Icemud LED Grow Featuring The All New Budmaster COB Technology - White Full Spectrum

Re: Icemud LED Grow Featuring The All New Budmaster COB Technology - White Full Spect

So this week and weekend I have a to do list of things for my next grow. Since this journal is so long and contains quite a few grows I think I will be making a new journal for the upcomming grow, but I will finish the seed project in this one.

So things I need to do...

-transplant the new vegging plants from 2 gallon pots to 5 gallon plastics.
-get rid of the tangie 6 and fire og which I don't favor anymore. (other 2 tangies are much better)
-take apart the budmaster cobs and gods, and swap modulels to make hybrid or combo panels. I plan on doing the middle panel of the 3 that will be used in next grow with 1/2 cob, and 1/2 god, and the 2 side panels will only have 1 god module, and 3 cob modules. Ideally I would do 1/2 and 1/2, but my other GOD 4 is in use in the seed project tent currently.
-Hang all 3 lights, plus the Budmaster Emerson panel.
-Clone the 6 remaining plants: tangie 3, tangie 5, ogiesel, black cherry soda, harlequin, and black diamond og.
-Move all the newly transplanted plants into my flowering tent
-dump the old soil into my bin from last grow and re-amend it

Then sit back and relax and roll up some good buds from my last harvest and enjoy what remains of the weekend :)

Re: Icemud LED Grow Featuring The All New Budmaster COB Technology - White Full Spect

Congrats Ice!:cheer:

please let me know your new j location bro , sounda like you got a plan

Interesting plan Ice.

I look forwards to the next journal :thumb:

Ye i know what ya mean with scrog being a minor pain at times, i've toyed with the idea so many times but so static to work with...

I quite like a more free moving grow system easy to move about & work on etc.

Been experimenting with topping & lst training recently which seems to be working well but one plant virtual takes up about 60% of the space in my small tent.

Topped at the 5 th node with selective topping done at different times per node set of branches more or less, unfortunately the 1st & 2nd node set of branches performed poorly & perhaps over shadowing effected growth to which these where removed before flowering aprox 3 to 4 months of veg iirc.

Nice even open canopy at present with about 20 colas roughly, i'll see about some eye candy in the next few days if ya don't mind me posting a pic a in your journal bud.

Got around to some eye candy & a little teaser :thumb:

Yup ya have to excuse the string as i got some heavy colas at the moment some more string may well be needed ? ye topped at the 5 th node with the lower 1st & 2nd removed ! with each branch topped once at some point... really helps for stretch issues but longer veg is needed for regen of growth of some several inches before flowering to get those colas.

PICT000290.JPG

LST at work more likely late to mid veg when done & maintained during flowering this strain was quite flexible in the later stage & might not always get away with that !

PICT000376.JPG

Topping of each branch per node set main lateral stem & only looking at 3 was either down at first node of branch to 2nd or 3rd some smaller colas support the mass in general pic !

PICT000477.JPG
PICT000569.JPG

A little project be myself so a glimpse of what i do on the side just ironing stuff out before a journal... the strain is called berry bomb by bomb seeds which say this strain is good for sog & scrog, ye tested sog on mini scale with good results Mmm scrog not my cup of tea but topping 'n' lst is more flexible... i just wish i had scrog net to hold em up at the mount i'll improvise :thumb:

i missed a bit ice.

those girls are deff pollinated , good job ice , hey your crossing the bcherrysoda to the lot so the branch manouver is the go , cant wait to see you grow out the resulting plants mate , pumped

UPDATE TIME!!!!! Title: Caught me Far Red handed!

haha! Hey everyone, I hope you all are enjoying your weekend. Well as planned, and somewhat not planned I have the new grow tent set up and plant in :) Things went smoothly for the most part, so lets get into the details.

