Jon705's Multi Strain HPS LED Hybrid System

IM curious bout the critical+ I have one fem bean read it's a super heavy weight that would be cool:thumb: it's awesome as usual in here:goodjob:

Hey BID

I got a Dinafem - Critical+ as a freebie and it was very good. A nice producer. She won me plant of the month last year. Grown with OC+.

Only thing I didn't like is it was fluffy buds. I like more of a tight solid nug. However they were so big they fell over.

Critical_harvest_mc3a_8hwks.jpg

Critical_cola4_8wks_flwr.jpg

Critical_1_8wks_flwr.jpg

hell yeah jon!!
HH im gonna pop the critical+ next time i do some seeds, i think i got a fix for fluffy buds with high brix theres some tricks you can do to get budwell and density up, and i think all the minerals i use would help that, some stuff i have grown for a while is much denser now than when i was using regular ferts or even just organic, seems if the grow in coco thats full of rocks and bacteria the get all roided out lol

Nice Bid, I ll be keeping an eye on that one for sure, 10 timewreck went into paper towel last night.I have no idea where im going to put them my veg room is packed right now, I have 5 mothers and I need to decide what 3 im keeping for now. I think I ll veg them for a cpl weeks then put them in the greenhouse to sex them then bring the females back inside and work them into the rotation, im pretty sure that I ll be keeping one of them as a mother:)

looks like I ll also be testing out some soil for Scientific soils,Scientific Soils they are sending me enough soil for three 7 gallon pots and its suposed to be simillar to supersoil exept you fill the whole pot with it instead of half.I will be starting a new journal in a cpl weeks when this round is done, it will have a double side by side, Sara's led beside one of mine and supersoil beside Scientific soil, should be pretty interesting:)

:bitingnails::bitingnails::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::ciao:Happy Tokesday Jon and Mrs.705:)

Ok here we go.
First impressions.
when I first saw the box I thought that it was winnings from last months notm contest, it appeared to be to small to be a light.
DSCF46681.JPG

There was some minor damage to the box.
DSCF46701.JPG
DSCF46691.JPG

I was disapointed when I opened the box and saw how small the light was(first impressions:))
DSCF46711.JPG
DSCF46721.JPG
DSCF46731.JPG

it measures 11 1/4 x 11 1/4.My lights are 25 x 25 so right off the hop I figured theres no way im going to be able to replace one of mine with this.
I took the light out of the box and flipped it over to have a look at the COB diodes.Something insides is loose and rattling, I think its the fan, more on that in a bit.
DSCF4676.JPG
DSCF46771.JPG
DSCF46782.JPG

This light only weights maybe 7 pds give or take so again I was concered that it wasn't going to be that good....and then I turned it on!
DSCF46791.JPG
DSCF46802.JPG
DSCF46812.JPG
DSCF46822.JPG
DSCF46831.JPG
DSCF46842.JPG
DSCF46852.JPG

This thing is REALLY bright! I mean it hurts my brain to look at it lol..
I got absolutely no info with it, I have no idea how many watts it draws or the size of the footprint, it appears the reflectors are angled at around 120 degrees, this thing has really good coverage, im going to say 36-38 x 36-38 core footprint.Check out the angle on the floor and the cabinet.
DSCF46872.JPG
DSCF4691.JPG
DSCF4690.JPG

Just a cool pic
DSCF46862.JPG

So I decided to hang it in place of my 400w MH to see how it looked over a 4 x 4 tray with 4 plants in it.
Before and after pics.
DSCF4706.JPG
DSCF4707.JPG
DSCF4708.JPG
DSCF4709.JPG
DSCF4711.JPG
DSCF4713.JPG
DSCF4714.JPG
DSCF47151.JPG
DSCF4716.JPG
DSCF4717.JPG
DSCF4718.JPG
DSCF47191.JPG
DSCF4721.JPG
DSCF4728.JPG

Looks to me like it will cover a 4 x 4 area pretty good. Because its so intense I hung it at 29 inches from the canopy.
DSCF4729.JPG
DSCF4730.JPG

Ok so heres the plan.I going to leave it right where it is until this round in the flower room is done, another 2-3 weeks. The plants under the new light are the first 4 to go in 4 more to follow 3 weeks later and then another 4 three weeks after that to complete the perpetual cycle.Im going to take one of my big panels down and replace it with Sara's light and put the big one over the 4 x 4 veg tray. Im going to keep 1 Black Domina #4 under it and another Black domina #4 under one of my panels for the entire flower period.Same medium same conditions, I ve already shown that my panels work great so this side by side will give us a good idea of how good these lights are.
I ll start a new journal as soon as this round is done:)

PS: Sara, the fan on this light pulses, I can actually see the blades speed up and slow down, I think this has something to do with the rattling I hear if I flip the light over.Maybe it got banged around a bit during shipping and broke the mount. I suggest a stiffer box with thicker styrofoam for shipping.I think the fan needs to be replaced.

Holy shit that's bright for its size! Looks like it gives good coverage. I know there wasn't any info with it but do you know how many watts it's meant to be? Appearances can definitely be deceiving, it looks like it'll pack a punch

It look like it just has multiple diodes on one chip, 25 on each chip. Wonder what wattage of each diode is? So I guess that what COB is, multiple diodes on one chip.

And how can you do a good test without a KillAWatt meter?, you scrub! I am joking BTW making fun of that AZMedMan or whatever his name was that was trolling BID's journal.

That thing does seem pretty bright, your dogs look a little disturbed by it lol.

dude I need one of them to make my dogs lay down too:)

Back
Top Bottom