Jon705's Multi Strain HPS LED Hybrid System

Nice jon! That hash looks like Nepalese I have seen back in the day........but I KNOW the taste and lack of harshness would blow the oldschool off the water! I have an ongoing problem jon, I get purpling on plants that I know isn't a genetic trait. I bomb em with calmag, and Epsom....I can't get satisfactory results. Do you have any ideas why this is happening?, it always happens and I need to address this and get it behind me. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Nice tent, Nice grow and Happy Skunkday Jon and Mrs.705:circle-of-love:
Oh and nice chunk of love too:)

Thanks Buck:Namaste:Im pretty close to Sudbury Ontario bro about 4 hrs north of Toronto,we still get lots of sun here, suns up by 6:30 and sets around 8:30-9:00 this time of year, that greenhouse still gets 8 hrs direct sunlight:)
DSCF46471.JPG

Cool... loosing daylight fast like me :cheesygrinsmiley: Yum ... OK reason #2 trimmers are our friend :cheesygrinsmiley:

Nice jon! That hash looks like Nepalese I have seen back in the day........but I KNOW the taste and lack of harshness would blow the oldschool off the water! I have an ongoing problem jon, I get purpling on plants that I know isn't a genetic trait. I bomb em with calmag, and Epsom....I can't get satisfactory results. Do you have any ideas why this is happening?, it always happens and I need to address this and get it behind me. Any suggestions are appreciated!
Thanks McLoadie:Namaste:it is some pretty tasty stuff, im trying to leave it alone for a cpl weeks to really bing out the flavor but its so hard lol...

Ok so your sure its not genetic? why are you using so much cal/mag and epson salts? I ve never had to use extra cal/mag until I got these led's but then again I was growing in hydro. My neighbour is using the same conversion bulbs as you I think, they're dual spectrum bulbs, is that what your using? His plants have purple stems, could it be your lights? I only ask because led's give most strains purple stems so why not other unconventional lights?. Another thing is your mix, you make your own soil right, your own recipe? maybe some of the ingredients your using are causing it?
Are the plants suffering? like smaller nugs or yellowing?Im a total newb when it comes to organic soil bro so I might not be the best guy to ask but if the purpling isnt hurting them then its no big deal right?

Cool... loosing daylight fast like me :cheesygrinsmiley: Yum ... OK reason #2 trimmers are our friend :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yep its going fast lol...another month and the sun wont come up till 7 and go down at 7, gonna have to tune up my sled pretty soon, oh f**k ya!!
I trimmed just about all of those 88 autos myself in 5 days because of that trimmer bro so they definetly help, sure you loose trychs in it but man I'd still be trimming if I didnt have it lol.. and the hash sure is nice:roorrip:

i made some bubble has a few weeks back, now not making my own hash before i thought it would turn out like street hash, the hash we buy here comes in 9bars and its totally solid and full of nasty crap like bits of plastic and old vynol records smashed in, not even sure how much trichs are actually in it, but some of its is pretty crappy and falls out and burns anything it touches, like red hot stones, we call them hot rock burns,

but i gave up smoking hash years ago as it was just crap, we was paying like £5 per 1/4oz sometimes we got some nice squidy black and that was ok, but all the street hash you have to gently burn so you can pull some off then it sprinkles like dust, so i went to roll a spliff with this bubble hash, i put a lighter to it and it bubbled, i pinched a bit off and burned my fingers, its nothing like street hash, anyways its dried out a few weeks now so i can break a bit off and then break it into small pieces and roll it in a spliff, sure makes a change from smoking crappy street hash, now why cant all hash on the streets be like this,

i guess its all to do with profit

Thanks McLoadie:Namaste:it is some pretty tasty stuff, im trying to leave it alone for a cpl weeks to really bing out the flavor but its so hard lol...

