Is This Your Homework Larry? Seedsman Skunk #1 In Soil

Lacking in K? I put a half a tablespoon of kelp meal in a jug of water to sit overnight. 1-0-3

Or is it calmag? I have been saving egg shells to make some homemade calmag. Maybe it’s time to make it.

With the new net installed, I had to pour the water in over the entire plant. I may have bunt the leaves on it, although the other plants didn’t mind.

No pro here, but I would not jump to conclusions yet. I had something remotely similar during my second grow, solved it by transplanting to a less peaty (woody) soil. Wood, as far as I know, is acidic. Maybe try and look into that. Regarding the defficiencies, well you have a fine looking plant in the same tray. That would be odd if one would suffer defficiency and the other one wouldn't.
Just my two cents :)

Calcium would be my guess. I'm dealing with potassium issues now and that starts on the little points on the leaves.
Ok I am leaning to calcium magnesium deficiency.

No pro here, but I would not jump to conclusions yet. I had something remotely similar during my second grow, solved it by transplanting to a less peaty (woody) soil. Wood, as far as I know, is acidic. Maybe try and look into that. Regarding the defficiencies, well you have a fine looking plant in the same tray. That would be odd if one would suffer defficiency and the other one wouldn't.
Just my two cents :)
I may have to actually start using my ph pen lol. But yeah, the other plant in the same bin is fine. So perhaps I will go get some calmag from the store. My homemade organic stuff takes weeks to make.

Thank you both for the input.

Hows your pH? If its off, it can manifest itself in disguise of Cal and Mg issues.

I haven’t tested ph of my soil or water for over a year and a half. I probably should lol.

I just gave a top dress of gypsum. Fed the plants with a small amount of kelp meal soaked in water overnight, with some LAB/molasses mix and a bit of aloe juice. So if it IS calmag deficiency, between the gypsum and molasses we should have taken care of it.

As for the ph, well I will have to find my soil test kit, bust out my ph pen, and get things ready to start testing ph of my water and soil a bit more regularly.

The skunk with the issues was getting worse by the minute. But the gypsum and magnesium feed seems to have stopped any further deterioration.

There was a small chance I was teetering on being deficient in boron. Could explain some growth on a few plants over time. But it’s a very delicate balance so I didn’t want to add too much. It is toxic in higher doses so, I mixed 1/8th of a teaspoon in some hot water and mixed that into a gallon or so of water. I fed that to both bins since they were on the dry side.

The CB Dream in the same bin, back right, is not doing great but not sick either. I suspect it’s not a fan of the lst. Or the ph is off lol.

The Crown Royale is by far the healthiest right now, branching like a pro.

The 4th. Better late than a runt. This may only have a month of growth before the tent is flipped. Perhaps 6 weeks.

ive heard good things about that liberty haze!

Yeah me too, it has chemdog in it from what I read, and I could use some of that.

I have one plant that seems to be loving life, the Crown Royale, its doing everything I wanted. Spread out with 25 growth shoots above the net.

The structure is awesome, when she gets bigger I can get a better overview.

Yeah me too, it has chemdog in it from what I read, and I could use some of that.

I have one plant that seems to be loving life, the Crown Royale, its doing everything I wanted. Spread out with 25 growth shoots above the net.

The structure is awesome, when she gets bigger I can get a better overview.
Looking goood Urb!.
That liberty haze is 2 classics G13xChemdog. G13 is that strain that people claim was grown by the CIA on some air force base and then stolen lol

Looking goood Urb!.
That liberty haze is 2 classics G13xChemdog. G13 is that strain that people claim was grown by the CIA on some air force base and then stolen lol
Oh right, I tried some dispensary G13 last year, it was good but lacked taste. Still, pretty excited to see if I can get that liberty haze to produce in time.

I should have mentioned in my update. Getting high and staring at my plants is a hobby itself. I noticed something that may have been hurting my grow. My lights were probably 30” or so above the plants. If I recall, plants use more available nutrients when under stronger light, so perhaps the light burning on my tips I am seeing could be remedied by lowering the lights.

