I don't think this is normal: What y'all think

Kevinhayes

Happy Victoria Day (Canadian)

I've got 2 Crop King White Banner in 5gallon fabric pots filled with roughly 70%-Coco
25%-Perlite and 5% blood/bone meal

One of them looks normal (I think) then other is multi colour. I'm thinking to much blood meal. Any thoughts?

They are in a 4x4 tent with a 2000w Aglex (410w from wall and some sunblasters in the corners vertically.

Attachments

• IMG_20190520_114554345.jpg
    IMG_20190520_114554345.jpg
    586 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_20190520_114543296.jpg
    IMG_20190520_114543296.jpg
    557.3 KB · Views: 163
Blood meal is a very readily N hot fertilizer usually like 12-0-0. While it's okay in small amounts in a cooked soil with other amendments just adding raw blood meal to seedlings is very dangerous. I would opt for a more slowly available N source like a fish meal/alfalfa meal mix with some castings or compost or even a high N guano would be safer than blood meal.

It does rain in the outdoors overnight, so it is not going to hurt the plants by watering during the dark period, but that being said, there is a "best" time to water. It is right at sun up, when the plants rise up to meet the dawn. If you water at this point in the day, the plants actually uptake some of what you give them directly into the plant, and you can end up needing to water about 10% more than you would any other time.

Advanced Nutrients Sensi Coco A n B

Started the week 1 feeding schedule at 1/4 strength

Grow A n B
b-52
Voodoo
Calmag
(Not in that order)
so, you would rather believe what you read online and give 1/4 of what the scientists that developed your nutes say you should use at week 1. They have no incentive to lie to you... every incentive for you to succeed in your grow, yet you have chosen to believe bro science. The result is dramatic... your plants are showing you that they are starving to death.
Trust the nutes you have bought into, or throw them in the garbage and get something you will trust. Your plants are counting on you.

so, you would rather believe what you read online and give 1/4 of what the scientists that developed your nutes say you should use at week 1. They have no incentive to lie to you... every incentive for you to succeed in your grow, yet you have chosen to believe bro science. The result is dramatic... your plants are showing you that they are starving to death.
Trust the nutes you have bought into, or throw them in the garbage and get something you will trust. Your plants are counting on you.

Advanced Nutrients said to start at 1/4 strength and work your way up until it looks like it's to much.

So not sure what your going on about.

and I just pulled up the AN feeding chart, and no where on there does it say to ignore the recommendations at week 1 and give 1/4 of that. I would be curious where you got that bad advice... you know, the advice that has turned your new growth yellow.
They have never told me that either. I have been on the phone with them several times. Advanced is a company that I give them credit for answering the phone and always willing to chat with customers.

I would trust science over advice. @Emilya knows her stuff. I thought I was watering my plants correctly until I read her watering column. Anyhow the company wants you to succeed which is why they will help you. Nothing worse to a company than a customer who does not repeat their purchases. They go the way of many companies that failed..... here in Canada I can point you to Sears or Target. They have been wiped from the landscape........

So found the email. I asked what would be good to start seedlings with. Then I typed the products I had. They says to start with b52 and voodoo juice at the bottle strength. Then once I have some upward growth to start at 1/4 with the Sensi coco grow A/B So for the 2 White Banner I started feeding at 1/4 and will increase from there.
Screenshot_20190524-185337.png

For my autos i soaked the seeds in pH water till they sank. Then I put into a large Rockwool (soaked in pH water and drained) with some coco. Then watered with Calmag/b-52/voodoo juice and they all have popped. They will be going into 3gallpn fab pots.

They photo is a day and a half old. When I checked this morning they are popping up a bit

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190524-184110.png
    Screenshot_20190524-184110.png
    697.6 KB · Views: 151
So found the email. I asked what would be good to start seedlings with. Then I typed the products I had. They says to start with b52 and voodoo juice at the bottle strength. Then once I have some upward growth to start at 1/4 with the Sensi coco grow A/B So for the 2 White Banner I started feeding at 1/4 and will increase from there.
Screenshot_20190524-185337.png
That's not really them telling you to go 1/4 dose then. Look at the side of your bottles and it says 2ml per liter for seedlings already and that's what they are telling you to do. So they are just telling you to follow the directions already listed.
Your bottles give you the seedling dose on the side. Once you start transitioning to the actual veg cycle is when you start using the Advanced Calculator for your veg weeks.

Back
Top Bottom