Ok so your sure its not genetic? why are you using so much cal/mag and epson salts? I ve never had to use extra cal/mag until I got these led's but then again I was growing in hydro. My neighbour is using the same conversion bulbs as you I think, they're dual spectrum bulbs, is that what your using? His plants have purple stems, could it be your lights? I only ask because led's give most strains purple stems so why not other unconventional lights?. Another thing is your mix, you make your own soil right, your own recipe? maybe some of the ingredients your using are causing it?
Are the plants suffering? like smaller nugs or yellowing?Im a total newb when it comes to organic soil bro so I might not be the best guy to ask but if the purpling isnt hurting them then its no big deal right?

OK, sorry jon, let me get you up to speed; I have dr earth POTting soil, and I'm using dr earth nutes, alternating between the vegetable formula and the bloom booster. I'm using the 420 watt induction light. Ya know, the plant I took the cuts from is still growing outside, no purpling on it at all! I get the purpling under the t5 too! I'm thinking it may be from the well water, I've had some luck with calmag in the past....it has lessened the purpling, I think my water is loaded with calcium, and the calmag never completely eliminated it. I jus keep thinking that the purpling may be linked to something that could cause reduced yield. These plants are going to end up being almost a perfect sq. meter.....so I'll have a breeders comparison. I tried to put the plants on r/o water a coupla runs ago and they hated it and a bunch of negative stuff started happening. I'm so busy, getting water at the store all the time is a pain in my butt, and I have had good results with this well water in the past. We went through the whole pH thing when I tried the growers pride, and my stuff is a solid 7, and always has been. I have been tempted to try and drop it to 6 or 6.5, but I'm reluctant to do so with my testing equipment..........What you say makes a lot of sense...if its not causing issues then forget it!....Thanks bro!

OK, sorry jon, let me get you up to speed; I have dr earth POTting soil, and I'm using dr earth nutes, alternating between the vegetable formula and the bloom booster. I'm using the 420 watt induction light. Ya know, the plant I took the cuts from is still growing outside, no purpling on it at all! I get the purpling under the t5 too! I'm thinking it may be from the well water, I've had some luck with calmag in the past....it has lessened the purpling, I think my water is loaded with calcium, and the calmag never completely eliminated it. I jus keep thinking that the purpling may be linked to something that could cause reduced yield. These plants are going to end up being almost a perfect sq. meter.....so I'll have a breeders comparison. I tried to put the plants on r/o water a coupla runs ago and they hated it and a bunch of negative stuff started happening. I'm so busy, getting water at the store all the time is a pain in my butt, and I have had good results with this well water in the past. We went through the whole pH thing when I tried the growers pride, and my stuff is a solid 7, and always has been. I have been tempted to try and drop it to 6 or 6.5, but I'm reluctant to do so with my testing equipment..........What you say makes a lot of sense...if its not causing issues then forget it!....Thanks bro![/QUOTE

Is it a new strain? some strains will take the well water better than others. Is this happening to new clones or just older plants?
I remember something Subcool said, he has hard well water too, what he does is feed the clones and young plants R/O water until they have a nice established root system then just straight well water and they seem to love it that way, he doesnt ph anything either.

Beautiful hash there Jon, gotta love the perks of the trimming, OG Love the tent/greenhouse.
Thanks OG:Namaste: yep that greenhouse is exactly what I needed to finish photoperiod plants this far north, I think next year im going to do 4 huge plants in there right in the ground. I picturing four 150 gallon holes half full of supersoil, should be interesting:)

