InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

DV is a real beauty, Shed- She's keeping her sativa side pretty well hidden so far... :hmmmm:

This morning's pics are here!

DV has some very nice branches coming! And such growth since the pot up! Sue eet!
Thank you Otter! Didn't seem to stall at all. :)
I think that DV as some vanity issues!
Some plants are self-conscious about being top heavy.
Now that would be an interesting project to follow.
Oval of Brightness® is looking sweet! And I'm peeping back at that Sour G
Thanks Rex, and if I had the time and space there are so many side-by-side comparisons I'd want to run! So much hearsay to disprove. ;)
DV is a real beauty, Shed- She's keeping her sativa side pretty well hidden so far...
Thank you Carcass! If it keeps up with this size leaves there is no way to flip it in the tent unless I do it tonight. :eek:

Hmmm..do you need smaller shoes when the bottoms of your feet flatten?
That is gravely unfortunate. I haven’t made the best of my ability to go skiing at all in years, either.. not that long though, I was born in 82
Thats where it's good!! You can feel it on your skin!!
Thanks friend...I take that as a very lovely compliment coming from yourself...
Surprisingly, because I have flat feet, the shoes that I find most comfortable are Vans old school shoes, which have a perfectly flat footbed. Unless I use inserts, running shoes with a lot of arch support aren't as comfortable for me.

Surprisingly, because I have flat feet, the shoes that I find most comfortable are Vans old school shoes, which have a perfectly flat footbed. Unless I use inserts, running shoes with a lot of arch support aren't as comfortable for me.
Hey jeffrey, :welcome: to my perpetual grow journal! My dad had very flat feet but the Navy still wanted him for WWII. :) Luckily I have a bit of an arch.

Do you take the supports out of running shoes to make room for thr inserts?

Very quick Wednesday update because I overslept by 45 minutes this morning. The power went out in the rainstorm yesterday and I neglected to reset my alarm clock! :eek:

I did have time to top the Doug's Varin on day 44, just above the 9th node with room for the double H stump.

It was tight, but I didn't want to hold up Virgin Ground, who grows in a tighter space than I do:

She also grows in a warmer space as well! Look at the overnight temperatures in the shed last night:

And that's after using 300+watt/hour to heat it. No wonder there's no bud swell on the Jack Herer or Sour G. :(

Very quick Wednesday update because I overslept by 45 minutes this morning. The power went out in the rainstorm yesterday and I neglected to reset my alarm clock! :eek:

I did have time to top the Doug's Varin on day 44, just above the 9th node with room for the double H stump.

It was tight, but I didn't want to hold up Virgin Ground, who grows in a tighter space than I do:

She also grows in a warmer space as well! Look at the overnight temperatures in the shed last night:

And that's after using 300+watt/hour to heat it. No wonder there's no bud swell on the Jack Herer or Sour G. :(
Sorry to hear your having cold troubles again Shed.
The Oval of Brightness®, does it have a lid on the top? hard to tell from the pictures I found of it.
A small fan pointed right at it will help disperse the heat as well, doesn't have to be big! I used a small fan pointed at an oil heater when I had one in the tent, it helped.

Lol why have you crossed out the CORRECT temperature reading? Hehehe

I wish I had your problems. My temps are perfect ATM but for 7 months of the year I'm battling heat.

Does the power going out not effect the ladies you have under the light?

Sorry to hear your having cold troubles again Shed.
The Oval of Brightness®, does it have a lid on the top? hard to tell from the pictures I found of it.
A small fan pointed right at it will help disperse the heat as well, doesn't have to be big! I used a small fan pointed at an oil heater when I had one in the tent, it helped.
Thanks Rex! There's no lid on the Oval, just the light about 8" above it with insulation on top of it (I'll get a pic tomorrow). I drape a tarp over half but it's obviously not doing much. I don't think the buds are taller than the 4' insulation so I might be able to come up with something to close it in at lights out.

Oh, I do have a fan pointing directly down at the heater, which you can just make out at the top right of the pic.

Maybe they're better off smooshed into the tent in the house at night? Gets into the low 60s but never down to 58.
Lol why have you crossed out the CORRECT temperature reading?
Har! That's the RH section of the meter, which hasn't worked since it got watered a couple of years ago. :)
Does the power going out not effect the ladies you have under the light?
It was out for 7 minutes mid-day, so I'm not going to sweat it. Could have been a total eclipse for all the plants know!

Thanks Rex! There's no lid on the Oval, just the light about 8" above it with insulation on top of it (I'll get a pic tomorrow). I drape a tarp over half but it's obviously not doing much. I don't think the buds are taller than the 4' insulation so I might be able to come up with something to close it in at lights out.

Oh, I do have a fan pointing directly down at the heater, which you can just make out at the top right of the pic.

Maybe they're better off smooshed into the tent in the house at night? Gets into the low 60s but never down to 58.

Har! That's the RH section of the meter, which hasn't worked since it got watered a couple of years ago. :)

It was out for 7 minutes mid-day, so I'm not going to sweat it. Could have been a total eclipse for all the plants know!
I mean the Celsius hehe.

Ah that's good news about the light 7 mins isn't the end of the world :)

Well I hope you manage to get the temperature up for your ladies Mr shed :)

Ah that's good news about the light 7 mins isn't the end of the world
Well I hope you manage to get the temperature up for your ladies Mr shed
When my daughter texted that the power went out I started listing where all the flashlights/LED lanterns were in the house to put in there, but before I could send that text she said the power was back on...phewf!