As soon as I realized my lights were too high I lowered them but it made me think of the nutrient absorption and light intensity discussion. I have been stressing this group out a bit but we should still pull through. That CR is looking to be a beast.

I have a bit of a question and perhaps more of an outline for the experiment but...

I harvested some dense local clay two summers ago and ground up some as a replacement for bentonite clay as called for by clackamus coots recipe.

But I still have a few pounds of the stuff left in big chunks. I am going to add it to my soil compost/storage bin but it’s chunky. I am still getting to the question lol. To break it up I added some gypsum, it’s supposed to help, and added some water. I will let sit for a week or two and see how it is.

Ok, I wore gloves to mix in the gypsum, and played around with some of the clay chunks. When I went to wash it off it was a nice fine mush and made me think of sedimentary deposits from water events. How that areas prone to these events have great soil.

The question lol. Would adding a good chunk of clay to my water mix, making a sedimentary suspension, be a good thing? I notice that I may have created a bit too porous of a soil mixture and the water isn’t held in the upper regions. Adding clay may increase the water retention.

I would leave the clay out...and mulch mulch mulch! How full are your bins now?

I smoked a fat bowl of some cob and some Sativa so, I may ramble here lol.

I think I need to rebalance the soil mix a bit. I added an entire brick of coco to the compost bin. So that threw out the balance of the peat, ewc, and other amendments. It was already a well aerated and draining soil.

The small bin of clay would be going into a big garbage can of soil so it won’t mess it up. It’s been munching on fruit and veggie scraps for months. That would be top dressed to the bins over time or used as original 4” to 1 gallon pots.

Plus, that little bin is just sitting there useless. I could use the bin and the shelf space. I will go and take a photo in a bit to show you the size difference.

It’s also not just clay, there was a 6” layer of my original mix from an up pot or something. So there is even less clay. Plus I added the gypsum, and a tablespoon or two of bat guano. I thought it would be a good thing to break the clay down and prepare the guano for use in a few weeks.

As we flip I was going to top dress with some fresh soil, and a bit of kelp meal.

I also have an old dried bag, probably 3/4 full, of ewc. Not sure what I should do with that as I think I have plenty of N sources.

But if you folks think that’s a bad idea, I won’t do shit lol.

I smoked a fat bowl of some cob and some Sativa so, I may ramble here lol.

I think I need to rebalance the soil mix a bit. I added an entire brick of coco to the compost bin. So that threw out the balance of the peat, ewc, and other amendments. It was already a well aerated and draining soil.

The small bin of clay would be going into a big garbage can of soil so it won’t mess it up. It’s been munching on fruit and veggie scraps for months. That would be top dressed to the bins over time or used as original 4” to 1 gallon pots.

Plus, that little bin is just sitting there useless. I could use the bin and the shelf space. I will go and take a photo in a bit to show you the size difference.

It’s also not just clay, there was a 6” layer of my original mix from an up pot or something. So there is even less clay. Plus I added the gypsum, and a tablespoon or two of bat guano. I thought it would be a good thing to break the clay down and prepare the guano for use in a few weeks.

As we flip I was going to top dress with some fresh soil, and a bit of kelp meal.

I also have an old dried bag, probably 3/4 full, of ewc. Not sure what I should do with that as I think I have plenty of N sources.

But if you folks think that’s a bad idea, I won’t do shit lol.
I would throw the clay into the large bin. I just wouldnt water it into your small "plant" bins.

Instead I'd mulch like crazy to keep your upper layer of soil moist at almost all times. And ewc I would just keep on hand for now, or into the big bin if you need the space!

Do you have straw maybe? Or even rice hulls would work nicely!!

I would throw the clay into the large bin. I just wouldnt water it into your small "plant" bins.

Instead I'd mulch like crazy to keep your upper layer of soil moist at almost all times. And ewc I would just keep on hand for now, or into the big bin if you need the space!

Do you have straw maybe? Or even rice hulls would work nicely!!

Lmfao I completely forgot to ask you what I should be mulching with. I could probably get my hands on a bail of hay or alfalfa with all the farming and agriculture around here. Rice hulls I would have to order probably. At least at this time of year.

Back
Top Bottom