Icemud's Intelligent Gro 2 LED Grow With V-Scrog - Going for 1lb & Beyond!

re: Icemud's Intelligent Gro 2 LED Grow With V-Scrog - Going for 1lb & Beyond!

as a slow but steady chant begins to rise throughout the crowd: Icemud!icemud!!icemud!!! growing in volume, and intensity with each passing scrog plant. Suddenly silence falls, and an ominous wail is heard... DRY YIELDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

=p it all looks lovely man, you keep knocking it out of the park. We are all with you, waiting for those totals ^.^

Haha :) love it! you put a grin on my face ear to ear :) thanks :)

I will have them posted as soon as the BCC and Harlequin are dry... the BCC should be in about 2-3 days and harlequin probably about 5 days. The humidity came back to normal around 50-60% so they are drying much slower and steady now...whew... dodged a bullet with that week of 10% humidity :)

Also want to mention that i am getting slight purple on my buds as well. The strains I'm growing really don't have purple in their lineage.

Yeah I am not really sure why they purpled on one side, not all of them but just some of the buds... I think it may be that the plant is producing more anthocyanin which makes the purple coloring... this is just my guess but anthocyanin typically is there as a protectent against UV and blue/green light and being that these lights are full spectrum with UV, they may be contributing to this effect. I also remember seeing this when I used my Ceramic Metal Halide which was full spectrum, but again its just a guess :)

Congratulations on your harvest! Have you grown any of the same genetics with other lights to evaluate the Foxtailing on the buds? If you have grown the same genetics with other lights have can you compare and evaluate the amount of Foxtailing on your buds at the same days of flower?

Hey KingJohnC!

Thank you! So far this grow has been a complete success :)

Yeah, the foxtailing... I noticed it too, especially on the Black Cherry Cola..

I did run these strains last grow under the Generation 1 Intelligent Gro lights (different spectrum) and they did not foxtail at all. But they did this grow... So its definitely not a genetic trait to the strains or I would have seen it last time too. I haven't looked into foxtailing much and I am not really sure why that sometimes strains do this... I had one other strain foxtail like crazy and it was Blue Dragon on my very first grow....

I will have to read into foxtailing further to draw a conclusion. :)

My last 2 journals in my sig are with the same strains....BTW :)

Hey everyone...

So today I was busy trimming the last plant down, my Harlequin.... I can tell that she really gained a lot of weight over the past few weeks and she has some very fat chunky cola's on her :) Trimming was a little bit of a pain as over the last few weeks I have been feeding nothing but water, so a lot of the fan/shade leaves died off, but I took off all the dead material and the buds looked amazing.

The smell of Harlequin is probably one of the weirdest strains I have ever had.... its like if you mixed asphalt, hot rubber and new car scent with a touch of skunk....that is what she smells like...

Very very trichome covered strain and what I found really odd is that the harlequin had cloudy trichomes through most of flowering, not just towards the end. I did read somewhere else that high CBD strains do tend to show that trait sometimes but makes it hard to judge when they are ready vs other strains we judge by the thc in the trichomes. Anyhow I judged on calyx size and swelling, pistil color and structure and time and I think she was due :)

So I am very very impressed so far at the yield I pulled, well visually it looks amazing :) I should have the final dry weights up sometime early next week as well as some nice dry/curing bud shots and my full review.

Here are the photos of taking down the Harlequin...

IMG_0001225.JPG
IMG_0002234.JPG
IMG_0003247.JPG
IMG_0004237.JPG
IMG_0005233.JPG
IMG_0006220.JPG
IMG_0007201.JPG
IMG_0009196.JPG
IMG_0010193.JPG
IMG_0011174.JPG
IMG_0012157.JPG
IMG_0013160.JPG
IMG_0014148.JPG
IMG_0015152.JPG
IMG_0016142.JPG

:cheer::cheer:Congratz on all of your harvests Ice, :bravo::bravo::bravo: you did one heck of a job man.

Beautiful harvest, icemud, congratulations! :)

That's a lot of fat buds! Grats

either you're scarface or that surface is covered in thc haha

:cheer::cheer:Congratz on all of your harvests Ice, :bravo::bravo::bravo: you did one heck of a job man.

Thank you Thank you!!!

I so much appreciate you guys/gals following along my journal, cheering me on and keeping it active! It makes it fun to have an audience and I really enjoy doing the journals and helping to share what I know, and what I learn, as well as learning from all of you :) I really appreciate all of you and of course the 420 Mag forum and staff as well for making this the best online growing community ever :)

<<<wipes the brown off my nose...LOL haha j/k seriously though I love these forums and all you members :)

Thank you so much for your kindness, comments, and for following along and I am happy to do these test grows for all of you to see if these LED's live up to their claims :)

I also have a new exciting one in store, but not ready to expose the details just yet :)

Is Ice going Platinum?? :) just ask'n..

Good guess but nope... even better IMO :)

Hey Everyone!! Update time...

