Icemud's How To Make Feminized Seeds Using Colloidal Silver

Wow that sucks Icemud, hopefully it'll still produce pollen. I've plucked a couple of sacks and cut them open to see if there was any pollen produced yet but no signs yet. Reading your post has got me a little bit worried hahaha. Would you by any chance have pics of the pollen sacks opening?

Looking amazing very interested in the whole process so will follow closely.

Do you notice a drop in odour of females that have been flipped to have male flowers. Jusf wo dering due to lack of buds thinking might lower odour?

Hey Fullyspectrum! well very glad to have you follow along.. unfortunately the strain I chose to make a male, was sterile, and produced no pollen, so unfortunately this attempt at making seeds will be postponed until next run. I still will continue to keep up this journal, all the way through finished, but as far as the ogiesel pollenating the rest of the plants, unfortunately I guess thats how it goes sometimes. :)

I did manage to try to use some old Black Cherry Soda Pollen over the weekend on the plants. I didn't have much left over, so we will see if anything happens, but if not, I still will have some nice buds to smoke :)

Hey Mudz
have to take a look after weeks not being here. alot going on in Nuggetland recently. New lights new plants <3
i have a question i hope you can answer for me and others.

so i plan to do a colloidal silver seed grow in the near future when the indoor plants are harvested, but they are just 4 days after the flip so this is not really near future :D i have 4x Nebula and 3x Atomical Haze. All clones that will need some more weeks to root. i am still not shure if i want pure nebula seeds and pure atomical seeds or if i want to take the pollen from strain 1 and put it on strain 2 to create a really nice mainly sativa cross. then i can repeat this step and hopefully get a stable and useful strain for my needs.

now this is where the ?! starts.
i am not shure what the differences could be when i compare
- Atomical Mom gets "pregnant" from Nebula
and
- Nebula Mom get "pollensacked" from Atomical Haze.

maybe you know more or can tell me where i can find that info. thanks alot

Its a great question and one I actually asked myself recently however I haven't had time to look into it yet. If I read your question right, you are wondering if you use Strain A and pollenate strain B with it, would there be a difference from if you took strain B and used it to pollenate strain A?

Great question, but as I said I don't know for sure, however I would guess that the ratios of probability would be virtually the same as either way you are combining 2 genetics, so the resulting offspring would still have the same random possibilitys either way I would assume. Still have to look this one up. If you find an answer first, feel free to write it here.

Wow that sucks Icemud, hopefully it'll still produce pollen. I've plucked a couple of sacks and cut them open to see if there was any pollen produced yet but no signs yet. Reading your post has got me a little bit worried hahaha. Would you by any chance have pics of the pollen sacks opening?

I wouldn't worry at all, having a sterile male like I have isn't common from what I have read, and relates to something genetically was messed up in the strain, or the genes carry this trait which could have been intentional too by the breeders of Ogiesel. Not sure. Ive read that Cali connection, the seed company that made ogiesel has had some issue with hermies and other things with other growers, so who really knows. I wouldn't worry though as I have used this process successfully with my black cherry soda, and many other growers use this same process. The sterile ogiesel is genetic and not common.

I dont know if I have any photos of them but when I get home I will look back at my black cherry soda grow and see if I have any photos. Basically the pods bust open into what looks like a flower shape in a way.

Yea you should be good to go as using colloidal silver works for many many growers. Its quite rare I came across this with my ogiesel, and I guess good to know that it can happen...
I am planning to use a small 1,7sqft tent for this task. I am quite not shure how careful i need to be if there are other female plants in the same room (wardrobe next to the tent) and how tall a plant that should carry about 100 seeds should be and how much light a grow like this would need. I think i want 2 different seedcarriers like said (AH x Nebula and Nebula x AH) because this kind of grow is a thing i would not want to do very often and i want to use this tent for one quick Autoflower that ripen up until i put my plants in the 6sqft wardrobe to flower.

How could i collect and spread the pollen precisely and avoid contamination onto unwanted plants?

My first journal What's That? - White Light - What Does It Do? - It Grows

Using that light My very first DIY COB fixture

How and when do you collect the pollen Icemud? Do you wait until the pollen sack looks like a bunch of nanners and start tweezing? After tweezing, opening up the nanners for the pollen?

Update time:
Day 46 flowering (from the flip).....

Well I hate to say it, but it looks like the black cherry soda pollen didn't take either, or was old or bad so none of the plants currently seem to be producing seeds. I may be surprised but by the look of everything I will just have some regualar seedless bud, which I guess is still a good thing overall. I'm bummed because I really wanted some feminized ogiesel seeds, but looks like I may have to figure out another plant for that. B

I will be doing anouther seed round right after this one is done, and I am deciding whether I am going to do my tangie, harlequin, or gdp as the next female to male reversal. I think that I mostly want to do GDP because I have searched for years trying to find this cut, so most likely that will be the top choice, however tangie is so dank that it deserves to be crossed with everything else. Harlequin is such an interesting and unusual genetic and being that it shares some hemp genes, very different terpene profile and high cbd, it also would make for an amazing cross, so we will see... but most likely it will be one of those that gets CS next :)

so stay tuned as we finish up this one and get another seed project going. :) I want to show you guys/gals that this process works, and sucks I picked a sterile plant to show with,... so hopefully you guys will stick around :) I probably will just continue on in this journal as it was fairly short and I want it to have a successful end LOL :)

For some reason my GDP was just looking really unealthy and was near dying so I flushed it really good over the weekend along with the taller of the tangies. The mix between all different genetics and 2 different soil blends has really been a challenge this grow to get everything happy and healthy so next seed project will be in the new soil mix... and should have beautiful results as well.