I'm going to see if the those two can fit in the tent tonight, even squeezed in. If they do, then I'll move all the vegging plants into the shed, lower the light to meet the top of the walls, and leave it on all night. The driver should kick out some heat at 200w. We'll see if that's a possibility in C or F. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Might be too late for them to bulk up the buds though this late in the flowering stage.

Ahh yes I see it now. Willing to try something? Bring it closer to the heater. It will force the heater to run longer by keeping the thermostat open, and if you can place it facing the plants, that heat will go right to them.
Thats up to you, but I'm quite positive that a better solution can be had. Even just placing a sheet of rigid Styrofoam (1 inch min) on the bottom of the Oval will help quite a bit. I see you have that reflective sheet on the floor, but the rigid I think will do you better. If the oval doesn't need to be moved, you could even go a step further and make rigid walls of Styrofoam, with that reflective sheeting glued to the inside.

it's more of a question of how much effort vs reward you'll get. But the rigid walls can even turn the Oval of Brightness® into the Rectangle of Brightness®

I was wondering about that too :rofl:

Highya ITS,

Had visions of "Hone Alone" when you talked about losing power. Just before Christmas, as well. Gave me a chuckle. Happy Smokin'

Ahh yes I see it now. Willing to try something? Bring it closer to the heater. It will force the heater to run longer by keeping the thermostat open, and if you can place it facing the plants, that heat will go right to them.
Thanks Rex! I don't think I could get that heater any closer to the plants without burning them! When the Oval is closed the heater sits right under the leaves of the JH and the fan is directly above it. That circulates the air down and across to the Sour G. I don't think I want the heater on even more often than it is now at 300+watts/hour. :eek:
Thats up to you, but I'm quite positive that a better solution can be had. Even just placing a sheet of rigid Styrofoam (1 inch min) on the bottom of the Oval will help quite a bit. I see you have that reflective sheet on the floor, but the rigid I think will do you better. If the oval doesn't need to be moved, you could even go a step further and make rigid walls of Styrofoam, with that reflective sheeting glued to the inside.
it's more of a question of how much effort vs reward you'll get. But the rigid walls can even turn the Oval of Brightness® into the Rectangle of Brightness®
The shed serves a number of purposes so the flexibility of the insulation is key, and I think the fact that the entire shed is uninsulated is more problematic than the floor. Finding a way to cover the top to keep the heat in should go a long way in warming the place up. I might have some of that insulation left over to tape pieces together to cover the Oval. That's gotta help!
I was wondering about that too
:cheesygrinsmiley:
Had visions of "Hone Alone" when you talked about losing power. Just before Christmas, as well. Gave me a chuckle.
:laugh:

Looking awesome as always. Are those the same Candida and Sour G clones from years ago?
Hey DrD, nice to see you swing through! :ciao: The Candida is indeed a clone off one of the original two from 2018, but I lost the Sour G mother. This Sour G is a clone from my second (and last) seed that I dropped earlier this year. Since there are no more of those around I keep cloning it until I can sort out my seed-making process (haven't had any luck yet). Once I have a supply of new seeds I'll stop growing them until I run out in the jars.

Hey DrD, nice to see you swing through! :ciao: The Candida is indeed a clone off one of the original two from 2018, but I lost the Sour G mother. This Sour G is a clone from my second (and last) seed that I dropped earlier this year. Since there are no more of those around I keep cloning it until I can sort out my seed-making process (haven't had any luck yet). Once I have a supply of new seeds I'll stop growing them until I run out in the jars.
I did an accidental seed run last year, it actually worked out great, highly recommend!

Nice work keeping that Candida going for so long!

:passitleft:

Thursday update with odds and ends...

First, I made an attempt to keep the heat in the Oval of Brightness® last night just before lights out. I lowered the strips to the top of the side-walls (which is where the tops of the plants are):

That makes use of the insulation on top of the light to close it in. Then I turned them off (to keep the tops from burning) and used a tarp to cover the gaps:

That helped a bit, though I don't monitor outside temps so I'm not sure I'm comparing apples to apples (not that many here do ;) ). I'll work on it further tonight and see if I can tighten up the gaps.

Also, my Candida mother is doing that leaf-curl thing that my mother plants do before they give up the ghost:

It's getting tossed this weekend because its replacement it almost ready to move to a 1 gallon pot.

And finally, when I upcanned the Doug's Varin to 7 gallons I trimmed off the first node. Today I trimmed off the second and stuck the branches in perlite to see how long/if these take!

The sun hasn't been out much this week so note to self...remember not to flower this time of year.

Carry on with whatever you were doing! :slide:

Quotes:
I did an accidental seed run last year, it actually worked out great, highly recommend!
Nice work keeping that Candida going for so long!
You did an accidental one and I can't even get an on-purpose one going! Thanks DrD. :)
:goodjob: on the topping , i think do the move on the flowering one will work , Its been in the 20F at night here , But ti am 2000 miles away give or take .
Thank you sb! I got the shed lows to stay above 60º and kept the kilowatt hours under 300, so I'll see if I can keep that up or improve it. It's been down around 40 at night here.

Back
Top Bottom