JimmieJ's First Grow - Closet - Soil - Bag Seed - CFLs

Thanks - I was expecting there to be a button somewhere. I've set my email to give me a popup when I get a new message so that should do for now.

My PM is no big deal, Just a quick apology about something. If you need 50 posts, all you need is 1 more to access or send them.

I grabbed an old 12" desk fan from the basement. It's one of those 1980's fans that will never die. This should improve air flow until I can come up with a better plan for the clip on.
GEDC12381.JPG

^^^ That fan blowsss... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: She will do the trick.. They definitely dont make shit like they used to.. I have the same exact fan.. I commandeered it from my grandmas house to replace a 26'' box fan next to my wood stove.. believe it or not the lil old blue bladed fan moves farrrr more air. :thumb:

p.s. Hey i was made in the 80's too there buddy.. :cheesygrinsmiley:

^^^ That fan blowsss... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: She will do the trick.. They definitely dont make shit like they used to.. I have the same exact fan.. I commandeered it from my grandmas house to replace a 26'' box fan next to my wood stove.. believe it or not the lil old blue bladed fan moves farrrr more air. :thumb:

p.s. Hey i was made in the 80's too there buddy.. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Far more air, and super quiet. I found mine on the side of the road. It needed cleaning and oil, now it runs like a champ.

I made babies in the 80s. What's your mom look like?

(sorry dude - just being silly)

I love finding stuff on the side of the road :)

LOL Thanks DAD!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

p.s. All is good brother Rado. Its been one of them funny kinda mood days over here too my friend. :high-five:

This morning when I checked on the flower closet, my youngest informed me that she thinks she identifies as a female. Being the supportive parent that I am, I told her I will support whatever decision she makes. It is 2016, after all. Times are changing. :cheer:

GEDC12401.JPG
GEDC1245.JPG

Now, I'm sure this plant wasn't vegged nearly long enough, but... the light situation. I don't have enough light in the veg closet yet. It's just bag seed and I have plenty of extra seeds so I'm going to let it go and let her teach me. While my three girls are cooking, I can start getting the larger nursery pots and get the stuff to make PJ soil that Smokey is having so much success with, so my next grow will be better.

Last night I was reading about nutes. I have yet to see anyone endorse Miracle Gro for MJ so I decided it's time to switch to something that will give my girls their best shot, given the lights, containers and "soil" that they're in.

I have a soil testing kit so today, I'm going to test each plant and see where they stand. I'll post the results and hope to get some input on what I should use. The garden center here is open, so I should be able to get whatever I need as long as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

GEDC1250.JPG

At the very beginning of my journal and my first grow I used MG... It can be done but it is a challenge when you are adding nutes cause you never know when their nutes are going to release and what the nutes that they are releasing are... I had a wonderful member here... KingJohnC that held my little hand and completely walked me through the grow... it is very well documented at the very beginning if you want to take a look... the herb was my first grow and just bag seed but it didn't turn out bad...:) I didn't do any training and they are all like Christmas trees but I did pull a rightous amount off them and what I grew was a hell of a lot better than what I had originally purchased and got the seeds out of... MG has come out with a product that is strictly for growing MJ... I wold think if you could get your hands on that... we may be talking a whole new story but in my area it is not available and they won't even ship it here.... I now mix my own soil using an awesome recipe from PeeJay... it is a living organic soil and all I have to do is add water...:yahoo: I have never grown healthier girls or harvested nicer nugs and Lordy is it easier... Just my 2 cents and I over charged...;)... I hope you are having a blessed and green day....:circle-of-love:

At the very beginning of my journal and my first grow I used MG... It can be done but it is a challenge when you are adding nutes cause you never know when their nutes are going to release and what the nutes that they are releasing are... I had a wonderful member here... KingJohnC that held my little hand and completely walked me through the grow... it is very well documented at the very beginning if you want to take a look... the herb was my first grow and just bag seed but it didn't turn out bad...:) I didn't do any training and they are all like Christmas trees but I did pull a rightous amount off them and what I grew was a hell of a lot better than what I had originally purchased and got the seeds out of... MG has come out with a product that is strictly for growing MJ... I wold think if you could get your hands on that... we may be talking a whole new story but in my area it is not available and they won't even ship it here.... I now mix my own soil using an awesome recipe from PeeJay... it is a living organic soil and all I have to do is add water...:yahoo: I have never grown healthier girls or harvested nicer nugs and Lordy is it easier... Just my 2 cents and I over charged...;)... I hope you are having a blessed and green day....:circle-of-love:

It's a great day so far, hope the same for you. The sun is shining, so I'm taking the girls sunbathing in a little bit.

I hit post too soon. The PJ soil that you're using - is that the same as what Smokey is using? I'm planning to use it next time.

Yepper.. it is probably a bit different cause PJ would kinda make up the recipes with what was easily available to each grower... I will be happy to post up my recipe if you are interested... it basically consist of 3 batches... baby.. veg.. and bloom soils... I use ProMix HP, compost, worm castings, azomite, rock phosphate, perlite, yum-yum organic nutes, bat poop from indonesia, and I add a bit more mycorrhiza... I don't think I am missing any of the ingredients there but I may be.. I will get the recipe and type it out if want....:goodjob:...:circle-of-love:

Yepper.. it is probably a bit different cause PJ would kinda make up the recipes with what was easily available to each grower... I will be happy to post up my recipe if you are interested... it basically consist of 3 batches... baby.. veg.. and bloom soils... I use ProMix HP, compost, worm castings, azomite, rock phosphate, perlite, yum-yum organic nutes, bat poop from indonesia, and I add a bit more mycorrhiza... I don't think I am missing any of the ingredients there but I may be.. I will get the recipe and type it out if want....:goodjob:...:circle-of-love:

Don't go out of your way, Dennise. I'll browse your journal till I find it. That way I'm sure I can pick up some other good info while I'm in there. I kind of skimmed through it yesterday, but it's too big to take in all at once. I have plenty of time before I'll need the mix, so in the meantime, I'll see if what you listed is all available here. Thanks!:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom