Is only 9 weeks for flowering too little?

28 Grams

I'm on a tight constraint of 10 weeks but I decided to give it a go anyway. I veg'd for a week, and am now flower'ing for 9 weeks. Then I'll let them dry for however long they need.

They just finished 4 weeks of flowering. I'm a little worried they wont be finished in time, but here's what they look like right now:

20170802_2045581.jpg

20170802_2046021.jpg

I'm on a tight constraint of 10 weeks but I decided to give it a go anyway. I veg'd for a week, and am now flower'ing for 9 weeks. Then I'll let them dry for however long they need.

They just finished 4 weeks of flowering. I'm a little worried they wont be finished in time, but here's what they look like right now:

20170802_2045581.jpg

20170802_2046021.jpg

It is to hot in the grow room check the temperature

It is to hot in the grow room check the temperature

it does not look hot but the left hand side plant looks like it has nitrogen toxicity.

if you vegged from seed your looking atleast 2-3 weeks after 12/12 change to show sex then if its a 8 week strain then its usually 9 weeks.

cutting them this early or even in 2 weeks will have very little potency.

Hey guys, I started from clones.
The temperature sits around 80F so I think it is alright with decent airflow.
Okay I will for sure cut back the lights in the last couple of weeks, thanks!

Also what can I do about nitrogen toxicity? Just cut back nutes? Or do I have to do a flush?

Oh okay thanks.

My 6 plants are in 1 gallon pots, I should run about 3 gallons of plain water each right? (I don't have a ppm meter).

And after 2 days flush them again? When should I feed them water with nutrients after flushing?

yeah you get the idea!

i would only do the ones that look unwell like the plant on the left, the right one looks fine.

and after 1st flush just water as usual with out nutes for 2-3 days, i did my plants the same and they thrived back but the leaves ever seem to take shape again.

IDK how others do it, and this is just my opinion.

If I have to water a plant that is way too dry... I know that, if I just dump the water in, most of it runs right out. I have to give it a little to hydrate the soil, then give it the rest (or, if things are seriously dry, give it a little more, then give it the rest).

I look at flushing the same way. I'm not trying to push a ball through a hose - I'm trying to dilute/remove excess nutrients. So I'll water the soil slowly until it gets saturated, then I'll dump some water through. Not ALL of the water, but enough to get a good amount of runoff. Then I'll go do something else for a while, return, and dump some more water; again, enough to get a good amount of runoff. Another wait, dump some more, rinse/lather/repeat.

I figure this... It might give the water that I've just put into the pot a little time to dissolve some of the nutrients into solution so that the next application of water can move that nutrient-laden water out by replacement - and then that water can "absorb" some nutrients and, in turn, be replaced by the next application of water.

This is what seems to work for me. Water/pause/water/pause/water/etc. I feel that it's more beneficial to do it this way than to pour all of the water through in one go. Again, I do pour to the point that I get a good amount of runoff each time.

If another method works for you, might as well stick with it, lol. And I assume that the benefit of doing it the way that I do isn't as great if one's nutrients are highly soluble in water. IDK. I'll admit that my real motivation is that I'm a combination of poor and tight I mean thrifty - and I'd hate to think that I wasted some of my water by not giving it time to "grab and carry" some of what I was trying to remove.

Thank you guys!
I just flushed half my plants. Going to check for any adverse affects tomorrow. If not I will flush the rest.

I ran 4 gallons through each 1 gallon pot, and then topped it off with 500mL of water with a little bit of silicone supplement (ie Dyna Grow's Pro Tekt).

It feels good knowing that the roots have been well cleaned :)

Back
Top Bottom