In The Lab

Product Announcement

As of about a week ago, I began shipping a new formulation of DeStress and Tranpslant. I didn't think this would happen until now, but I got a shipment of the new stuff in earlier than expected.

Transplant no longer has Chilean Nitrate and now has Calcium Nitrate added to the fishy fert base. Use it the same as always.

DeStress, on the other hand is a new and better formulation and is now used at 1/2 oz per quart! Please do not mix it at 1oz anymore!

Depending on how things go, I may reduce the amount of DeStress in the kit and increase the amount of something else like Transplant or Tea. That remains to be seen, but it's a possibility.

In the meantime, please remember 1/2 oz per quart on DeStress!

Product Announcement

As of about a week ago, I began shipping a new formulation of DeStress and Tranpslant. I didn't think this would happen until now, but I got a shipment of the new stuff in earlier than expected.

Transplant no longer has Chilean Nitrate and now has Calcium Nitrate added to the fishy fert base. Use it the same as always.

DeStress, on the other hand is a new and better formulation and is now used at 1/2 oz per quart! Please do not mix it at 1oz anymore!

Depending on how things go, I may reduce the amount of DeStress in the kit and increase the amount of something else like Transplant or Tea. That remains to be seen, but it's a possibility.

In the meantime, please remember 1/2 oz per quart on DeStress!

Thank you Doc for fine tuning the Kit!

Loving the kit, doc, and the ongoing tuning. Its really exciting to watch, learn, and grow with your stuff. I have been quiet about using your kit, because I started my plants in plain potting soil, upcanned to 1gal. of half-baked kit soil, and only recently upcanned to 7 gal of properly prepared DBHBB soil. I suppose I can say I'm growing in kit soil now, or can I? The plants seem to think so, even though their environment would make you shudder. :grin:Either way its cause to smoke a fatty and have a party, I'd say.:thanks::woohoo::party::blunt::peace::passitleft:

I do have one minor criticism. The shapes of the containers for the tea, foliars, and drenches, are wrong for the container size and the amounts typically required for an application. I see that you've modelled them after the farm sized bottles, but there are very good reasons why manufacturers choose different shapes for different sized containers.

The good news is, you don't have to do any research. Most of the kit liquids are low viscosity. Check out the condiment aisle in your supermarket. Look at the mass producers of something that comes in a wide range of sizes. Vinegar comes to mind. They change shape for every size. Lots of time and money was spent coming up with those shapes. The gallon ones are shaped like your kit bottles, the small ones are shaped quite differently.

Now this new transplant formula. Is it a higher viscosity, like the Chilean nitrate stuff I have? If so, I would consider looking at small containers of a thicker fluid, then copy that, before mass marketing. Nothing comparable comes to mind right now, but it's late. its almost like a light syrup, but not so viscous. Hmmm...

Anyhow, keep up the good work! If you can grow your business as well as you grow cannabis, you'll be a very wealthy man soon.

Thanks again!

If I was to pile onto the container wish list, it would be for waterproof labels. After a while mine all look the same (gone). Maybe I'm a slob but seem to have a little product run down the side when I pour. If I rinse it off, the labels don't last too long. I use a permanent marker and write on the plastic. This is absolutely not a big deal. Just an idea since it is a cool logo.

fwiw I think the bottle shapes are great, not sure I understand the criticism, but guessing poster has insider knowledge of the plastic container world.

Lol ... not really ... I did work in food processing for a while, where they get pretty geeky about such things.

The kit containers are shaped like 1 gal. oil jugs. When they package a quart of oil, they keep most of the height so that its still easy to pour smoothly. To easily dispense even smaller amounts, I think a container with a long neck, like one used for smaller vinegar bottles, would make pouring smoother.

In short, Its too easy to tip the current bottles into glug glug glug mode.

:peace::passitleft:

That's why I use a 10ML graduated syringe with a couple inches of air-line tubing stuck on the end. I can get into all the little corners of those bottles and get accurate measurements at the same time. Wasn't my idea though. My hydro=store guy suggested it. Works the charm.

:cool:

If I was to pile onto the container wish list, it would be for waterproof labels. After a while mine all look the same (gone). Maybe I'm a slob but seem to have a little product run down the side when I pour. If I rinse it off, the labels don't last too long. I use a permanent marker and write on the plastic. This is absolutely not a big deal. Just an idea since it is a cool logo.

I use a permanent marker, Sharpie, to label the bottles :)

Hi Doc. Have you heard of Kangen water? Ionized water with different ph settings. I have a Kangen machine at my house and it has a 6 ph water setting on it. Would this water be ok for the kit or should I buy a separated ro system for the kit. I know you say not to ph. Thanks

Hi Doc. Have you heard of Kangen water? Ionized water with different ph settings. I have a Kangen machine at my house and it has a 6 ph water setting on it. Would this water be ok for the kit or should I buy a separated ro system for the kit. I know you say not to ph. Thanks

Kangen is designed to Alkalyze the water.....raise the pH. I don't know what minerals are put in to do that, or which ones it takes out to get to 6. Test the PPM of the water, if it's below 150 or so you'll be fine, except if it substitutes sodium back in for other minerals your soil won't last as many rounds.

Back
Top Bottom