InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

You have a pic of the Promix HP u use
Ya got me thinking now, and it's a Scarry place for me to be
Glad to help Chris...I hope you get through it okay.

025849202217.jpg

I get mine at Lowe's. HD doesn't carry it here.

Mine sucks buttttts

Hmmm

Just checked.. ppm is only 352, pH was right at 8

Is there a range the Promix HP buffers to?

It's not the pH of your water that matters, it's the alkalinity. High alk water will raise any the pH of any medium over time, but I would think the ProMix would handle a single grow without modification.

And just to reiterate, lowering the pH of your nute water will not change the pH of the medium or affect the rate of rise over time. If you're worried, you could consider adding lime to the mix before using it. I'd ask @farside05 for details on that modification.

I know in DWC my tap would not pH down, I assumed it was buffers in my water

Pretty sure mine is same as yers, from the Colorado River base water anyways

I'll find my report, water report

Mine sucks buttttts

Hmmm

Just checked.. ppm is only 352, pH was right at 8

Is there a range the Promix HP buffers to?
I know in DWC my tap would not pH down, I assumed it was buffers in my water

Pretty sure mine is same as yers, from the Colorado River base water anyways

I'll find my report, water report

This was my exact problem. It's like 360ppm/8.,4pH from the tap. Discussing it with farside, and I quickly jumped on an RO setup. On 50 gallons, it initially took 6oz of pH down to get it to sniff 5.8. Then it would jump up overnight. Just trying to get a single res of it stable took over a pint. Way, way too much. Now it takes about 40ml to get it down 2 full points (the RO still comes out at 7.8ish), and then it takes a second dose of 10ml about 24-36hrs later after it drifts up to about 6.3. From there it's normal operation.

Although I cannot confirm it at this time, there may be a hint of buffering to a slightly higher pH from the silica supplement I'm using, but not sure yet.

127 is fine.

Ideal alkalinity would be under 80, but you can go a couple runs in Pro-Mix at 127 before it starts to shift on you.

Mine was 280 and I got through 2 runs easily - 3rd got iffy. I use RO now.

:thumb:

Dosent look available at any box store

So that idea is out I guess

There's always the Faux Mix® option in my signature. The ingredients they carry year round at most stores.

Dosent look available at any box store

So that idea is out I guess

"Indoor Gardening" store, perhaps?

I know the one near me carries promix hp, sunshine #4, happy frog, and both fox farms.

Back
Top Bottom