Hypo Hippy's first indoor grow

TS....yes we are going 24/7 right now. Just thinking about going to 18/6 for a day or two at the most before 12/12. Get some sleep my man.

MH....You can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, or you can call me RJ, but you doesn't have to call me Johnson.....lol. No seriously, I don't give a hoot what anyone calls me as long as they call me...right? Thanks for the +reps....seriously. I appreciate you stopping by here and passing on your nuggets of know-how. Be good

Wow haven't heard that in a long time.. Was that from the Jackie Gleason Show or Ed Sullivan? Or neither? :bravo:

Naw....Saturday Night live made it popular but it was (I think) some guy named Leon Redbone, but I could be mistaken.

Quick question guys....how much time, if any, do you wait between bondage cycles in LST? By that I mean if you bend your girl up pretty good on Monday when do you twist her up some more?

Well guys I should have actually looked it up before shooting from the hip, but googled it and found out that this is the guy. Turns out he was never on SNL.

Raymond J. Johnson, Jr. is a character created by comedian Bill Saluga.
The spiel got more widespread attention in the late 70s in a series of commercials for Anheuser-Busch Natural Light Beer. Saluga appeared alongside of comedian/pitchman Norm Crosby echoing (in a roundabout way) Norm's advice to unknowing customers: "Well, y'doesn't hasta call it Anheuser Busch Natural Light Beer, and y'doesn't hasta call it "Busch Natural". Just say "Natural"!" This before launching into the "You can call me Ray" tirade at the mere mention of the word "name".

Sorry for all you guys who could give a schitt. lol

Light bulbs everywhere lol.. The ladies oughtta love the hps and cfls all over 'em. Lookin good Hypo :goodjob:

+rep

Naw....Saturday Night live made it popular but it was (I think) some guy named Leon Redbone, but I could be mistaken.

Quick question guys....how much time, if any, do you wait between bondage cycles in LST? By that I mean if you bend your girl up pretty good on Monday when do you twist her up some more?

You are correct in waiting, but when they first explode you might be tying them down every other day to get more stalks to form on the exposed main stalk. But later, only tie them down as needed to move them out of the way or tighten to level canopy, if possible.

I am gonna start releasing mine at the end of the 3rd or 4th week depending on the foliage. I have also found that most of my strings were already loose when I cut them on Lilbit (she is free and still kinky). Plant had just taken that shape and was ok with it, or the bud was weighing them down....not sure :ganjamon:.

:peace:

DroJo...thanks for visiting and thanks for the +rep! Yeah man, lights in all four quadrants and overhead.....putting it on 'em.

MH....thanks as always for the tips. New to this bondage stuff but starting to at least figure it out some.

Y'all be good (or don't get caught)

OK off subject again, sorry.

HYpo you were correct about it" Raymond J. Johnson, Jr. is a character created by comedian Bill Saluga.

But he was on the early 70's
"Sanford and Sons" Still I believe he's been on shows in the late sixties like the Ed Sullivan show as a guest. Possibly the Red Skelton Show. Those of you old enough might remember. I know it doesn't mention those in the Wikipedia, but what do they know!

Here are some shots of the girls from today. Some happy and some not so.

This is Daisy (our suspected skunk variant). She is a vibrant, deep green shrub for sure....a lot greener to the eye than on film. She was so squatty that LST really wasn't an option so we did our first attempt at FIM. This is a close-up of the cut. Hopefully it pans out and she will do some serious branching
003289.JPG

This little girl is Gladys (one of the Nirvana freebies) our sickliest runt...through no fault of her own. Somehow, I bumped into her the day she was transplanted and snapped here damn near in two right at the ground. I think all the chlorosis is due to her damaged stalk. She is finally starting to perk up, but her leaves still look almost variagated. I FIM'd her too....probably shoulda waited, but what the hey.
002323.JPG

