Hypo Hippy Take Two: Hydro and Soil Combo Grow

I would think the only time you would ever check the PPM on the runoff from soil would be if you are OCD and want an absolute complete flush....other than that there are way too many variables...you could be measuring beneficial bacteria for all you know...

Those are my thoughts anyway...I might be wrong. PH should be enough.

:peace: Hypo.

hi mountain,your right i'm probably "ocd",i was curious if the ppm of runoff was any indication of problems.i did flush them when i got the high readings.they did perk up after the flush.i guess i need something to "worry" about.lolthanks for checking in:peace:

009263.JPG

2nd generation ww

008297.JPG
007304.JPG

001385.JPG
3rd generation ww clones(hempy cup ) 1 week old- the top pictures are in third week of flower

Very nice bro, plants are looking healthy as can be, love the shower curtin !!!

Already for the next round, i need to get on that !!

Keep growing strong

:reading420magazine: Howdy Hypo Hippy. I just thought I'd stop by and keep you in line. No more of that funny stuff, K? I know what your doing in there. Just because your plants are looking good, it's no excuse to go blasting showtunes. It's just abusive to force the girls to listen to that crap. :reading420magazine:

ok, j/k bro.........but about the showtunes....:reading420magazine:

just don't let me catch you doing it again, huh?

....I was wondering. Are you planning on growing out those 3rd gen WW's totally in hydro? (Hempy n such?) I'm wondering if they will drift away from the kinky leaf thing in different environmental conditions? It kinda looks to me that they are infact getting better each Gen. ....or is that just the photos? Either way it seems not to be effecting your yield, so ehh.... Just my curiosity getting the better of me.

....about the PPM thing, The TDS or Total Desolved Solids in run-off of soil will be constantly variable, and almost every single tiny thing you add (and even some that you don't) will be counted towards the number. everything. Your never going to get an accurate reading. never. never, ever, ever everevereverever.....

But,.............. if you consistantly take readings and mark them into a chart such as ppm# on left, plant health (how their doing at reading time) on right, you will begin to see a pattern, and after a few grows using the same soil, and the same nutes and strain you can glance at that meter and get a pretty good idea of how things are doing, and by then you'll be able to know flush or add faster than you can say 'Nugs'. Even in my passive hydro i use soo many things that TDS is more of a guideline than anything, but my numbers are WAY up there after I add everything. i've hit 5000ppm and plants were fine. It was mostly additives i'm guessing. I guess the morel of my story is that if you chart it, it'll become much more clear in time whats going on in your dirt, but dont go by the numbers alone, and use it as a general guideline.

......wow, a small hello really turned into a book. sorry man. Keep up the good work.
WOOHOOOOOooooooooo.........!

:reading420magazine: Howdy Hypo Hippy. I just thought I'd stop by and keep you in line. No more of that funny stuff, K? I know what your doing in there. Just because your plants are looking good, it's no excuse to go blasting showtunes. It's just abusive to force the girls to listen to that crap. :reading420magazine:

ok, j/k bro.........but about the showtunes....:reading420magazine:

just don't let me catch you doing it again, huh?

....I was wondering. Are you planning on growing out those 3rd gen WW's totally in hydro? (Hempy n such?) I'm wondering if they will drift away from the kinky leaf thing in different environmental conditions? It kinda looks to me that they are infact getting better each Gen. ....or is that just the photos? Either way it seems not to be effecting your yield, so ehh.... Just my curiosity getting the better of me.

....about the PPM thing, The TDS or Total Desolved Solids in run-off of soil will be constantly variable, and almost every single tiny thing you add (and even some that you don't) will be counted towards the number. everything. Your never going to get an accurate reading. never. never, ever, ever everevereverever.....

But,.............. if you consistantly take readings and mark them into a chart such as ppm# on left, plant health (how their doing at reading time) on right, you will begin to see a pattern, and after a few grows using the same soil, and the same nutes and strain you can glance at that meter and get a pretty good idea of how things are doing, and by then you'll be able to know flush or add faster than you can say 'Nugs'. Even in my passive hydro i use soo many things that TDS is more of a guideline than anything, but my numbers are WAY up there after I add everything. i've hit 5000ppm and plants were fine. It was mostly additives i'm guessing. I guess the morel of my story is that if you chart it, it'll become much more clear in time whats going on in your dirt, but dont go by the numbers alone, and use it as a general guideline.

......wow, a small hello really turned into a book. sorry man. Keep up the good work.
WOOHOOOOOooooooooo.........!

Howdy j,thanks a bunch for stopping by.

i hear ya on the ppm thing,i mainly was curious if anyone else bothered to take ppm readings of run off.I hear what your saying about it being relative if you track the history.

as to the 3rd gen. clones,i was going to try a hempy grow,but since i changed to ffof soil and h&g soil, the 2nd gen plants have done so much better i may stick with that.I tried a bubbler and without a chiller thing turned ugly quick,in fact one of the bigger clones started out in the bubbler,when it turned to shite i put it in the soil.I believe i need some more experience before i try hydro again.lol

btw you can write a book anytime you want,thanks againfor stopping by.i am definetly keeping up with your success. HH

...and I'm keeping up with yours my friend. Why not throw a little home made hydro bucket into a corner and practice it? How else are you going to get the experience?

just a thought.

gunnight

Killer grow HH! I love the positive vibes of a Hypo Hippy grow!
I've never checked ppm run off of a soil grow. That could be some scary info that would make me freak. It's one of those some things are better left unsaid until there's a problem kinda thing.
I think you may find those Widows get better with age as far as generations down the road. I keep cloning and cloning mine only to have them get better as far as indestructability, density of the buds, and internode length. I think I'm into the 9th or 10th generation now.
The Yumbolts I have started will have to prove alot to knock White Widow out of my garden. So far they're stretching a bit more than I care for but I'm hoping that I can clone that out of them like I did the WW.
Good luck my friend, I too am about to do a little hydro side show so maybe we can get this bubble thing down together!

:nicethread::rollit:

BTW -5 star thread

...and I'm keeping up with yours my friend. Why not throw a little home made hydro bucket into a corner and practice it? How else are you going to get the experience?

just a thought.

gunnight

Hi j,I did transfer the 3rd gen to a 2 gal hempy bucket yesterday,i'm still watering with airlines running thru a 5 gal bucket with a drain to another bucket. The roots looked real good.I'm going to continue this till the roots hit the bottom.Do you think i should hit them with 1/4 strength nutes or more.right now i have them dribbled 15 min every hour or so with ph,ed (6.5) water and super thrive.whatcha think bro.:):grinjoint:

Killer grow HH! I love the positive vibes of a Hypo Hippy grow!
I've never checked ppm run off of a soil grow. That could be some scary info that would make me freak. It's one of those some things are better left unsaid until there's a problem kinda thing.
I think you may find those Widows get better with age as far as generations down the road. I keep cloning and cloning mine only to have them get better as far as indestructability, density of the buds, and internode length. I think I'm into the 9th or 10th generation now.
The Yumbolts I have started will have to prove alot to knock White Widow out of my garden. So far they're stretching a bit more than I care for but I'm hoping that I can clone that out of them like I did the WW.
Good luck my friend, I too am about to do a little hydro side show so maybe we can get this bubble thing down together!

:nicethread::rollit:

BTW -5 star thread

Hey orange,

we need to campain for you (motm),thers a lot of good ones running.anyway you got my vote. my widow clones are stretching like crazy,hell i tied them down , super cropped them and they still keep going.at least they been doing pretty good.Got my femed bubblicious and papaya last week,going to germ them in october for a winter grow. my reply to jason you can see what i;m doing with my 3rd gen.see what you think about my plan for them.Isure do enjoy your journal,it rocks.HH:bong::roorrip::grinjoint:

hi man. It's good to hear your going to try the bucket. Good for you! a progressive gardener is a good one. I'm not sure what your using for nutes, but I generally start about half streangth or so for the first week, and go up from there, but it's dependant on what your using for nutes. You def. wanna give them something now though, less you wanna get deficiency right away. it's a crucial time, the first few weeks in hydro. If your looking for new nutes I'm sure we can get you started right. I prefer Ionic, but just purchased the General Boi line yesterday to start in on some Hydro-Organics, but I'm starting testing on a single plant today. It'll be a while before I can recommend or condemn that one.