The lights:
My original plan was to put 3 of the "4 module" budmaster lights into the tent, along with the new budmaster emerson far red panel. With the 3 "4 mod" panels, I was going to remove 2 of the modules, and make 1/2 COB, and 1/2 GOD panels, by swapping the module around. The goal was to get a blend of both white COB and "blurple" light together on each panel, however things didn't go quite as planned. I was in the process of unscrewing the lenses on the GOD panel, and for whatever reason, I could not get the screws out, a few came loose and were removed, but a few did not want to budge, and the screws seemed to strip very easily. So after trying to get the lenses off and successfully stripping a screw in each lens of the GOD panel, I decided I was frustrated and that I would improvise to get a similar effect.

So I decided to not swap the modules, and just use the "4 module panels" as is, so I hung the GOD 4 in the middle of the tent, and a COB 4 on each side of it :) I switched on/off the lights one by one and they seemed to cover the entire tent somewhat, so even though not the particular blend I was looking for of COB/GOD, it still will work, and I will get to use both and see how they do together, as well as with the extra wattage how the plants will react. :) one task done :)

Then I was trying to figure out the best way to hang the all new Budmaster Emerson (Far red 730nm) LED so that it covered the entire tent, as well as fit since the other 3 lights pretty much covered the entire tent horizontally. I found the best was to hang it on the left side, on an angle which allowed for it to evenly cover all the plants with its Far Red lovelyness. :)

Since for this grow I will be testing out the flowering trigger effect with it, so I will be using the Emerson panel during flowering mostly, and letting it run 2 hours after lights out, but running a 14/10 flowering period. The theory is When Pr (phytochrome) absorbs a red photon, it rapidly changes into the active state of Pfr. When Pfr absorbs near infrared/far red light, it changes back to Pr. (inactive state). Pfr also will slowly change back into Pr, which occurs over the dark period. Over a long night, if the Pfr converts completely to Pr, then the plant will flower, however if the night is too short for all of the Pfr to convert to Pr, then the plant will stay in veg. This also happens if the night is interrupted, such as the Gas Lantern Routine (12-1).

So by using the Emerson LED at the end of each 14 hour day, this quickly will revert the phytochrome from PFr to PR, allowing for the plant to flower using 14 hours of daylight, which is what I intend on testing with this grow.

So now the plants:

So in my 3rd tent, I have had a copy of each of the plant strains that currently I have in veg. In total 8 plants were growing and they were: Black Cherry soda, Black Diamond OG, Ogiesel, Fire OG, Tangie #3, Tangie #5, Tangie #6 and Harlequin. Now after some debating over the last week, I decided that I really didn't like the Fire OG and the Tangie #6 as my goal is to have strains I absolutely love, and they just didn't do it for me. So after debating this back and forth I decided this was the end of the road for these 2 strains and they will not be making the cut for this next grow. I didn't want to make the same mistake and stuffing 8 plants into my tent as it really seems to do better with 6 allowing for more light distribution and a more open canopy so I culled those 2 strains today. ***I did cross both of these with my Black Cherry Soda in my seed project and currently do have them growing, so even though not as pure strain genetics, I will have crosses of them just to see what happens. I've run much better OG's in my past, so I plan on getting a new one soon, or getting a copy of GSC (thin mints) if I can find it again since I loved that strain. But for the time being we will focus on these 6 until my seed projects are done and I have feminized seeds of these 6 strains. :)

Now since they were in my 3rd tent, and I was using very little light, they grew really slow which was my goal, in order to allow time for the tent to be available, and so they didn't become rootbound before I could transplant them. So the timing was perfect as there was some root circling but not much. Now upon inspecting the girls, I noticed that I have a pretty bad Thrip problem, which I didn't even noticed since I don't check my 3rd tent too often. Not too worried as thrips seem pretty easy to take care of in veg, so I hit the plants 2 days ago with spinosad, some b1, and some SNS. I again sprayed them last night with the same formula, and so hopefully that eliminated the majority of them already, however I will continue to treat the plants for the next 2 weeks to make sure. I also did spray my seed project tent just as a precaution, however I didn't notice any thrip damage in there, so I think this tent was in the clear.

