In The Lab

Doc, what do you know about taking readings in high temps? How does it influence the outcome? Grey just told me it goes 20% up and out of norm usually, and it's reasonable. I just cannot influence temps here, and wish I knew how to guess the close estimate from 22 in my conditions.

Doc, what do you know about taking readings in high temps? How does it influence the outcome? Grey just told me it goes 20% up and out of norm usually, and it's reasonable. I just cannot influence temps here, and wish I knew how to guess the close estimate from 22 in my conditions.

A good refractometer is temperature compensated. As long as the instrument is the same temp as the test material, the readings are pretty accurate.

Trouble spots:

Calibrating a "hot" refractometer with cold water.
Using a cold refractometer to test warm/hot samples.

The best practice is to leave some water outside for a bit, calibrate and then test the tissue. Calibration shows an adjustment is needed about 10% of the time in my experience.

So I guess it was around 20 in the end. Hmm I read somewhere about the temperature of the sample, especially cold one, could affect the reading. But no, my refractometer is kept in room temperature and the leaf was fresh. Brix were definitely upped by the last feeding with lithothamnium, and sun temps outside, I've been also cutting the water supply for three days. Thx Doc.

So I guess it was around 20 in the end. Hmm I read somewhere about the temperature of the sample, especially cold one, could affect the reading. But no, my refractometer is kept in room temperature and the leaf was fresh. Brix were definitely upped by the last feeding with lithothamnium, and sun temps outside, I've been also cutting the water supply for three days. Thx Doc.

That makes sense, Conrad'

You've got that lovely Italian volcanic soil and sunshine. 18 is my best reading every under wimpy indoor lighting. I think with the sun you should be able to beat that pretty good!

That must be UNBELIEVABLY good bud bro.

It's a SoCal strain called Aurora Ultra (O.G. Kush/MK Ultra x Aurora Indica). Bud came out very dense, rock-hard with calyxes completely covered in trichs. It's a really potent bud, and I guess I've hit the ceiling this time around :smokin: 2nd run High Brix soil. Sun definitely contributed, we've had African anticyclone for the last 3 weeks (95-100F in the shadow every day).

030234.jpg
024340.jpg
0071669.jpg

:tokin:

OK gang, has anyone seen this before? I have a vegging plant that is doing great but....it started growing a flat stem about 1/2 way up one branch, the flattening continues up to the top where the nodes are right on top/next to each other. This plant has about 12-16 tops and this is the only one. It is just weird.
DSC_010417.JPG
DSC_010320.JPG

OK gang, has anyone seen this before? I have a vegging plant that is doing great but....it started growing a flat stem about 1/2 way up one branch, the flattening continues up to the top where the nodes are right on top/next to each other. This plant has about 12-16 tops and this is the only one. It is just weird.
DSC_010417.JPG
DSC_010320.JPG

Yep, I've seen it!

One time the tip got slightly toasted by a light....just a little, and it did this. The cola had no fan leaves, just several buds.

...doesn't any company you purchase something from compromise your "privacy"?

I'd trust Doc far more than most companies out there...I'm absolutely sure you have nothing to worry about.

But...YMMV...trust or don't...as always...your choice.

My greatest laugh are the people who condemn the Gov't for collecting raw telephone data, crying invasion of privacy, and yet, gladly turn over everything about themselves on Facebook or other Social Media...right down to where they are at the moment and what they are currently chewing in their mouths.

Privacy is "almost" a dead commodity...unfortunately.

...doesn't any company you purchase something from compromise your "privacy"?

I'd trust Doc far more than most companies out there...I'm absolutely sure you have nothing to worry about.

But...YMMV...trust or don't...as always...your choice.

My greatest laugh are the people who condemn the Gov't for collecting raw telephone data, crying invasion of privacy, and yet, gladly turn over everything about themselves on Facebook or other Social Media...right down to where they are at the moment and what they are currently chewing in their mouths.

Privacy is "almost" a dead commodity...unfortunately.

Ya lol I agree I am not a social media fan, thanks for offering some insight, I like to purchase in person with cash if I can. I will mull things over, I am here specifically because Doc is here, but I have lurked for a while now ;)

Thanks

I was curious about the kit as well just a bit concerned about privacy, Doc being a member of the sight will know my personal information once I purchase it.

Regardless if he can associate your online name if you want him to mail you something he is going to know your real identity. I have had doc in my house and nothing came up missing if it makes you feel any better :passitleft:

Edit:
Trust me his buds are good enough he doesn't need to be ganking ours, he is the one that should be worried that we figure out where he is :rofl:

I trusted Doc with my freedom when i was in a state where I would have did hard time under my circumstances. Im a Colorado medical grower now. I was worried about the labeling of the package and a troublesome postal worker not Doc.
I've heard Doc speak his philosophy on many topics. I feel his cosmic force is good.

If you're worried about Doc having you're address, and all that. Go to the local garden center, buy the pre made soil like FFOF, or COM,, even better, and, do it yourself.

It's hardly rocket science. No offense to Doc, I have got his kit. But, well, I think it's not rocket science. You want the crib notes,, get Doc's. It's worth it. But, you can do it yourself, with cash and nobody will know.

Probably

Back
Top Bottom