OK, sorry jon, let me get you up to speed; I have dr earth POTting soil, and I'm using dr earth nutes, alternating between the vegetable formula and the bloom booster. I'm using the 420 watt induction light. Ya know, the plant I took the cuts from is still growing outside, no purpling on it at all! I get the purpling under the t5 too! I'm thinking it may be from the well water, I've had some luck with calmag in the past....it has lessened the purpling, I think my water is loaded with calcium, and the calmag never completely eliminated it. I jus keep thinking that the purpling may be linked to something that could cause reduced yield. These plants are going to end up being almost a perfect sq. meter.....so I'll have a breeders comparison. I tried to put the plants on r/o water a coupla runs ago and they hated it and a bunch of negative stuff started happening. I'm so busy, getting water at the store all the time is a pain in my butt, and I have had good results with this well water in the past. We went through the whole pH thing when I tried the growers pride, and my stuff is a solid 7, and always has been. I have been tempted to try and drop it to 6 or 6.5, but I'm reluctant to do so with my testing equipment..........What you say makes a lot of sense...if its not causing issues then forget it!....Thanks bro![/QUOTE

Is it a new strain? some strains will take the well water better than others. Is this happening to new clones or just older plants?
I remember something Subcool said, he has hard well water too, what he does is feed the clones and young plants R/O water until they have a nice established root system then just straight well water and they seem to love it that way, he doesnt ph anything either

The the plants in flower are super skunk, and the clones are from the best plant from the last run....which is purple kush......non commercial grower to grower stuff. The cuts are almost completely green now after checking. This was the healthiest out of my last run, the plant was purple....the stems and petioles, but was pretty healthy. I flowered it last time under the hps, but overvegged the crap out of it under the t5. These 18 cuts look at least as good as the seed plant.......and are growing branches at the lower nodes that will surely turn into fruit wood. You would love this plant.......the buds are very presentable, exotic when cured...and unusual. Your broker must be beggin for your product, the quality you produce is VERY uncommon in commercial markets here...........mostly NO commercial market, if you're lucky enough to know a good grower here....you will get their scraps! I have noticed that this micro grown weed has very complicated odors and flavors.....the shit is just like wine.......you can taste the soil!

Just have to figure out where im going to put it, the problem is I dont have space to do a sepereate 1 plant grow with it, what you see in the pics and vids is all the space I have to work with so I ll probably hang it inbetween the hps and led's and just keep one plant under it for the whole grow.Because my girls are so big it will catch some light from the other lights around the edges but theres not much I can do about that but it should still give us a good idea on how well the light works:)

I hope to get feminized yeti seeds this run jon, one that is growing outside is 9 feet tall and 7 feet wide! IDK how I'm going to manage it when it gets heavy, every square inch of it has flowers....foxtailed!
WOW! I only have 10 feet at the peek of the greenhouse bro but its 10 ft wide so I ll be training them into bushes, 8 feet tall 8 feet wide:)
pick up some pvc and build a square frame around it, use some netting on the top and sides for support?

The the plants in flower are super skunk, and the clones are from the best plant from the last run....which is purple kush......non commercial grower to grower stuff. The cuts are almost completely green now after checking. This was the healthiest out of my last run, the plant was purple....the stems and petioles, but was pretty healthy. I flowered it last time under the hps, but overvegged the crap out of it under the t5. These 18 cuts look at least as good as the seed plant.......and are growing branches at the lower nodes that will surely turn into fruit wood. You would love this plant.......the buds are very presentable, exotic when cured...and unusual. Your broker must be beggin for your product, the quality you produce is VERY uncommon in commercial markets here...........mostly NO commercial market, if you're lucky enough to know a good grower here....you will get their scraps! I have noticed that this micro grown weed has very complicated odors and flavors.....the shit is just like wine.......you can taste the soil!
ok let me see if im understanding you lol(Ijust woke up) ,the superskunks in flower are purpuling(sp) and the PK isnt? I ve just done a little reading and the common answer seems to be sulfur def either caused by the nutes or the ph is out of wack causing a lockout, have you tested the run off? some strains will take higher ph better than others.This round ive been making sure the ph is between 6.2-6.5.
Thanks for the compliment bro:Namaste: I try to treat my grow like its a huge personal grow lol..comercial growers need to take more pride in they're product, around here people are very picky, if its harsh or has dark ash nobody will buy it they just go to the next guy but I havent had any complaints:)

Back
Top Bottom