Good luck man!

Hello buddy! Time I dropped in on ya and checked out what's going on. Amazing work your doing with this grow. I don't understand much of it (anything with hydro is alien to me - except you! LOL). Good work my friend, I'll be back more often!:welldone:

Missed this thread for a little bit. My oooops. Lots of branching going on on your plants. That's gonna make for some nice yields.

That's hilarious about the show tunes. I like movie soundtracks. The one's with good rock n roll are good, but the best are the ones with big classical orchestras. Sky Captain is awesome!

:rollit:

Hey Guys and girls,

I have been gone for bout a week,can't believe the progress in the hempy buckets(pictures later ).It looks like the clones roots has reached the bottom,they have grown 4-5 inches while i was gone.The big girls are over 40 inches (hope they quit streching)they in the fifth week of flower.I got my dehumidifier today,it dropped from 70% to 50% in 20 minutes.

Thanks to docbud i'm loving the lack of work on the hempys.Right now the hempys are under 3 42w cfls.they are about 2 weeks old,i'm going to wait 2 or 3 weeks to start blooming them.

Papa green,woods,j,orange,rasin thanks for stopping in.

pictures of the new ww clones below:ganjamon:

Great looking work Hypo! Was that you I saw on TV on the beach in FLA. behind the TV reporter? You were chasing a few big budded bikini clad women around, there was something with smoke coming out of your mouth and you had a huge grin on your face! :ganjamon:

Great looking work Hypo! Was that you I saw on TV on the beach in FLA. behind the TV reporter? You were chasing a few big budded bikini clad women around, there was something with smoke coming out of your mouth and you had a huge grin on your face! :ganjamon:

definatly lloking good man...

Hey I saw you on the news too!!

He,he you guys must have had the same dream i had about the girls on the beach.

It is hard to believe the clones in the hempy buckets,the look better than anything i have attempted in the past, amazing how they are responding.I will start flowering them in a couple of weeks.

The big girls are slowing their stretch,forming lots of bud sites,looks as if one of them has a rust fungus.I sprayed them with copper soap,hopefully that will take care of it.should harvest them in mid July,i still have 3 oz of last harvest.
Thanks for stopping by,woods and J.
HH :grinjoint::roorrip:

He,he you guys must have had the same dream i had about the girls on the beach.

It is hard to believe the clones in the hempy buckets,the look better than anything i have attempted in the past, amazing how they are responding.I will start flowering them in a couple of weeks.

The big girls are slowing their stretch,forming lots of bud sites,looks as if one of them has a rust fungus.I sprayed them with copper soap,hopefully that will take care of it.should harvest them in mid July,i still have 3 oz of last harvest.
Thanks for stopping by,woods and J.
HH :grinjoint::roorrip:

Buddy, I look at it as a 'privilege' that you have us over here!

You certainly have developed a nice touch with your 'growing skills'.

you know, when I first started growing meds I couldn't get much from soil, and switched to hydro with an Emily's Garden' wick system, and it came out quite a bit better for me, so I stayed with hydro and experimented with soil on the side. Weird how it worked for me, but I guess some people just will be better fit for hydro at first anyways. I just thought I'd throw that out there. just FYI, now I dabble in most methods from dirt to water, to air. lol, even mix them together now and again. I think you'll like the hydro, i think alot of people are scared of it at first, but it's no harder than dirt, just different IMHO. Just my observations though, Eeh.

keep up the nice work though man!!

Back
Top Bottom