Jon705's Multi Strain HPS LED Hybrid System

10 for 10 with the timewreck after 24 hrs, im stoked to get these going! not sure where im going to put them yet but I ll figure something out:)
DSCF4733.JPG

Thank you for the kind words brother:Namaste: thats the problem though, making them millions and getting paid peanuts, I think thats why more and more of us are starting up our own independant projects, call me greedy but I dont like or agree with giving the governement half my check every week, the roads are still shit the snow removal sucks ect ect I refuse to line some fat greasy politician's pockets or some retired prime minister that I didnt vote for's pockets($170 000 a year pension) with my hard earned money. I am however taking a job at a tiny little restaurant as head cook in the next few weeks, the pay sucks but I love to cook, and since the pay sucks the government doesnt get much of it lol...its more for something to do during the long winter here, if im not working then im sledding in the winter, a full day of sledding cost a 100 bucks in fuel alone, it can get out of hand pretty quick:)

Good for you!, have fun with the cooking! You are living a good life bro!

Looks like the air layering was a success. I started them on the 13th so 8 days ago and theres 2 than can be cut right now and the other 2 arent far behind. I really like this tecnique and because I only need 4 clones at a time for my indoor im going to stick with it. space is at a premium in the veg room, with this tecnique I dont need a dome:)
DSCF4734.JPG
DSCF4735.JPG
DSCF4736.JPG
DSCF4738.JPG
DSCF4739.JPG
DSCF4740.JPG

How hard was it to do that type of cloning I like the potential options? What medium is in the bags?
I use a fillet knife but you can use a razor blade or something like that and strip away the outer layer of bark about an inch and a half wide, its sounds tricky but its not hard at all. then I use a q-tip top apply a nice thick layer of clonex over the wound and cover it with a rapid rooter, you can use other mediums but the rapid rooters are all one piece so I just split it down the middle and wrap it around the branch then cut some plastic to size and seal it up with some eletrical tape. I use a large syringe to inject water into the medium every few days, thats it bro its pretty easy:)

Sounds like it, probably would work with rockwool too you think? I got a bunch of old cubes in the bag not using since got aeroponic cloner. I like this idea though cause could have full on plants with multiple branches as soon as you root. If you planned out your mother right could save SERIOUS veg time. Very interesting!

hi jon, thanks for getting the specs on the light, my grow space is 3ft by 3ft exactly, at the minute i just got 1 room but im setting up a seperate so i can have a veg and flower room so i can stagger harvests,

ive always been put off by the cheaper lights on the auction site but these new type cob seem to be much better and much brighter, the cheaper ones was just low wattage leds and plenty of them, so these cob do away with having so many leds as it produces more light, ill have a read up on cob so i know more,

have they given you any idea on price, id possibly be needed 2 to start with but would just try 1 and use it for flower and use the dual spec hps for veg, it certainly looks bright enough, did they give you an expected life span on the lights, i know some give you a rough idea in running hours so wasnt sure if you got that info as well,

it certainly looks much brighter than the standed led's, im really tempted to get one but how long is this in test for, any ideas when it will be released for sale,

sorry for all the questions my friend, i just need to know im making the right choice and speaking to the sellers is not the best option when its the results that i need to go on, i know its to early to tell at the minute so ill read up on these type of lights and see what i can find out,

have some reps for giving the air layering a try and pulling it off first time,
i have suggested this clone method to a few growers in the past but most dont want to risk it, but they prefer to risk losing lots of smaller clones which they did, or they dont do it propery and the stem just rots as they are letting light get to the part thats covered,

so more reps for pulling it off, its a great method and works every time if done right, if you dont need lots of clones then this method is perfect as you can take as big a clone as you like, as jon said their is no need for a dome, once its rooted you just cut it off the mother plant and plant it into growing medium, the only issue i found was that sometimes you need to use a cane to hold the clone up while the roots get a hold of the growing medium as i took a clone 1.5ft in length and used this method and it worked fine but the clone was heavy due to size so wanted to fall over, but easily sorted with a cut down cane just to support it for the 1st week,

i only tried it when i had one strain that wouldnt clone, i must of took 15 cuttings and not 1 rooted, the other strains rooted every time but this one strain i wanted to clone just wouldnt grow roots no matter how long i left them under a dome,

you can use any growing medium you like, ive used compost, scraped the outer skin back and mushed up some compost in my hands and squeezed it over the stem then covered with cling film to hold it to the stem then covered with black tape to stop light getting to it, you dont need to wrap it to tight as long as no light is getting in then the roots will grow, once you see the grow medium is loaded with roots then you just cut it off the mother plant,

like jon said if you only need a couple of clones then this method works well as it cuts out weeks of veg time compared with regular clones, it would easily take 2 or 3 weeks in veg to get the same results,

im so glad someone decided to jump in and try it, ive explained to a few growers in the past but they have not risked trying it, so some reps coming your way sir for trying it and pulling it off perfectly first time,

any growing medium works, as long as its kept slightly moist and not totally dried out then them roots will grow, so im pretty sure you could wrap it in anything and the roots will grow, the bets part is while its still on the mother plant you dont need to add anything to the area thats producing roots, so im guess you could cover it in pretty much anything to get it to produce roots as it needs just moisture and dark, it gets nothing from the growing medium you cover the stem with as its getting fed from the mother plant like any other branch, the more growing medium you cover the stem in the more root mass you will end up with.

so some reps jon for the pefect first attempt,

you can use any size branch to clone, if you had an outdoor plants you could pretty much take a clone that is the same size as you want for going into flower, you are not limited by size of clone, but id think if you wanted a huge bushy clone then you would need to use more growing medium for the roots to grow into so you got a good lot of roots before cutting it from the plant,

if you look on the video site and search for air layering cannabis, or air layering technique, or air cloning cannabis, that will then list lots of videos that show you the exact process, its perfect if your taking a low number of clones, i know if i could grow outdoors then i wouldnt need to veg plants indoors as i could wait until the outdoor plant has huge side branches with side branches on that branch then id take 2 or 3 big clones say 1ft to 1.5ft and root them and only keep them in veg while the roots settle in to the new pot then you could flip it to flower, the first clone i took was small using this method as i just wanted to try it, the 2nd clone was around 1ft and it was one of the lower side branches on the mother plant that i cloned, i was worried it was to big but worked perfect, just had problems with it wanting to tip over after transplanting so used a garden cane to support it but after about 3 days it was stable and didnt need the cane, plus their is very little slow in growth, it grows as normal on the mother plant so its still growing while the roots are growing, then you cut it off when it has a nice bunch of roots so the clone dont have a week or 2 with no growth, you could take high numbers of clones using this method and it would work well as all the clones taken would be rooted and ready to grow, so it does save time but i think its more suited to plants that are very hard to clone or if you only want a few clones,

if i could grow big plants outdoors then i could cut my electric bill down by loads using this method as you dont need much veg time compared to the smaller clones,

im just so glad someone tried it and pulled it off, many growers have not gone through with it, but jon jumped at the chance and perfected it first time,

Back
Top Bottom