, i think alot of people are scared of it at first, but it's no harder than dirt, just different IMHO. Just my observations though, Eeh.

keep up the nice work though man!!
Hi j
I hope i don't doom my hempy grow,but its going so smooth it scares me,lol
I don't know how you keep up with all you do(rather well).Thanks for stopping.
I mostly lurk, and try to pick up good info,Use to read novels, with you and woods , ya'lls post are better.:smokin:
HH

Your too kind woods.
I'm definely enjoying your outdoor grow.are you going to leave them in pots?Looks as if runt is going to be a Big Girl.:cheer:

They'll be in pots for the entire grow. I'll have to start scattering some of them around the back yard a bit. Promised my wife that I'd only have a 'few' on the porch and I'd take the rest of them away when they're 'old enough' (imaginary point in time) to survive the onslaught of insects that they'll be encountering! I've got neem oil at the ready!

003403.JPG

3rd gen ww "hempy"
002423.JPG

one of 2
001395.JPG

2nd week veg:smokin::roorrip::grinjoint::smokin:

looks to be a killer yield again bro. better than last. Hell yea!!! can you hook up some details on the DIY CFL thing in veg? I think I like. how many watts?

looks to be a killer yield again bro. better than last. Hell yea!!! can you hook up some details on the DIY CFL thing in veg? I think I like. how many watts?

Thanks J,

The cfl thing i got the idea from scooter clowns journal,i built a box out of 1x2,8 socket holders from lowes.I have it on the two 3rd gen clones with 8 26w 6500k cfls.When i go to bloom i'm going to change to 4 40w 2700k and 4 26w 6500k for a total of 264w, or 8 40w 2700k for 320w.After i harvest the 2nd gen ww's i'll switch to the 400w hps.If anyone needs details i'll be glad to give deminsions
HHetc.:smokin::smokin::peacetwo:

so you just screwedd the ceramic sockets to the wood plank? does it get hot? Im sorry, I;m testing out the hash, and apperantly it's good, but I;m lost. I'm not too good with the new CFL movement. (other than spectrum) I;m interested in how you rigged it all up the most. Thats all new to me!

....sorry. Medicated and then some......

take care,'
jason

Nice job setting the CFL bulbs up in a horizontal orientation (potentially the most efficient, as those bulbs broadcast their light to the "sides" and not from the end. Have you painted the reflector part of the frame a nice bright flat white such as "brilliant" or "titanium?"

Also nice use of space with the shower enclosure. Not the most reflective of wall surfaces but I have definitely seen (much) worse and I imagine it's very easy to clean. Only... I couldn't help but notice the bar of soap and bottle of shampoo, lol. Probably the makings of a good joke about trying to be too efficient in there somewhere. Don't forget to kill the electricity before turning on the shower.:)

Glad to see that your plants are healthy, happy, and clean (;)). Must be karma.

so you just screwedd the ceramic sockets to the wood plank? does it get hot? Im sorry, I;m testing out the hash, and apperantly it's good, but I;m lost. I'm not too good with the new CFL movement. (other than spectrum) I;m interested in how you rigged it all up the most. Thats all new to me!

....sorry. Medicated and then some......

take care,'
jason

Nice job setting the CFL bulbs up in a horizontal orientation (potentially the most efficient, as those bulbs broadcast their light to the "sides" and not from the end. Have you painted the reflector part of the frame a nice bright flat white such as "brilliant" or "titanium?"

Also nice use of space with the shower enclosure. Not the most reflective of wall surfaces but I have definitely seen (much) worse and I imagine it's very easy to clean. Only... I couldn't help but notice the bar of soap and bottle of shampoo, lol. Probably the makings of a good joke about trying to be too efficient in there somewhere. Don't forget to kill the electricity before turning on the shower.:)

Glad to see that your plants are healthy, happy, and clean (;)). Must be karma.

003408.JPG
under neath

003408.JPG

close up of wiring and sockets(lowes abt $2.75ea)

002426.JPG

4 26w 6500k,4 40w 2700k
001398.JPG

home made vent stack/w 5 inc computer fan

005370.JPG

3 rd gen white widow hempy

cool. Thanx for posting the pics! Looks like that baby really puts out light! Great stuff man! and the widow is looking great too!!! Keep up the good work man!

As i said i got the idea from skootter clown's cfl grow.

the base deminsions are 17"x 23" framed w/1x2.5 screwed together.You can make it as big as you want,what i have is 264w for roughly 2.3 amps,with 8x40w=320w @ 3 amps.

As for heat i added a computer fan(approx 80 cfm) vented on top.The set up adds about 3-4 degs to ambient air.

on the top i added a piece of metal(light sheet from left over siding job) then attached mylar for reflection.

on the wire attachments i stripped the wire (carefully) and coated them with liquid tape.

I have my 400w hps currently flowering the 3 ww clones,i may or may not switch to it in a couple of weeks. I'm temped to go the rest of the way with the cfl.

Thanks for asking abt it.

HH:yummy::yummy:

First let me say that those WW look fantastic! You will be in the smoke soon! They are very healthy looking and that is an important issue for you I know! Nice work doing the 'Clown' design with the lights!

looking good hh:thumb:

thanks woods , i caught rumors that you wasn't going to do a journal this winter,o well you can help keep me straight.:roorrip:

scaredee ,cat,just came from your journal,mighty fine job , thanks for stopping by:bongrip:
HH

Yea, sometimes a vacation is needed. I just wish I could start right were I left off if I do vacation. But Nooooo.

No no Hypo, YOU da MAN! Great work. :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom