Icemud LED Grow Featuring The All New Budmaster COB Technology - White Full Spectrum

Re: Icemud LED Grow Featuring The All New Budmaster COB Technology - White Full Spect

Gratz on the chop Brotha :thumb:
I do have to say tho that glass piece needs some serious cleaning :rofl:

There is clean water in there....LOL yea I need to get that salt and rubbing alcohol out and give it a nice scrubbing :)

Re: Icemud LED Grow Featuring The All New Budmaster COB Technology - White Full Spect

niiice , hand cramp time!

Yea... I know that feeling...haha, that or back/neck from leaning over..haha... I stood up this time trimming with the plants hanging which made it much easier to trim :)

Congrats Ice on your carpet of cannabis hanging there. Lol.
Must smell like tangie heaven.

It smells unbelievable in there, lucky for carbon filters :) those tangies just reak of goodness :)

Feminized Seed project update: day 21 flowering from the flip, under budmaster GOD leds.

So things are moving along quite nicely in the seed project tent. The female turned male black cherry soda is now in full pollen sack production and I have not sprayed her with colloidal silver since about a week ago. I haven't seen any pollen dusting on the leaves yet but it does look like a few of the pollen sacks are about ready to pop open and release so should just be a matter of days now :) I will keep the male plant in the tent for some time, until I know that each of the female plants has received a good amount of pollen, in which I will be brushing on once the pollen sacks start to release the goodies :)

As far as feeding I haven't needed to give the girls any water in about 4 days since they are still doing fine from the watering of r/o water I gave them over the holiday weekend.

As far as the females, they all look for the most part very healthy, with the exception of the harlequin which is still doing the weird leaf discoloring that has happened now for a few generations. Hopefully that the seeds will not carry on this trait that has formed, but we will see.

Other than that, just a waiting game as of now. I'm really curious how the smaller plants flowered early in veg will stack budsites compared to the usual 3'+ monsters I usually grow. Much more light penetration is reaching the full plant so it will be interesting. When looking at my last harvest, I am sort of disappointed that only the top 1' of the plants even budded as the lower portions didn't even get enough light. My fault for packing 8 fairly large plants into a very small tent.

Here are the photos of the feminized seed project tent:
IMG_20160706_215626.jpg
IMG_20160706_215634.jpg
IMG_20160706_215701.jpg
IMG_20160706_215709.jpg
IMG_20160706_215721.jpg
IMG_20160706_215730.jpg
IMG_20160706_215739.jpg
IMG_20160706_215745.jpg
IMG_20160706_215753.jpg
IMG_20160706_215759.jpg
IMG_20160706_215803.jpg
IMG_20160706_215808.jpg
IMG_20160706_215817.jpg
IMG_20160706_215824.jpg
IMG_20160706_215828.jpg
IMG_20160706_215838.jpg
IMG_20160706_215901.jpg

I also checked on my girls that are drying in the other tent, and things are moving along with a nice slow drying. i don't have any fans on in the tent, other than my scrubber and extraction fan which should be exchanging the air which I have running on 1/2 speed. So my tent probably is exchanging the air about 2x per minute as the fan at full is a 440cfm, and my tent is only about 89 cubic feet, so at half speed that is 220 x 60/89 which is about 151 exchanges per hour or about 2x per minute :)

I checked the RH inside the tent and it was sitting around 50% which is nearly ideal, but I wanted to slightly boost it up so I hung a wet hand towel in the tent from the ceiling, and about 1x per every other day I will douse the towel with water, and rehang it to add a slight wicking of moisture into the air.

Upon a gentle squeeze of the buds, they still have at least about 4-5 days or so of drying before they will be manicured and jarred. I did a visual inspection of the buds just to make sure no molds or anything were growing and so far everything looks great. The only thing I noticed is the bud size really shrunk quite a bit this run, and I'm not so sure I will be too happy with the overall yield, but again things may surprise me in the end. The smell is great though, and I like the look of the buds drying with the trimmed sugar leaf on them. :) I didn't manage to trim the last 2 plants as I just didn't have the motivation to do it over the weekend, and it wont be the first time I have dried the plants with fan leaves on, so no worries, just more work later :0

Here are todays photos

IMG_20160706_220120.jpg
IMG_20160706_220135.jpg
IMG_20160706_220142.jpg
IMG_20160706_220147.jpg
IMG_20160706_220154.jpg
IMG_20160706_220211.jpg

Everything looks great, Bro! :bravo:

Just be careful that towel doesn't cause mold. I've seen it happen several times!

Those buds look scrumptious and I'd hate to see you have to do a water cure! :yummy:

Everything looks great, Bro! :bravo:

Just be careful that towel doesn't cause mold. I've seen it happen several times!

Those buds look scrumptious and I'd hate to see you have to do a water cure! :yummy:

Thats a good suggestion, I've done it in the past and generally within about a half a day the towel is fairly dry but really good idea to check and make sure. definitely wouldn't want my harvest to go to waste, as my meds are about gone from my last harvest. I've thrown away 1/2 lbs before because it molded, such a heartbreaking thing after months of TLC and care... definitely want to play it safe and not have to do that again :)

mad ice , the nugs look beautiful, make sure you store some of that black cherry soda pollen , do it every time and you will have endless breeding options without having to regrow strains for pollen.
great work bro

mad ice , the nugs look beautiful, make sure you store some of that black cherry soda pollen , do it every time and you will have endless breeding options without having to regrow strains for pollen.
great work bro

Have you done this before>? what is the best way to store pollen, and how long can it be stored?

I have a few seeds I've been holding on to that I would love to hit with the BCS pollen... but it may be a while before I have room to get them going.

Have you done this before>? what is the best way to store pollen, and how long can it be stored?

I have a few seeds I've been holding on to that I would love to hit with the BCS pollen... but it may be a while before I have room to get them going.
this sounds nuts but its what i do and most others.
after shaking our the pollen into a paper bag you put the pollen (no leaf or foreign material ) into a zip lock bag and mix 50/50 with flour ,yes ,flour .

next at least tripple bag and put in the freezer .

mousture is the pollens nemisis

this sounds nuts but its what i do and most others.
after shaking our the pollen into a paper bag you put the pollen (no leaf or foreign material ) into a zip lock bag and mix 50/50 with flour ,yes ,flour .

next at least tripple bag and put in the freezer .

mousture is the pollens nemisis

hey photos, thanks for taking the time to let me know the ways! I appreciate ya! I've actually heard about the flour thing before, but was more for showing where you brush pollen on the females. Great suggestion and I definitely will do this.

Update time!!!!

Well here is the final weigh in from the last harvest. I am actually pretty disappointed with the results of this last grow, and I think there are a few things that really contributed to my unfavorable results. The overall harvest was only 204.6g total or .51 grams/watt, which is my 2nd worst yield ever... I'm really disappointed :( I can not say its the lights at fault because there were a lot of issues with this grow as well as a few "firsts" that I tried and I am not happy with the results. The buds smell amazing, don't get me wrong, and are very frosty, but they also are very airy and light, not dense at all, and the yield is about 1/3 per plant as I usually get. I think some of the factors that caused this are :

-Not enough light, which I knew from the PAR readings
-too many different nutrients used, and not on a set schedule as well as trying new nutrients I've never used.
-I pulled all the fan leaves off/defoliated mid-late flowering which I think was the major cause of this yield decrease as it shocked the plants and took away their means to do photosythesis.
-a early-mid flowering foliar feeding which burned the crap out of the plants and pistils, and also stunted growth for about 1 week.
-too many plants in my tent, which caused overcrowding, and much shading.
-Plants were grown too tall for the total amount of plants in the tent... wasting a ton of energy getting the nutrients to the tops of the plants with little fan leaves to keep tugor pressure up.

So as you can see, quite a few setbacks and error on my part really screwed up this grow. I also think that my "excitement" for growing lately has not been there, as I've run the same strains for like 4 grows now and I only really like the tangie 3 and 5, black cherry soda, black diamond og and ogiesel. The harlequin is only there because its my only high CBD strain, and does have a unique taste but it is far from my favorite.

I also do not think I will be keeping tangie pheno #6 (the purple pheno) as it didn't purple this run, only the first 2 runs. The terpenes in #6 were no where near as good as the other 2 I kept, and the only reason I kept #6 was because of the purple coloring late flower as well as the bud structure and yield were actually good. But the terps and overall buds are just not worth keeping when I have 2 other phenos that are absolutely amazing. I don't think #6 will make the cut, even though I am still crossing it with my black cherry soda.
Tangie #6 28.1g
IMG_20160711_193808.jpg
IMG_20160711_193824.jpg
IMG_20160711_193830.jpg

I also am not happy with the Fire OG cut that I got. This one I recieved from those clone hacks that sold me a bunch of crap and even though it may be Fire OG, its nothing special, a poor yielder, terps and flavor just aren't as good as other og's I've run, and I haven't been happy with it for 3 runs now, so I think its also going to get cut from the future grows, but I also will be crossing it with the black cherry soda.
FIRE OG: 22.4g
IMG_20160711_192035.jpg
IMG_20160711_192040.jpg
IMG_20160711_192110.jpg
IMG_20160711_192121.jpg

Now on a good note, the Ogiesel which still is one of my favorite strains I have, turned out absolutely amazing this run. The smell, looks and bud density are perfect and even though I haven't tried it yet, I can tell it is going to be a killer. Very strong smelling.
Ogiesel 28.2g total
IMG_20160711_192554.jpg
IMG_20160711_192604.jpg
IMG_20160711_192618.jpg
IMG_20160711_192626.jpg
IMG_20160711_192638.jpg
IMG_20160711_192653.jpg

The Tangie 3 and 5
also turned out to smell amazing, very very potent smelling, however the buds also were very airy, hardly any yield compared to other runs with it so not as impressed as I could be with it. The smell and terp profile though smells absolutely amazing and again it packs a very orange citrus punch :)
Tangie 3 22.9g
IMG_20160711_193026.jpg
IMG_20160711_193034.jpg
IMG_20160711_193046.jpg
IMG_20160711_193055.jpg
IMG_20160711_193107.jpg
IMG_20160711_193116.jpg

Tangie 5 27.4g
IMG_20160711_193401.jpg
IMG_20160711_193411.jpg
IMG_20160711_193419.jpg
IMG_20160711_193427.jpg
IMG_20160711_193449.jpg

The Harlequin, surprisingly put out a decent yield after giving me issues the whole grow. The last few weeks of flowering the buds really thicked up and have a ton of trichomes... also the terpenes in the harlequin are very interesting, it smells like a chemical, new carpet, hot rubber smell, sounds unppealing but actually is quite nice. Its a 1:1 CBD strain so this one is going to be my go to for pain management when needed.
Harlequin: 20.4g
IMG_20160711_194108.jpg
IMG_20160711_194114.jpg
IMG_20160711_194125.jpg
IMG_20160711_194142.jpg

The Black Cherry Soda also came out really good this run. The smell is that of cherries, grapes and fruit punch and the buds are actually quite dense. Also its always been one of my highest yielding strains and again it holds that title of this grow comming in at around 31.9g beating out the others by a few grams. Still no where near impressive as this one can really stack weight as I have seen on other grows.
black cherry soda: 31.9g
IMG_20160711_194422.jpg
IMG_20160711_194428.jpg
IMG_20160711_194436.jpg
IMG_20160711_194449.jpg
IMG_20160711_194454.jpg

