I'm Trying To Grow Pound Plants

Yeah when you mix it all up, mix the silica first alone with the plain water and get it really shaken in really well. Then add any calimag and mix, then add other nutes one at a time and mix well before each addition and you should be good with it all mixing and not locking out.

You sound like a hydro guy. Thats how i do it in RDWC. Since im in soil this time i just do everything separately. The only other nutrient i separate, and this wont apply to a lot of people, is I take care when applying micro nutes, they dont play nice either

You sound like a hydro guy. Thats how i do it in RDWC. Since im in soil this time i just do everything separately. The only other nutrient i separate, and this wont apply to a lot of people, is I take care when applying micro nutes, they dont play nice either
the fox farm big bloom is micro nutes...

the white rhinos are getting big, like really big for their 1 gallon smart pot. the veg space is really small not sure how long ill be able to keep them in veg.what should i do?
In your opinion are you ready for flower? Any more than 1 plant in your space is gonna be a lot Sounds like some need to be transplanted at the very least.

In your opinion are you ready for flower? Any more than 1 plant in your space is gonna be a lot Sounds like some need to be transplanted at the very least.
Your plants may double in size in the beginning of flower. A sativa might be a problem for you. I didnt look to see what type your plants are. In my opinion youll need to flip soon.

yeah, they went through the water i gave them in 2 days and its bone dry lmao.

the other onelooks exactly like this one, too lazy to get pics of the other these white rhinos produce a beatiful mainline though for sure

super close node spacing, i have cleaned every other node so they are all on a horizontal plane

the 10 gallon in the tent is original glue, the 2 in soil outside the tent are white rhino, i think the glue is sativa leaning hybrid and the rhino is indica leaning

Your plants may double in size in the beginning of flower. A sativa might be a problem for you. I didnt look to see what type your plants are. In my opinion youll need to flip soon.

think maybe i can make a mother plant from the better looking of the two outside the tent, and flower the other one when i do the one in the tent
how long can i keep them in 1 gallon? will they get root bound in the smart pots? i thought that they wouldnt, but i have the feeling they both are, the entire soil is a solid piece that will slide right out of the pot

if i transplant one of the rhinos into a 3 gallon airpot i think it might be tall and skinny enough to fit in the conrner maybe, i times this all wrong, i didnt expect them to grow so fast. just goes to show how much my first grow was slow because i had no clue wtf i was doing

yeah, they went through the water i gave them in 2 days and its bone dry lmao.

the other onelooks exactly like this one, too lazy to get pics of the other these white rhinos produce a beatiful mainline though for sure

super close node spacing, i have cleaned every other node so they are all on a horizontal plane

the 10 gallon in the tent is original glue, the 2 in soil outside the tent are white rhino, i think the glue is sativa leaning hybrid and the rhino is indica leaning
Looks good. Ive never trained anything like this. Its interesting to see.

Will you have room for all the pots once they are transplanted?

Looks good. Ive never trained anything like this. Its interesting to see.

Will you have room for all the pots once they are transplanted?
its lights out in the tent, im going to check tomorrow when theyre back on, i think i can fit the one gallon in there lol, i dont know if any of the other size pots i have would fit, i have to have it on a saucer because they are all air pots and smart pots

think maybe i can make a mother plant from the better looking of the two outside the tent, and flower the other one when i do the one in the tent
how long can i keep them in 1 gallon? will they get root bound in the smart pots? i thought that they wouldnt, but i have the feeling they both are, the entire soil is a solid piece that will slide right out of the pot

if i transplant one of the rhinos into a 3 gallon airpot i think it might be tall and skinny enough to fit in the conrner maybe, i times this all wrong, i didnt expect them to grow so fast. just goes to show how much my first grow was slow because i had no clue wtf i was doing
They will definately get root bound by the time flowering heats up, then its too late. An air pot is cool for something called air pruning. The roots stretch to the side of the pot then die off, this causes the roots behind to split off and get bigger. You mat not see the roots of a bound plant in a hard pot, but the remaining grow media will be full of roots.

I physically help a father and son team on their two grows. One is in a greenhouse. Last time i went out there the kid had 18 plants in a 10x12 space. 6 of them were headhigh. We destroyed 12 sour Jack to make sure the 6 Northern Lights, the plants ready for flower, had a chance... learning can be a bitch and we ALL go through it

its lights out in the tent, im going to check tomorrow when theyre back on, i think i can fit the one gallon in there lol, i dont know if any of the other size pots i have would fit, i have to have it on a saucer because they are all air pots and smart pots
You gotta do what you gotta do. Its a good space for one plant. I can relate with my little 3x3 closet. I have to tell you ive always done well in there though. Ive always yielded at LEAST 5oz from one plant. the lighting is super easy, environment is sorted out with 2 inline fans, 1 in 1 out on repeat timers. Its plug and play.

What is the largest air pot you can fit in there? Can you do a 20 gallon? Maybe bigger? Put the two plants together in the biggest you can get and it will maximize the space. Ive even seen square air pots. That would be the best way to help your situation

They will definately get root bound by the time flowering heats up, then its too late. An air pot is cool for something called air pruning. The roots stretch to the side of the pot then die off, this causes the roots behind to split off and get bigger. You mat not see the roots of a bound plant in a hard pot, but the remaining grow media will be full of roots.

I physically help a father and son team on their two grows. One is in a greenhouse. Last time i went out there the kid had 18 plants in a 10x12 space. 6 of them were headhigh. We destroyed 12 sour Jack to make sure the 6 Northern Lights, the plants ready for flower, had a chance... learning can be a bitch and we ALL go through it
dont they air prune in fabric smart
pots though? the soil
isnt tight up against the fabric, its has compacted
into a
big soil sponge if you know what im saying, theres play in the side of the edges of the cloth pots

dont they air prune in fabric smart
pots though? the soil
isnt tight up against the fabric, its has compacted
into a
big soil sponge if you know what im saying, theres play in the side of the edges of the cloth pots
Sounds like they are bound. Ive never seen that

Ive only grown a 1 pound plant once. That season i had 2 plants in a RDWC. One weighed out to almost 11oz the other was a bit over 16oz. 2 plants 27 ounces. The strain was supposed to be Lemon Skunk from DNA. One smelled and tasted like berries, the other was more of a diesel, no lemon no skunk. I vegged for 4 months. I used two 400watt Black Dogs and a CMH. Here are pictures from that grow

Its cool to say youve grown a pound indoors, but rarely is the quality as good as a plant of half the weight. Mine started to foxtail a bit and the buds loosened up a little at the top. I didnt use a finished or bud hardener at the end of flower, i think that might have helped. Could have easily helped the weight

is it possible the quantum board is literally burning spots on my new shoots? i have found a couple spots where it looks like pieces of leaf are gone, looks more burned than a bug, but not sure.
are there insects that just cut up leaves?
Quantum boards are strong, but not that strong. Look for bugs under the leaves and in the crotches of the stems. Its possible what youre seeing is just places where you might have been a little rough with the plant. If it gets worse and, its a bug, a spray called Azamax will normally sort it out.

Here are a couple shots of my closet and its plant

Quantum boards are strong, but not that strong. Look for bugs under the leaves and in the crotches of the stems. Its possible what youre seeing is just places where you might have been a little rough with the plant. If it gets worse and, its a bug, a spray called Azamax will normally sort it out.

Here are a couple shots of my closet and its plant

ive been doing a preventative neem spray and also rotating a mosquito dunk and botanigard es in waterings.
its weird, when the plant was first growing, a few leaves on the left side of the plant were deformed, for lack of a better term, the edges were crinkled and there were some mishapen leaves.
in a past grow i have sprayed neem and foliar fed with the lights on, and the spots look like the burns from water droplets being on the leaves under the led lights.
my assumption is condensation built up water droplets on the new shoots( while they were “pressed” together growing out, and then as they met the direct light from the quantum board it burned a chunk off of the small leaf, which became noticeable when the leaf got bigger. you know what i mean?
i have low humidity, its only around 35% so maybe the difference between the plant leaf transpiring and the low hunidity is causing the condensation? does that maybe sound plausible?
i defoliate alot of leaves that are touching, because i will find dew built up when the leaves touch, then it burns under the lights.
thats part of the reason i was posting about how high, or low a light intensity i can use.
i only noticed it yesterday, which coincedentally i turned the light intensity up a few days ago

Back
Top Bottom