So today I took the plants from their 3 gallon plastic round pots and transplanted them to my 5 gallon square pots for their final resting place for this grow. I added some mycorrizae to the roots before adding the new soil, and then gave each pot 4 cups of plain r/o water to help ease any transplant stress.

I will give them another foliar spray of spinosad and SNS tonight when the lights come back on, just to kill any thrips that may have made it past the last to sprays, as well as any that might have came out after the transplant. I'm pretty sure that they will be gone within the next week if they aren't already. Spinosad works amazing on them. This is actually the first time I have had any pest issues in a while, so I was quite surprised, but luckily I already have all my management sprays ready.
IMG_20160716_101002.jpg

So other than that, not much else to report as of now. I still need to take clones of these 6 plants, but I am going to wait until they grow a little larger, as well as adjust to their new soil, and I have confirmed the thrips are gone as well. I probably will take clones in about 1-2 weeks, and then depending on how large these girls grow, then I will flip them to flowering probably within the next 3 weeks. I won't be doing any more topping or training as I topped these plants 1-2x already, and I dont want them too bushy where they overcrowd the tent so we will see how this goes. :)

I also plan on working on a firm nutrient/feeding regiment which I haven't done yet, and since I just picked up the botanicare pro blend as of last grow, I will continue to use them.

So I plan on doing a 4 part feeding, alternating between botanicare and earthjuice every 2 weeks, and the weeks inbetween will be plain waterings and compost teas. So I basically will start as of now with plain water, then botanicare, then compost tea, then earthjuice, then repeat... I think that if I do this and see how it pans out by the next 2 grows I will determine if this schedule is my ideal, or if I should try something different.

Here are the pics from today. I took a photo with each light on, showing how it spreads, as well as all on together.

BUDMASTER EMERSON FAR RED:

IMG_20160716_092428.jpg
IMG_20160716_100923.jpg
IMG_20160716_100934.jpg

BUDMASTER COB 4's
IMG_20160716_100949.jpg
IMG_20160716_100955.jpg

BUDMASTER GOD 4
IMG_20160716_100905.jpg

All ON:

IMG_20160716_092451.jpg
IMG_20160716_092502.jpg
IMG_20160716_100821.jpg
IMG_20160716_100828.jpg
IMG_20160716_100836.jpg
IMG_20160716_100841.jpg

Here is the Unboxing, Testing and Review Video of the lights I will be using in this grow, in case anyone who hasn't seen them wants to see that details:

BUDMASTER EMERSON LED

[video=youtube;5YFkS5a9tZY]
[/video]

BUDMASTER GOD 4:
[video=youtube_share;D-Xb1s9GOHM]
[/video]

BUDMASTER COB 4:
Icemud Grow Videos: BUDMASTER LED: COB-X-4 grow light: Unboxing Test and Review - YouTube

Interesting plan Ice.

I look forwards to the next journal :thumb:

Ye i know what ya mean with scrog being a minor pain at times, i've toyed with the idea so many times but so static to work with...

I quite like a more free moving grow system easy to move about & work on etc.

Been experimenting with topping & lst training recently which seems to be working well but one plant virtual takes up about 60% of the space in my small tent.

Topped at the 5 th node with selective topping done at different times per node set of branches more or less, unfortunately the 1st & 2nd node set of branches performed poorly & perhaps over shadowing effected growth to which these where removed before flowering aprox 3 to 4 months of veg iirc.

Nice even open canopy at present with about 20 colas roughly, i'll see about some eye candy in the next few days if ya don't mind me posting a pic a in your journal bud.

The Scrog crossed my mind today as I was setting up the garden. I will have to check but I think I lost a few pieces to the wood scrog frame that if I do decide to use it again I will most likely have to replace. Who knows, I might decide to pull it out for this grow, but I will have to check my storage unit for the pieces of it. If I find all of them I might :)

Its a love/hate relationship with the scrog. I love the even canopy, the yields, the fun of doing it, but it also has the pain of maintenance, constant labor, timing issues with plant growth and structure, and watering issues. Overall its a lot of fun though so I might do it.. still deciding :)

Also I like drying my plants in my tent now hanging full vs the old way of cardboard box, individual branches hanging from strings, so it also is why I haven't pulled out the old scrog, as each branch needs to be cut from the screen when harvesting... but we will see... :)

With growing there is always something new to learn. Keeps things interesting. And trying new things doesn't always work out but it's all part of the fun. BCS is a wonderful looking plant. I can see why you are crossing it out to everything.