The black diamond og well wasn't impressive this run. It seemed to just have issues for the later half of flowering and never seemed to want to grow large, and the buds just stopped getting fatter around day 30 of flowering. I don't know why, but just not impressed with the yield at all this run, as i only got 19.1g off it. very poor. The smell is not really there, as it wasn't on the last grow, but later in curing comes out so I am curious how it will turn out. The buds are very dense, but very small but its a strong indica so it should last me a while as not much is needed if its the same as last run.
Black diamond OG: 19.1g
IMG_20160711_192309.jpg
IMG_20160711_192318.jpg
IMG_20160711_192335.jpg
IMG_20160711_192345.jpg
IMG_20160711_192350.jpg

Here are my total weights for all of my grows and G/w
Grow 1: 1000w HID (400w CMH + 600w HPS) Total yield 574g or .57 grams/watt
Grow 2: 1000w HID (400w CMH + 600w HPS) Total yield 547g or .55 grams/watt
Grow 3: 1000w HID (400w CMH + 600w HPS) No Yield Data (Powder Mildew took over)
Grow 4: 1000w HID (400w CMH + 600w HPS) Total yield 325g or .33 grams/watt
Grow 5: 580w (400w CMH + Mars II 400w) Total yield 245g or .42 grams/watt
Grow 6: 540w LED (3x Mars II 400/180w models) Total yield 308g or .57 grams/watt
Grow 7:>300w LED (2x Intelligent Gro, GEN1, 180w each on dimmer) Total yield 191g or .63 grams/watt
Grow 8: 540W LED (3x Intelligent Gro, GEN2, 180w draw each) Total yield 367g or .70 grams/watt
Grow 9: 494W LED (2x Advanced LED XTE300, 247w draw each), Total yield 391.4g or .79grams/watt
Grow 10: 750W LED (3x Advanced LED XTE300, 247w draw each, Total yield 475.1g or .63G/Watt
Grow 11 (2x Advanced LED first 30 days of flowering (247w each), 2x Budmaster COB-x-4 at 400w total) Total yield 327.7g or .81g/watt @ 400w, .65g/watt @500w)
Grow 12: 340W (2x Budmaster GOD-4, 170w draw each), Total yield 228g or .67 Grams/watt.
Grow 13 400w (2x Budmaster COB X 4, 200w each) Total yield 204.6g or .51 grams/watt

Well as far as this grow, its done, and it will provide me with some bud for the next few months while my seed project is underway and I will be starting my next grow soon running the budmaster Emerson panel. I really hope that next grow gets me back in the right direction as far as quality and yield because this last grow was far from my best, and I think I really need to put more "care" and "tlc" into it as over the last few months I just have not been as "excited" as usual. I think it will change with the upcomming seed project underway, as well as testing out the new BUDMASTER EMERSON FAR red panel so there are some new things to be excited about. I think its just my personality as I always max out 100% on things for a long time, get good at them and then just loose interest... I guess its just how my brain works... hopefully I can have some new strains soon with my seed project to run, as well as I can focus more on my grow this run. I promise the next one will be better :) Also I want to mention that the poor yield and all was not due to the lights, as the 1st time I ran the COBs at 30 days into flowering, they produced the best gram/watt I have had yet, so it says a lot about their potential. I really do think they are good lights, and I will have to redeem myself in the upcomming grow :) Oh well, have at least 8oz of smoke for the next few months to enjoy...

Sorry to hear about the disappointing yield, Brother, but they look like some nice buds and still beats paying some dude on a street corner! And, it sounds like you've done a good analysis so you know what you want to change on the next round. :thumb:

Also, for TD #6, I know some strains need cold weather to turn purple. Any chance it was just higher summer temps that kept it from purpling on this grow???