These photos are of Lucille (White Widow) who was the Queen of our fleet. She still looks good, but we aren't sure why her leaves are curling at the ends. Could be from the light (we moved it down cause thought it might be too close) or it could be from the LST. You get some stem twist and that may have caused some transportation issues, but I think she will recover...she really doesn't look too bad, just such a departure from how unbelievably she was doing earlier.
001286.JPG

004281.JPG

We adjusted the cfls to a more horizontal orientation and watered with diluted Grow Big and a drop of Superthrive. We did notice for the first time some little black gnats flitting around and are a little concerned. Looking at the pest threads they might be fungus gnats, but either way the bitches better be looking over their shoulders...I'm coming for 'em. Anyhow, just wanted to let y'all know what is going on down here.

Daisy looks great and I can see from the pic that she will have at least 4 new tops from the top two nodes and the ones below will catch up also. At least six new tops and maybe more.

You probably should have waited on Gladys, letting here come back first. Well see! Someone ought to be able to help with what's ailing her. Looks in the pic like the growth lower down is fine. Wait till you get help on her, but if you have to you could top her down to that nice growth below. I once topped one of my outdoor girls more than halfway down (she was already a couple of feet tall) because of a stalk boring invasion up above.

Lucille, I had the same downturn on my Mazar leaves like that. Never got an answer why they were doing that and they did that the whole grow.. I'll be waiting to see what the guys say about it.

hey guys one question, what is a reasonably priced digital ph meter.i have read that soil meters aren't reliable. i have a morse ferry $20 meter, not much faith in it, would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance

I've got one of those soil meters. Just scrubbed the heck out of the posts with the enclosed scrubber and it seems to work. Apparently it's better to have a better one and one that you can use with the run off and your water:grinjoint:. I just did not have the funds.

hey guys one question, what is a reasonably priced digital ph meter.i have read that soil meters aren't reliable. i have a morse ferry $20 meter, not much faith in it, would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance

Milwaukee pH600 - $25
Milwaukee pH52 - $50
Milwaukee pH53 - $65

All are digital. The first one is one-point calibration only. The last one has .01 resolution (pH and temperature) and is accurate to +/- .02 pH. That sounds like more accuracy than most growers need, but if you think about it, one that has an accuracy of .2 pH means that the actual range of error is .4! IOW, you get a reading of 5.9 but it could be anywhere between 5.7-6.1. With the pH53, you get a reading of 5.93 and you know the actual pH is going to fall between the range of 5.91 and 5.95. A tenfold difference in accuracy and all for $65 (to $70). It also has automatic temperature-compensation (of course) and one- or two-point calibration (of course) but the calibration procedure is semi-automatic (place into calibration mode, probe in first calibration solution, stabilize, press button, then repeat for second solution if desired) instead of making the adjustments manually.

I'd recommend the pH53 if only because for the price it's the highest quality piece you'll find and why get a cheaper one "for now" only to save $25? But if $25 is all that you have - and all that you are likely to have - I would suggest that their pH600 is still 100x better than one of those non-digital testers or the test strips. It's not a bad meter, it's just a basic one.

thanks woods i know how it is with money lol. TS the info you gave me makes sense, ill probably get the more accurate one. i did a test with the one i have (tested known ph levels and found i spent 20 bucks for nothing +10 bucks for test strips) any way i should have asked before. thanks to both for your response and help.:peace:

well guys i "bit the bullet" i ordered a milwaukee ph 53,should be here next week. TS the price was spot on 65$ including shipping. again thanks for the help:thumb:

Those test strips and 'old fashioned' testers have been around for a hundred years, basic chemistry as oppose to relying on battery operated things, I think you just like having gadgets really :geek: lol

Those test strips and 'old fashioned' testers have been around for a hundred years, basic chemistry

Don't throw them away, a backup is a backup. My problem was always trying to decide whether it was closer to this or that, and how close, and...

Then again, being color-blind is not helpful either.

I think you just like having gadgets really :geek: lol

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom