Icemud Goes LED - Featuring Top LED Grow - Cherry Pie GSC/OGiesel/SFV OG/UVH OG

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

Icemud I have a question for you. I am having an issue with humidity at the moment and have heard that dofoliating will help with this, as defoliating during flowering (after the stretch) stops the plants from transpiring so much and adding humidity to my environmt.

Seeing as your vScrOG is absolutely packed ;) do you defoliate and if so how great is the drop on your RH? On that note, what is your RH at the moment with all those beautiful buds everywhere?

Thanks dude

Re: Icemud Goes LED: Featuring Top LED Grow: Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel - SFV OG - UV

Wow...Thats a nice scrog! Well done sir :cheer:
You have done a great job fillng it up, Thats going to be a nice yeild with some nice nuts!

Hey Hiddenkoncept!!! Thanks man!!! Hoping for a epic yield with the GSC especially!

How man that scrog wow :goodjob:

:peace:

Thanks Fred!!!

Icemud I have a question for you. I am having an issue with humidity at the moment and have heard that dofoliating will help with this, as defoliating during flowering (after the stretch) stops the plants from transpiring so much and adding humidity to my environmt.

Seeing as your vScrOG is absolutely packed ;) do you defoliate and if so how great is the drop on your RH? On that note, what is your RH at the moment with all those beautiful buds everywhere?

Thanks dude

Hey Google!!! I do defoliate usually around day 25 of flowering and then again around day 50 or so. I never really took note on the humidity since here in Socal for the most part it stays pretty constant. My RH usually sits between 40-50% all the time, except when we have offshore winds and the breeze comes from the desert, then it can drop to under 10%, but it is pretty rare and only may last for a day or 2.

Hey Google!!! I do defoliate usually around day 25 of flowering and then again around day 50 or so. I never really took note on the humidity since here in Socal for the most part it stays pretty constant. My RH usually sits between 40-50% all the time, except when we have offshore winds and the breeze comes from the desert, then it can drop to under 10%, but it is pretty rare and only may last for a day or 2.

Yea 40-50% is what i'm aiming for, i'm currently dealing with RH of up to 73%, so I expect i'll be doing the same, i'm on day 19 of flowering at the moment and am looking forward to day 25 so i can remove some of that foliage! Thanks mate :thumb:

Yea 40-50% is what i'm aiming for, i'm currently dealing with RH of up to 73%, so I expect i'll be doing the same, i'm on day 19 of flowering at the moment and am looking forward to day 25 so i can remove some of that foliage! Thanks mate :thumb:

Yikes, that is pretty high...Is that the RH of the room air as well? or just inside your grow area?

So, Today would be day 31 of flowering from the flip and so far the ladies are looking pretty darn good :)

They still have a decent amount of moisture in the pots so they probably wont be getting a watering for a while as of now. At least 3-4 days or so. I did however give them a foliar feeding tonight of some Amaze, PGR, Carboload, cold pressed seaweed, and organic b, with a little yucca extract and fulvic acid as well. I sprayed the girls and mixed the nutrients very light this time, because last time was too strong and I burned the pistils so I knocked the amounts down to 1/2 of what they were last feeding.

Other than that the girls are looking alright. I did notice some dead leaves in the foliage I have to take care of so they will go tomorrow as I give a slightly more detailed defoliation as well to thin things out some more and make some light hit the smaller buds below.

I have to say if things keep going the way they have been, I should have a pretty nice yield this run :)

Here are the photo's for tonight.

DSC08865.JPG
DSC088661.JPG
DSC088671.JPG
DSC08868.JPG
DSC08869.JPG
DSC088701.JPG
DSC08871.JPG
DSC08872.JPG
DSC088731.JPG
DSC088741.JPG
DSC088751.JPG
DSC088761.JPG
DSC088771.JPG
DSC088781.JPG
DSC088791.JPG
DSC088801.JPG

Looks like your gonna get a nice harvest off the scrog Ice Looks Great

Looks like your gonna get a nice harvest off the scrog Ice Looks Great

Hey Cronic!!! So far so good :) I hope for a great harvest as well :)

Awesome journal Ice. Im glad that you are showing us the capabilities of LED's and that they are actually affordable. What would your recommendation be for a 4*8*8 tent to replace 2 600watt hps??

Hey Cronic!!! So far so good :) I hope for a great harvest as well :)

Im sure you will get a great one :thumb:

Awesome journal Ice. Im glad that you are showing us the capabilities of LED's and that they are actually affordable. What would your recommendation be for a 4*8*8 tent to replace 2 600watt hps??

Hey Big Daddy...Thanks for the compliments!!! I definitely believe in leds being the future of growing. You might want to ask your question in the different LED forums here on 420. I would check into Top LED and also Intelligent LED which are the ones I am using and so far very happy with both.

The reason I say ask your question in those forums/threads, because there is a good chance others will be able to accurately answer your question if they have the same size tent...

What I would recommend would be the Intelligent Gro lights and would go with 2x 684W models. If you wanted to go the cheaper route, then TOP LED will also work great and for that I probably would say 2x of the 1200w models.

Great Caesars Ghost!! That is beautiful and mother of god look how many buds!!! Icemud that is *&(%*&^ awesome!! Bravo mate, just bravo!!

Yikes, that is pretty high...Is that the RH of the room air as well? or just inside your grow area?

Also, apologies, I completely overlooked this! The RH of my room is lower, but not much lower than my desired RH. I'm working on a way of extracting the air from the room to pull new air in through the window. A combination of that, defoliation and a larger bad ass Ruck fan should hopefully help with the problem :)

Day 23 of Flowering! It's not quite an Icemud Scrog ;) but it's still pretty busy!

IMG_50251.JPG
IMG_50332.JPG

Man i hope i get bugs like yours dude, big, frosty and beautiful!! Awesome!!

:thumb:

I hope you are well though and great work!!

Man oh man!
This has got to be your best scrog yet Ice!
and with another 25+ days to go?

wiw!

I'm curious, how far away do you have your Mars II lights from the plants? The pics make it look like you have them really close, and they seem to be thriving like crazy! I've got the Mars II 400w and its about 3 feet from the tops. I was afraid I'd burn mine, I went from CFL's to the LED. Should I move mine closer? Thanks!

Start at two feet and move lights down till you notice a difference. Then mark distance and dont put that close. I do 10-14 in but depends on total wattage and size diodes used. If you get a piece of white paper you and see the light intensity on the sides. Leds need to be close due to weak peripheral lighting

IceBud :). Sorry couldnt resist with those beautiful pictures of Alpine Frosted Buds(tm) :rofl:
My plants are growing out new branches, leaves, etc but not getting too tall. They are about 6-8" tall and each plant top about 6-8" across They are vegged 5 weeks old from bean planting. Most are in 2gal pots. I will transplant them into their final pots next week.
My mars ll 240x5 is about 28" from tops.
My question to you( w/o pictures, plants are very healthy- using DBs HB kit and instructions :) )
Do they shoot up proportionatelymore as they approach flowering?
Are my lights too close to stimulate reach? No light or heat burn at all. Avr RH 48-60%. Avr Temps 65-78
TYIA

Back
Top Bottom