With this grow, a few of the plants are really looking good. The race fuel og is gaining girth nicely, the trainwreck is very very frosty, terpy and beautiful looking, the gg4 is also doing quite nicely. Still waiting on the driver to arrive from Budmaster so hopefully this week it will arrive and I can get the HPS 6 working at full power again, even though 5 of 6 modules is still kicking ass :)

Here are some photos :)

20170212_220931_HDR.jpg
20170212_220937_HDR.jpg
20170212_220939_HDR.jpg
20170212_220945_HDR.jpg
20170212_221047.jpg
20170212_221106.jpg
20170212_221114.jpg

don't give up on the ogiesel yet brother if the flowers are open just try to pluck it and place it on a flower upside down
maybe theres enough there to rub off, I been doing it that way for awhile I pluck the flowers from the cs plant and place it on the flower of the female, I don't notice pollen dropping all the time but I just keep going, the only problem I ever had was the plant didn't want to give male flowers when sprayed for a length of time with the cs. but if theres flowers there is still a chance
just my thoughts
and to the other question from seymore as far as space to do cs you can use 1 ft plants and end up with 100 plus seeds just off one plant
it doesn't take a whole lot of space, I'm doing it a box now that it 4 ft long about 16 inches deep less than 3 ft tall, its 4 ft long cause of the fluorescent fixture I'm using

Update time!!!!

Well, I'm sorry to say I don't have great news to share... and I feel terrible that I chose the 1 plant out of all my plants that was sterile, and I wasn't able to finish this seed project....BUT... the good news is... I"m about ready to start again... so don't walk away just yet...LOL

Today I made the executive decision to chop all the plants down, since the goal was to produce seeds, and none were produced why continue to finish the grow when I can just cut them all down and get a new one going right away.... so thats what I did..

I chopped all the plants down and hung them up.. mostly to dry them and "desmell" them slightly so they can be disposed of in the trash. The trainwreck actually looked like it was near finish anyways, so I might get a few good buds off the trainwreck and tangies to try, but overall just drying them out to make it easier and less obvious when I trash them.

So stay tuned to this journal as I get the next seed project started. Most likely I will be doing my GDP which I finally have in my garden and have been seeking forever but also I am considering my tangie or harlequin to be the "reversed male". It will be between those 3 that get reversed next grow, so only time will tell which I choose :)

After I clean out the tent, I will be transplanting most of the plants into 5 gallon pots that are already large (in my 3rd tent) and getting the remaining plants clones and rooted so they will be ready as soon as possible. :)

Stay tuned! I apologise that this grow didn't work out successfully, but like the saying goes, you can't win them all :) we will have seeds on this next project... bet!!!

I have just started using my fem pollen off my gdp on another clone of itself :thumb:
finally got a damn female

Update time!!!!

Well, I'm sorry to say I don't have great news to share... and I feel terrible that I chose the 1 plant out of all my plants that was sterile, and I wasn't able to finish this seed project....BUT... the good news is... I"m about ready to start again... so don't walk away just yet...LOL

Stay tuned! I apologise that this grow didn't work out successfully, but like the saying goes, you can't win them all :) we will have seeds on this next project... bet!!!

Don't feel bad, sometimes Nature throws a curve and we all understand
Don't let Mother Nature Push you around.

VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

With all that is going on in politics, and the uncertainty of the direction of federal cannabis enforcement, along with AG Jeff Sessions comments about enforcing federal law, as well as this week Sean Spicers comments on the probability of enforcement... I encourage each and every one of you to write you local government officials and push this bill through..... Protect state voter rights!!!

HB 975

H.R.975 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): Respect State Marijuana Laws Act of 2017 | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

115th CONGRESS
1st Session
H. R. 975

To amend the Controlled Substances Act to provide for a new rule regarding the application of the Act to marihuana, and for other purposes.
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
February 7, 2017

Mr. Rohrabacher (for himself, Mr. Cohen, Mr. Young of Alaska, Mr. Pocan, Mr. Yoho, Mr. Blumenauer, Mr. McClintock, Ms. Titus, Mr. Hunter, Mr. Polis, Mr. Amash, Ms. Lee, and Mr. Massie) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary, and in addition to the Committee on Energy and Commerce, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned
A BILL

To amend the Controlled Substances Act to provide for a new rule regarding the application of the Act to marihuana, and for other purposes.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. Short title.

