Icemud's Grow 4.0 - High Brix Focus with Gas Lamp Routine - V-Scrog

Re: Icemud's Grow 4.0..High Brix focus with Gas Lamp Routine..V-Scrog

Looking great icemud!

Hope it is a cal/mag. I used to think it was N deff when it was Magnesium deff. So hopefully it will sort out for you.

What is in your soil mix on the veg tent? They are really healthy.

Looking great Ice. Loving the looks of the buds, they look really dense. :)

Except I didn't tell you to add Cal/Mag. Calcium Nitrate and CalMag aren't exactly the same. We'll see how it works!

The botanicare cal mag is 2-0-0 with calcium nitrate, magnesium nitrate and iron edta...this was the only product I had with calcium nitrate, the only reason I added the extra general organics cal/mag was because I remember reading that with HBX growing you want a 7:1 cal to mag ratio.. I am hoping it works too :) much appreciate your suggestion Doc!

The botanicare cal mag is 2-0-0 with calcium nitrate, magnesium nitrate and iron edta...this was the only product I had with calcium nitrate, the only reason I added the extra general organics cal/mag was because I remember reading that with HBX growing you want a 7:1 cal to mag ratio.. I am hoping it works too :) much appreciate your suggestion Doc!

I would have recommended top dressing with rock powders and using maybe 30mil per gallon of that, if it was all you had. But the humic acid alone might be enough to dislodge some NH4 from the soil.

I would have recommended top dressing with rock powders and using maybe 30mil per gallon of that, if it was all you had. But the humic acid alone might be enough to dislodge some NH4 from the soil.

I hope it helps :) Again Doc I much appreciate your expert advice :)

Wow,
Everything is looking so good Ice!
But that Skywalker?
faaaaaaaakk buddy...

this is way to advanced for my grow how. but its fun reading this info knowing if only i knew what it meant i could grow some amazing junk. im day 31 flower and i just cant see if im going to get thick solid nugs or not.. every where i look peoples buds are just INSANE and monsterous. hopefully they swell something chronic lol. ice amazing grow, its all looking ... speechless.

Hopefully one day I can actually understand what I read of Docbud's posts haha

Day 45 Flowering, just a quick photo and video update. I fed the girls a few days ago with some humic acid and cal mag with N (calcium nitrate) and so far no major changes for the better or worse. I will continue to watch them and see if I notice any changes in the plants over the next week until they are due for another watering. The soil is still pretty moist so I am going to give it at least 4-5 days before the next feeding.

Well here are the photos..

IMG_20130129_230541.jpg
IMG_20130129_230600.jpg
IMG_20130129_230607.jpg
IMG_20130129_230619.jpg
IMG_20130129_230640.jpg
IMG_20130129_230738.jpg
IMG_20130129_230759.jpg
IMG_20130129_230810.jpg
IMG_20130129_230822.jpg
IMG_20130129_230834.jpg
IMG_20130129_231416.jpg
IMG_20130129_231422.jpg
IMG_20130129_231428.jpg
IMG_20130129_231435.jpg
IMG_20130129_231442.jpg
IMG_20130129_231456.jpg

[video=youtube_share;hhjjy1xJL5g]
[/video]

[video=youtube_share;AvoVPjubVLI]
[/video]

Ice,

Your plants are completely awesome and I think your yield from 6 plants is amazing and has definitely changed the way I feel about growing.

To get what you're getting, I grow more then 16 plants using MG mix and watering with MG nutrients to which I add Ironite Plus (Ironite solved all my yellowing problems). I use a super 400 HPS plus many of the twisted 100 watt florescent (I don't remember what they're called).

I'm getting ready to clone (I switched to the GSR last week from 24 on for veg) and will try SCROG (first time I heard about it and GSR was when I found your journal) and a better soil mix.

I do have one question; are you using the string on your babies to start training them so it's easier to SCROG?

Thanks!
press

quick drive by...

Looking proper in that tent Ice!
:thumb:

Looking great Ice!!!! Man I can't get over what you produce in your Scrog ++reps if I can
:passitleft:

quick drive by...

Looking proper in that tent Ice!
:thumb:

Thanks everyone for the compliments!!! I am definitely stoked about this grow and hope that it continues to show me luv!!! I can't wait for more high brix herb to blaze!!

Ice,

Your plants are completely awesome and I think your yield from 6 plants is amazing and has definitely changed the way I feel about growing.

To get what you're getting, I grow more then 16 plants using MG mix and watering with MG nutrients to which I add Ironite Plus (Ironite solved all my yellowing problems). I use a super 400 HPS plus many of the twisted 100 watt florescent (I don't remember what they're called).

I'm getting ready to clone (I switched to the GSR last week from 24 on for veg) and will try SCROG (first time I heard about it and GSR was when I found your journal) and a better soil mix.

I do have one question; are you using the string on your babies to start training them so it's easier to SCROG?

Thanks!
press

It makes me so happy that my journal has inspired others and that I have helped people learn new ways or techniques of growing!! :) I definitely am one to love trying new techniques out to see there effects and both Scrog and Gas Lamp are definitely awesome techniques I would recommend to anyone :) As far as your question... I do whats called LST or Low Stress Training in early veg to form more tops for when the scrog screen comes into effect. LST works very well and is very similar to using a scrog screen, and the results are very similar :)

I wanted to post this video I found last night, I watched about 3/4 of it last night and will continue the rest tonight. It is focused on veggies and more towards commercial grows, but gives very good information about the soil biology, and how all the elements of a "living soil" work together to produce nutrients for plants, as well as many other good topics. I definitely thought it was a valuable find and I wanted to share..

[video=youtube_share;eGxjcxVMbsg]
[/video]

Back
Top Bottom