Jay233 Grows With New 675W Perfect Sun COB LED In Coco

Still growing fast and healthy. Did a little more lst. Decided not to top this bubblegum auto like usually do. Just went straight to lst.
20170525_090721.jpg
20170525_090814.jpg

Thank you Tom and Guru :)

Today's update, did a good amount of defoliation. Two purposes for the defol today.
1)open up more light to interior branch sites
2)often overlooked use for defol. To slow down the outer branch tops so the interior branches can catch up and give me a fairly even canopy. I think I learnt that from LA, can't remember tho but pretty sure, works great.
I didn't go crazy but this is the second decent defol I've done on these clones. Every leaf I removed I removed for a purpose.
20170526_191042.jpg

Lets see what happens :)

Today's update

Lots of tops forming on the Dutch Passion clones. Branches starting to form on the Bubblegum auto and two Jawa Pie and one Big Bomb popped out of the coco.
The 3 seedlings are not a part of this grow but I'm starting them in this room since I have a little room and they will go into my other room when the plants in there are finished flowering in about 2-3 weeks. Just getting a head start :)

I also took another side profile shot so you can see how low I'm keeping these plants. It not fluxing but I have to say that all the chatting I did with LA back in 2013-2014 had a major influence on the way I train. I love his style and all the reasons why he trains the way he does, it works. My last two grows got a half assed training because I was building two sealed climate controled grow rooms during those two grows but we are back on track now :)

20170527_210738.jpg
20170527_210806.jpg

I'm planning on 1-2 more weeks of veg before I flip on the clones.

Today's update

Lots of tops forming on the Dutch Passion clones. Branches starting to form on the Bubblegum auto and two Jawa Pie and one Big Bomb popped out of the coco.
The 3 seedlings are not a part of this grow but I'm starting them in this room since I have a little room and they will go into my other room when the plants in there are finished flowering in about 2-3 weeks. Just getting a head start :)

I also took another side profile shot so you can see how low I'm keeping these plants. It not fluxing but I have to say that all the chatting I did with LA back in 2013-2014 had a major influence on the way I train. I love his style and all the reasons why he trains the way he does, it works. My last two grows got a half assed training because I was building two sealed climate controled grow rooms during those two grows but we are back on track now :)

20170527_210738.jpg
20170527_210806.jpg

I'm planning on 1-2 more weeks of veg before I flip on the clones.

I like the bush.

Update time.

Plants are growing rapid and healthy. I haven't really explained much about my training process so I'll share a little about what I do and why. I did a defol again yesterday. I'd say in the past 10 days I've easily removed 75+ leaves off each of the 4 Dutch Delight clones. Also I realized I've been saying Dutch Passion Dutch Delight but they are Flying Dutchman Dutch Delight. All the Dutch words an I get confused easily lol.
20170529_220300.jpg

You can see all the potential bud sites forming on the Dutch Delight and how full the plants are dispite removing 300-350 leaves in past 10 days. I didnt strip these plants and I didnt remove any leaves without a purpose. A little more on that in a sec. If you notice I've been taking side profile pictures in addition to top. That is to show the height I am allowing any branch to grow vertical (less than 6 inches). What you many not notice I'd that I only topped each plant one time and each plant only has 4 branches that are tied down.
20170529_220414.jpg

I am controlling the height of each branch mostly with selective defoliation. I am training for a flat even canopy with a lot of top bud sites. We a going for all big fat buds on this run. The reason why I am keeping the canopy low is I have found that the shorter the distance from the roots to the "fruits" receiving the maximum effective lumens the bigger the buds are. That being the case I am packing as many bud sites as I can into that top even layer. Air circulation within the grow room will be very important and that is covered when we get to the flower stage. I'll be doing some pruning and defol over the next couple of weeks to maintain what I have now but stimulate the trunk and main branches to keep getting fatter. Also i will most likely be transplanting from 5 gal to 7 gal pots soon so the roots have a chance to fill the space and not take anything from the flowering period.
Lets see what happens :)

Back
Top Bottom