I'm looking forward to the next round! :welldone:

Sorry to hear about the disappointing yield, Brother, but they look like some nice buds and still beats paying some dude on a street corner! And, it sounds like you've done a good analysis so you know what you want to change on the next round. :thumb:

Also, for TD #6, I know some strains need cold weather to turn purple. Any chance it was just higher summer temps that kept it from purpling on this grow???

I'm looking forward to the next round! :welldone:

Yea I'm disappointed but still happy to smoke my home grown organic buds vs anyones that I don't know. :) too many shady growers spraying all kinds of undesirables on the buds here in Cali, since the market is still very underground without regulation. Actually one of the reasons I started growing as I just didn't trust buds from people I didn't know, and even some people I knew..lol

Yea I think the warm temps may have been why the purple tangie turned purple in the 2 previous grows but not this one. Either way I love the bud shape and form, but other than that, the buds just don't taste good, and lack pretty much most flavor, even though they do the trick and get ya high, just so many better strains and even my other 2 phenos that destroy this one. I'm curious how the black cherry soda x tangie 6 will turn out, as it will be the only variation of the genetics I keep. I just can't see making room for it when its really 3rd best to the other 2 phenos :)

I'm looking forward to this round upcomming round as well. I think that it will turn out much much better :) fingers crossed :)

Shoot Ice!

Sorry to hear about the results but at least you don't have a tent full of seeds :) I'm doing a double take on that Ogiesel. Those buds look amazing! So how will you remedy the Low light problem?

Shoot Ice!

Sorry to hear about the results but at least you don't have a tent full of seeds :) I'm doing a double take on that Ogiesel. Those buds look amazing! So how will you remedy the Low light problem?

I think that the low light issue was probably not the main reason this yield sucked, its cause I screwed up 2x in flowering, 1x when I foliar fed them and knew I shouldn't, stunted the girls and put them behind about 2 weeks, and then I did a major defoliation trying something new, I removed all the fan leaves and I think those are the main causes of the issues. I will be adding a 3rd light on the next grow, so I will be putting 3 of the lights in there which should help the grow do much better. I also am not going to wait so long to flower as the plants are just getting too tall which shades out the lower portions completely. I think the above mentioned plus my lack of excitement over the last grow contributed to the poor yield. Its funny that when you do something for a hobby, you enjoy it, but then when that hobby also becomes your job, it seems to make it less desirable, or at least in my case. If I was working for myself it would be a whole different story. I will do better next run. :) I can bet on it :)

I think that the low light issue was probably not the main reason this yield sucked, its cause I screwed up 2x in flowering, 1x when I foliar fed them and knew I shouldn't, stunted the girls and put them behind about 2 weeks, and then I did a major defoliation trying something new, I removed all the fan leaves and I think those are the main causes of the issues. I will be adding a 3rd light on the next grow, so I will be putting 3 of the lights in there which should help the grow do much better. I also am not going to wait so long to flower as the plants are just getting too tall which shades out the lower portions completely. I think the above mentioned plus my lack of excitement over the last grow contributed to the poor yield. Its funny that when you do something for a hobby, you enjoy it, but then when that hobby also becomes your job, it seems to make it less desirable, or at least in my case. If I was working for myself it would be a whole different story. I will do better next run. :) I can bet on it :)

Thank you so much for the thoughtful response brother Ice. I love your take on the whole thing. Sometimes you win - sometimes you lose.

Another light and you will really be kickin it Ice! Either way your buds look fantastic to me. I'm enjoying your ventures. :high-five:

Mmm interesting results Ice !

I'm not overly sure on what to think about at present ?

Your first few grows or so where mainly scrog hence a better yield for those who remember & i'm not totally sure at what point you switched to topping with several plants in the tent !

I think it is a change in grow method/style & perhaps over crowding which has effected yield ?

Might want to revisit scrog with led if ya catch my drift :thumb:

Mmm interesting results Ice !

I'm not overly sure on what to think about at present ?

Your first few grows or so where mainly scrog hence a better yield for those who remember & i'm not totally sure at what point you switched to topping with several plants in the tent !