So the Black Cherry Cola was dry and ready for curing so I cut all the buds off the branches and weighted them. I gotta say wow does this strain have a very strong aroma... Its hard to place but I would say its like actual black cherry soda pop, mixed with some cherries, blueberries and other fruits... very fruity smelling almost cherry grape :)

I am pretty impressed with the yield and overall very impressed with the quality of the buds... I can't say if they are better or the same as last run under the Gen 1 panels in quality, but the buds definitely smell the same, but exhibit a lot of foxtailing this grow where they didn't last one. I really am not sure what causes foxtailing but it looks pretty cool and the foxtails are covered in trichomes :) so its all good in my hood :)

So here are the dry weights for the Black Cherry Cola's...

Plant 1: 75.6g or almost 3 oz
Plant 2: 65.2g or about 2 1/3 oz

Total for the BCC together is 140.8g....

Total so far when added to the mystery kush's is 305.6g and I still have my harlequin to go. I don't think I am going to hit the 1lb mark as it has been my goal ever since my 1st 2 grows.... which both were over 1lb.. but also they were fed nutrients on a per feeding basis and the quality was no where near what I am doing now, 3 years later :) As I have mentioned before, yield is not super important and I will take quality any day over quantity...but having goals is also a good thing and a challenge :)

So right now I sit at 305g or roughly 12.2 oz....

My guess is that my harlequin will bring around 2 oz total... but there were lots of very chunky buds on their so I may be surprised. I don't think it is going to be over the 3.8 oz I need to reach 1lb though... but will be very close :)

As I had mentioned a week or 2 ago, that this grow resembled my 1000w hid grows quite a bit... well here are how my past grows ended up...

Grow 1: 1000w HID (400w CMH + 600w HPS) Total yield 574g or .57 grams/watt
Grow 2: 1000w HID (400w CMH + 600w HPS) Total yield 547g or .55 grams/watt
Grow 3: 1000w HID (400w CMH + 600w HPS) No Yield Data (Powder Mildew took over)
Grow 4: 1000w HID (400w CMH + 600w HPS) Total yield 325g or .33 grams/watt
Grow 5: 580w (400w CMH + Mars II 400w) Total yield 245g or .42 grams/watt
Grow 6: 540w HID (3x Mars II 400w models) Total yield 308g or .57 grams/watt
Grow 7: Under 300w (2x Intelligent Gro, GEN1, 180w each on dimmer) Total yield 191g or .63 grams/watt
Grow 8: 3x Intelligent Gro, GEN2, 180w draw each, Total yield 305.6g + ???? or > .54g/w... with 2 oz guess it would be .66grams/watt

So..... it is just a matter of a day or 2 and I will have the grand total.... but its safe to say at this point that Intelligent Gro LED so far has provided me with the best Grams/Watt efficiencies in all of my grows....

Here are todays photos of the Black Cherry Cola getting jarred :) and some close ups :)

IMG_0001226.JPG
IMG_0002235.JPG
IMG_0003248.JPG
IMG_0004238.JPG
IMG_0005234.JPG
IMG_0006221.JPG
IMG_0007202.JPG
IMG_0008203.JPG
IMG_0009197.JPG
IMG_0010194.JPG
IMG_0011175.JPG
IMG_0012158.JPG

Awesome icemud :). Enjoy the fruits of your (labor? Nah) love :)

Beautiful beautiful harvest ICE!!! Congrats are definitely in order!!! I am not to far from harvesting right behind ya. What technic do you use to dry your buds? Thanks again and congrats!

Great journal and GREAT HARVEST +REP

Nice harvest and lots of info for us all to absorb. thanks for being there.

Great Finish! like you said the weather has been facking crazy lately!! Awesome Job I cant wait to get started I have just about everything, I just need some money, and some rest and get my body running a bit better hehe..

Great Job Brudda!!!!!! who knows maybe the Harl will finish really strong.

Icemud, congratulations on your beautiful harvest! :thumb:

Thanks DrZiggy!!!!

Awesome icemud :). Enjoy the fruits of your (labor? Nah) love :)

So far I have tried both of them an let me just say.... Yummmmmmm :)

Beautiful beautiful harvest ICE!!! Congrats are definitely in order!!! I am not to far from harvesting right behind ya. What technic do you use to dry your buds? Thanks again and congrats!

Thank you so much wreched! I cut off stalks about 8-12" in length, I wash them in the 2 part wash, and then hang them to dry. When the buds feel crispy on the outside and have lost about 80% of the water weight, then usually is when I put them in jars and start burping them. I burp them until the buds do not "remoisten" when the jar is closed, and at that point then I just keep them jarred for 3 weeks, opening about 1-2x per week (after the first week).

Great journal and GREAT HARVEST +REP

Thank you so much Sir Grow Alot!

Nice harvest and lots of info for us all to absorb. thanks for being there.

Hey SBG!!! Thank you and it was my pleasure :)

Great Finish! like you said the weather has been facking crazy lately!! Awesome Job I cant wait to get started I have just about everything, I just need some money, and some rest and get my body running a bit better hehe..

Great Job Brudda!!!!!! who knows maybe the Harl will finish really strong.

I hope you get that rest and $$ you need :) I am thinking that the Harlequin might surprise me, there were some huge chunky buds on there... but I know it also is a more airy strain so we will see :)

WOW!!! Outstanding Icemud. I'll be checking in for your next journal.

Back
Top Bottom