This Act may be cited as the “Respect State Marijuana Laws Act of 2017”.

SEC. 2. Rule regarding application to marihuana.

Part G of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 801 et seq.) is amended by adding at the end the following:

“SEC. 710. Rule regarding application to marihuana.

“Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the provisions of this subchapter related to marihuana shall not apply to any person acting in compliance with State laws relating to the production, possession, distribution, dispensation, administration, or delivery of marihuana.”.

Hey everyone! Sorry its been a minute since my last update in this journal... still getting all my plants cloned and ready for the next round of my seed projects. I'm still debating on which strains to do next, and I am considering 3 strains. Tangie, Harlequin and GDP.

GDP: absolutely one of my favorite strains, and I've searched for a long time to find a good cut of it. The downside is I still haven't flowered this cut out fully, and even though the leaves and bud formation seem to look right, It would be a flip of a coin to breed with it until I know if its legit or not... I am currently flowering one in my other journal and its on day 17, so about 1 month or so from now and we will know for sure... unfortunately I hope to have my seed project started sooner than that... (space allowing)

Harlequin: I was just reading an article about how todays weed is much stronger and the ratio of thc to cbd has been bred out of wack, where most strains CBD is non existant or virtually none. They have seen some cases of todays high thc cannabis causing psycosis in people, well not causing it but being the catalyst to bringing it out. CBD is an antipsycotic and supresses the effects of THC in that manner. I was thinking since I have a CBD strain, it would be nice to breed CBD back into all the strains I have as it would make a much more full spectrum product, so I am strongly considering this as an option.

Tangie: This is probably my most potently terpy strain that I have, and both #3 and #5 phenos have it. I am starting to like pheno #3 more as its the most terpy of both, has a very low leaf to bud ratio which makes it a breeze to trim, and quike frankly I've been growing it for some time now and I'm sort of getting sick of the orange flavor....LOL I also need to make room in my garden and reduce my plant counts. I also think since I have 2 desired phenos out of a 8 seed phenohunt, that have been grown a few times and proven their worth and stability, I think a cross of them would be interesting.

so that is my dilema.. but I still have some time to sort it out as I still have to take cuttings of the Harlequin, both Tangies, Black Cherry Soda, trainwreck and have candyland in the humidity dome waiting on roots.

Today I also put some clones that had rooted into 3 gallon soil pots and into my 3rd tent. I potted
2x GDP (possible contender to be reversed next seed project, which is why 2nd one),
2x Ogiesel (missing from my upcomming seed project which is why 2),
2x Mendo Grape Kush(missing from my upcomming seed project which is why 2),
1x Gorilla Glue

So here are some photos of what is to come :)

20170315_221433.jpg
20170315_221441.jpg
20170315_221448.jpg
20170315_221520.jpg
20170315_221526.jpg
20170315_222106.jpg
20170315_222111.jpg

Hi Icemud, I was just looking around at old threads and noticed you weighing in about EarthJuice nutrients. I just switched over. Was wondering if you had any recipes or dosing recommendations? Also cool that you're doing feminized seeds, I am getting ready to do that as well.

Tangie is a pretty potent strain, it gets some of the highest numbers on lab results that I've seen around here. I can't say that I remember smoking it though...

Hi Icemud, I was just looking around at old threads and noticed you weighing in about EarthJuice nutrients. I just switched over. Was wondering if you had any recipes or dosing recommendations? Also cool that you're doing feminized seeds, I am getting ready to do that as well.

Tangie is a pretty potent strain, it gets some of the highest numbers on lab results that I've seen around here. I can't say that I remember smoking it though...

Hey TheFertilize!

Yea I still am using Earthjuice and still pretty happy with it. I was sold on earthjuice for 2 reasons, 1 was the amazing side by side study here on 420 magazine... A top nutrient study: Which is the best? Produces most?

and the other was a buddy from Norcal that does both indoor and outdoor. He had some of the most amazing blue dream I had ever tasted so I started asking him what he was using and sure enough it was earthjuice...

So ever since my 1st grow here at 420 mag Ive been sold on earthjuice and so far its produced amazing results. I do use the original 5 part line, and make teas which are bubbled for 48 hours which usually brings the PH right to the perfect range, so adjustments aren't necessary.

I do use other products as well, but earthjuice always has made my plants happy.

Pretty much for the full grow I use:

40-80ml of grow (per 5 gallons)
40-80ml of bloom (per 5 gallons)
40ml of microblast
40ml of catalyst
40ml of meta K

generally in bloom I do 80ml of bloom, 40ml of grow, and reverse it for veg. I also sometimes will use microbe products, enzymes, hydrolyzed fish, humic acid and some other additives, but EJ still remains my go to.

Tangie is an amazing strain, very very potent terpene smell and flavor which is why its favored by a lot of extract companies and has won numerous awards because of the flavor. Basically it ranges from a more pungent orange rind smell to a more buttery sweet citrus orange smell and is a hardy plant. I definitely will be using it in the near future for breeding :)

Back
Top Bottom