I think it is a change in grow method/style & perhaps over crowding which has effected yield ?

Might want to revisit scrog with led if ya catch my drift :thumb:

It was something I did mid flowering this grow. It started with the foliar feeding of those AG Labs sprays that I swore not to use, and did it to get rid of them, instead of just dumping. Immediately next day after spraying them, the pistils were burned and red, burns on the leaves and the plants stalled for almost 2 weeks with very little growth.

Then I decided to try doing a heavy defoliation, which I have never done before. Usually around day 40-50 flowering I will do a mild defoliation to removed any leaves covering budsights, and this time I removed all the fan leaves..not really sure why I did, or what my goal was, but I think that also was a huge contributing factor to what happened.

I also used Botanicare Pro grow and bloom this grow which I have never used before, I always used earth juice and a few other additives so that also may have been a contributing factor.

You are right, scrogging definitely is the best way to go in my small tent, but also it is a pain to water, do plant maintenance, and also makes harvest a pain having to cut off each branch separately, so even though it looks amaing, and seems to have provided great yields, it also has a few tedious drawbacks.

Another thing that effected the grow was my plants were grown too large, and there were too many plants. In most of my past grows I started off running 6 plants, and then as things progressed and I aquired more strains, I started to get more plants going in the tent, until when I started the tangie seeds, in which I went from 6 to 8 plants. I think the lack of light penetration due to overcrowding also is a contributing factor.

I guess I just will have to take this a a learning mistake and not do any of the above mentioned things. I know I can do much better and these COB's should have rocked my grow like they did with the tangie pheno hunt, so I will just have to figure it out and be more careful next run. Hopefully I can finish up some of these seed projects and get rid of the strains I have on hand, which will add to the excitement of having new strains to smoke. Pretty sick of the ones I have currently as I have been running them for at least 1-2 years or more.

Really would like to get another cut of Thin mint cookies, as it was such a fun plant to grow. Also have some seeds that I would love to get started. wont be long :)

On a good note!!! Feminized Seed project update :)

Day 28 flowering (from the flip)

So the other day I noticed that when I moved my male black cherry soda, a poof of pollen came off the pollen sacks and I knew it was ready to pollinate the females. I cut one of the 3 main branches off the black cherry soda and rubbed it carefully on each of the buds of the female plants making sure that I saw pollen drop onto the flowers. This is probably the most messy way to do it since I'm sure pollen got all over the tent, but I will spray down the tent with water in a few days to deactivate any loose pollen, and I turned off all the fans to make sure that it didn't spread all over my room.

So moving forward to today. All of the female plants that had white pistils before being pollinated, now have turned orange. Every single bud (at least the tops) but also most of the lower bud nodes have turned orange which after doing some reading and asking a few people that are experienced, this is normal, and means that the pollen was received :) how cool! built in pollen indicators! haha

So today I grabbed a sandwich bag, cut the remaining branches off the male Black cherry soda, sealed the bag around the stem and flicked the pollen sacks in the bag with my finger over and over. This seemed to knock a good portion of pollen into the bag as it coated all the sides and some even gathered in the bottom. I don't have any flour at the moment, so I will have to get some, but for now I put the pollen in the bag into my freezer, so that hopefully I might be able to use it in the future if it doesn't go bad. If not, I will have feminized seeds anyways so I will be able to remake a male, and most likely may keep the BCS going until all the plants are crossed with each other, and I have made feminized seed backcrosses of each one. :)

My excitement has returned :)

Here are the pics of the newly pollinated
IMG_20160713_182954.jpg
IMG_20160713_182949.jpg
IMG_20160713_182710.jpg
IMG_20160713_182755.jpg
IMG_20160713_182806.jpg
IMG_20160713_182928.jpg
IMG_20160713_182936.jpg
IMG_20160713_182916.jpg
IMG_20160713_182910.jpg
IMG_20160713_182904.jpg