That is for sure, the learning never stops as there are always new techniques, products, information, ideas...etc :) sometimes they work, sometimes not... but the fun is trying them all. I have to say that I'm feeling much better now that I have smoked some of the new harvest and its definitely very good and flavorful, so definitely got a few things right too :) haha :)

I love the BCS, the flavor is absolutely amazing, and its a pretty interesting plant on how it loves to act like a vine and get very branchy. I actually would love to try doing a large scrog with 1 or 2 of them in the future in 15 gallon pots ;) lol

I honestly can't wait to see how the crosses turn out, and will really be fun to experiment with the new flavors, and pheno hunt and then breed :) the grape fruit punch pink bubblegum flavor though is just something else :)

Got around to some eye candy & a little teaser :thumb:

Yup ya have to excuse the string as i got some heavy colas at the moment some more string may well be needed ? ye topped at the 5 th node with the lower 1st & 2nd removed ! with each branch topped once at some point... really helps for stretch issues but longer veg is needed for regen of growth of some several inches before flowering to get those colas.

A little project be myself so a glimpse of what i do on the side just ironing stuff out before a journal... the strain is called berry bomb by bomb seeds which say this strain is good for sog & scrog, ye tested sog on mini scale with good results Mmm scrog not my cup of tea but topping 'n' lst is more flexible... i just wish i had scrog net to hold em up at the mount i'll improvise :thumb:

I like how you trained them out, very large buds but a pretty small plant, very even bud formation and dense too! nice !

i missed a bit ice.

those girls are deff pollinated , good job ice , hey your crossing the bcherrysoda to the lot so the branch manouver is the go , cant wait to see you grow out the resulting plants mate , pumped

Yep, I wanted to make sure that I got as many of the top and lower buds coated with pollen so I can max out the amount of seeds I get. I waited a few days and then I sprayed down the tent with water to destroy any loose pollen. I also carefully removed the male BCS and cut the pollen sacks into a plastic bag, sealed the bag and flicked and shook the pollen out into the bag, then discarded the pollen sacks in a trash bag. I then put the pollen into the freezer.

It will be a little while before I start running the crosses, as I have quite a few more rounds to go with the seed projects, as I want to make feminized seeds of each of the 6 strains. Once I do then I will be able to have open room to start messing with the crosses and picking the best phenos for future breeding :) I really want to make a tangie x BCS x ogiesel as they are my 3 favorites I have. :) I also have a few seeds I would love to pop and get into the mix as well, assuming they germinate as they are fairly old.

I love reading your posts Icemud. Your enthusiasm is so infectious. + Reps for the whole page. Man! You worked hard today. :high-five:

You're doing great work, Ice! +REPS! :bravo:

Thank you Mr. Krip!

I love reading your posts Icemud. Your enthusiasm is so infectious. + Reps for the whole page. Man! You worked hard today. :high-five:

Hey Sweet Sue!! Thank you so much for spreading the Love! It feels good to knock things off the "to do" list :) especially when it comes to the garden :) Thanks for the reps and for stopping by! Hope all is well!

Wow, I just noticed that I was nominated for Member of the Month contest!!! wooo hoo! sweet! Thank you to whoever nominated me! I appreciate that greatly and it put a huge smile on my face today!

I've always loved your Grow Journals Ice...so detailed and informative. Thank you!

I've always loved your Grow Journals Ice...so detailed and informative. Thank you!

Thank you Tx420! and you are welcome! I always love to hear from others how they enjoy my work :) I definitely plan on continuing the trend of information, fun and new grows :)

Back
Top Bottom