I let the Swiss skunk clone get a bit too dry, she started looking a little sad so I put her outside in the rain. She's bounced back alright.
Big Swiss looks good,
little Swiss not so much, (she'll be getting repotted soon)
and Lucky the Wookiee auto is looking average.

IMG20221013133855.jpg

IMG20221013133846.jpg

IMG20221013133842.jpg

IMG20221013133832.jpg

Mine is still tiny lol.
She looks really healthy though. My girls look better than some, but not as good as yours. I'm still learning. I think I might try some different soil next run.

I gave them a foliar spray with Epsom salt (magnesium) and they're looking better now. I think Lucky has a deficiency, so everyone got a dose.

The difference between the leaves on the clone in the small pot of seed raising mix and the other plants is easy to see, so I'm sure my soil mix is holding too much water. The seed raising mix dries out faster, and it's really "fluffy" ? Not sure if that's how to describe it, but that's what it is. And as you can see the leaves are flat and healthy, whereas the leaves on the plants in the soil are curly and bloated.
Anyway I've got the dehumidifier going now to help things along.

IMG20221016133301.jpg

IMG20221016133253.jpg

IMG20221016133248.jpg

IMG20221016133240.jpg

IMG20221016133215.jpg

I think the burnt looking tips is a potassium ask.
I don't know a thing about living organic soil though.
You're already miles ahead of me. lol. Maybe someone else will jump in.
Looking good though, Joe. :ciao:

I think the burnt looking tips is a potassium ask.
I don't know a thing about living organic soil though.
You're already miles ahead of me. lol. Maybe someone else will jump in.
Looking good though, Joe. :ciao:
I've got some stuff that's high in potassium, I could do foliar spray and see if it helps.

IMG20221016170127.jpg

Geday cobba.
L O L L I N G !

Oii how’s your broken heart? I think grief only takes real hold once everyone goes back to their regular lives. When your loved one first dies everyone is in high faux condolence mode, not faux, you know where you need to acknowledge the grieve-ees feelings? Like basic manners. It allows the grieve-er to share their pain. However it’s a small public window coz two weeks on everyone has moved on but you are still stuck in grief. Well that’s how it has affected me. And not that I meant to make this about me either lol.

L O L L I N G !

Oii how’s your broken heart? I think grief only takes real hold once everyone goes back to their regular lives. When your loved one first dies everyone is in high faux condolence mode, not faux, you know where you need to acknowledge the grieve-ees feelings? Like basic manners. It allows the grieve-er to share their pain. However it’s a small public window coz two weeks on everyone has moved on but you are still stuck in grief. Well that’s how it has affected me. And not that I meant to make this about me either lol.
I think you're right.
It's going to take me a while to come to terms with the fact my little sister committed suicide by needle, definitely more than a few weeks.
I'm doing ok, just having to deal with stuff like cleaning the house, (you ever seen the TV show 'hoarders'?) Gets a bit much sometimes. It's going to take a while to say the least (and approximately 6 large skip bins minimum, just the inside!) Not to mention the cost...

A laugh a day keeps the doctor away... you know the type of doctor I mean, the one holding the straight jacket :rofl:

Hi Joe, I been a bit AWOL myself. So sorry to hear of your loss, wishing you all the strength to deal with that.
With the garden you're well ahead of me, I'm currently hardening off some leggy sprouts.

I think you're right.
It's going to take me a while to come to terms with the fact my little sister committed suicide by needle, definitely more than a few weeks.
I'm doing ok, just having to deal with stuff like cleaning the house, (you ever seen the TV show 'hoarders'?) Gets a bit much sometimes. It's going to take a while to say the least (and approximately 6 large skip bins minimum, just the inside!) Not to mention the cost...

A laugh a day keeps the doctor away... you know the type of doctor I mean, the one holding the straight jacket :rofl:
First let me say I’m sorry for your loss. Grief is a process, and there is beauty in it. I really believe that. You get to examine good memories, relive experiences and conversations in your minds eye.

I also personally don’t have a huge problem with suicide if the person is making an informed decision. Under 40 years of age can’t make an informed decision in my opinion, and suicide often becomes a long term solution for what was a short term problem.

Life is hard, and it’s not for everybody. Your sister is free now. She got to leave on her own terms, and she is now free of both pain and addiction. As you know my mum OD’ed or suicided. We will never truly know. She was a suicidal/addiction ridden kind of lady so it could have been either. Reconciling her death has taken time, still takes time. I at times torture myself with the could I have done more? Is it my fault? Am I the poison? But over time I have realised, it was mums choice. It’s not about me as a human. I’m just part of the collateral damage of her choices. And that’s okay. I will be okay.

So are you the hoarder? Coz I’m the anti clutter queen! I have some real tips for you if you need help decluttering.

I am sending you both friendship and love. I get you Joe. I am you. You are not alone. Xo

First let me say I’m sorry for your loss. Grief is a process, and there is beauty in it. I really believe that. You get to examine good memories, relive experiences and conversations in your minds eye.

I also personally don’t have a huge problem with suicide if the person is making an informed decision. Under 40 years of age can’t make an informed decision in my opinion, and suicide often becomes a long term solution for what was a short term problem.

Life is hard, and it’s not for everybody. Your sister is free now. She got to leave on her own terms, and she is now free of both pain and addiction. As you know my mum OD’ed or suicided. We will never truly know. She was a suicidal/addiction ridden kind of lady so it could have been either. Reconciling her death has taken time, still takes time. I at times torture myself with the could I have done more? Is it my fault? Am I the poison? But over time I have realised, it was mums choice. It’s not about me as a human. I’m just part of the collateral damage of her choices. And that’s okay. I will be okay.

So are you the hoarder? Coz I’m the anti clutter queen! I have some real tips for you if you need help decluttering.

I am sending you both friendship and love. I get you Joe. I am you. You are not alone. Xo
Thanks Trala.
She was 37 and had a lot of issues going back to childhood. It was only a matter of time before it got too much for her, so it's really no surprise. I'll be okay, it's just a bit overwhelming at the moment. Sorry about your mum too.

I'm not the hoarder, my sister was, (and my mum) and I have to clean the property. 1/4 acre of 3foot high lawns and overgrown trees, a house full of stuff (not to mention the uncapped needles) etc etc. Like I said I'm just overwhelmed by the enormity of the task.

I truly appreciate the friendship and love.

We'll be right.

:green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

Ps, I think the hoarding gene may be hereditary, I've got a lot of junk, but my junk is all good junk... It'll come in handy one day:rofl:

So I moved the small Swiss skunk out the back with the dogs. She got repotted into a fabric shopping bag of soil. I spread mycorrhizae in the hole and on the roots, and watered her in with coconut water. I put some snail pellets around her and caught one already, sneaky little bastards.

IMG20221017152613.jpg

IMG20221017152531.jpg

IMG20221020112341.jpg

So I moved the small Swiss skunk out the back with the dogs. She got repotted into a fabric shopping bag of soil. I spread mycorrhizae in the hole and on the roots, and watered her in with coconut water. I put some snail pellets around her and caught one already, sneaky little bastards.

IMG20221017152613.jpg

IMG20221017152531.jpg

IMG20221020112341.jpg
Have you tried the beer trap for the snails? Not an outdoor weed grower but outdoor gardener. Works for slugs and snails 🐌

Back
Top Bottom