Jon705's Multi Strain HPS LED Hybrid System

Heres a few shots of the veg room, I did some pretty heavy lst training and defoliating on the girls and they didnt even slow down at all, so far im really liking this TopLed panel:)
DSCF48752.JPG
DSCF48742.JPG
DSCF48762.JPG
DSCF48712.JPG
DSCF48722.JPG
DSCF48732.JPG
DSCF48772.JPG
DSCF48782.JPG
DSCF48791.JPG
DSCF48801.JPG
DSCF48812.JPG
DSCF48821.JPG
DSCF48831.JPG
DSCF48842.JPG

and im off to get these Timewreck into some 1 gallon pots:)
DSCF48851.JPG

Jon, as you know I am thinking a 3x3 tent is going to be my starting set up. I am struggling to decide if the 144x3w or the 192x3w panel is right for me. I like the length of coverage of the 144x3w but its width worries me some at a stated width coverage of 2.2'. I do like the idea of the 8' of coverage for possible future "veg only" tent. But the 192x3w panel has a 4.4'x4.4' coverage area that may fit the 3x3 tent better but does come at a higher cost. Any thoughts?

Jon, as you know I am thinking a 3x3 tent is going to be my starting set up. I am struggling to decide if the 144x3w or the 192x3w panel is right for me. I like the length of coverage of the 144x3w but its width worries me some at a stated width coverage of 2.2'. I do like the idea of the 8' of coverage for possible future "veg only" tent. But the 192x3w panel has a 4.4'x4.4' coverage area that may fit the 3x3 tent better but does come at a higher cost. Any thoughts?
If your planning on upgrading or going bigger in the future and you can afford the bigger panel then I would go with that one, keep in mind the tent and light arent all you will need, theres also your intake and exaust fans, nutes, temp humidity gauge, possible duhumidifier or humidifier at least in the room the tent is in, thats just to get started.

If your planning on upgrading or going bigger in the future and you can afford the bigger panel then I would go with that one, keep in mind the tent and light arent all you will need, theres also your intake and exaust fans, nutes, temp humidity gauge, possible duhumidifier or humidifier at least in the room the tent is in, thats just to get started.

Yeah I am aware the tent and light are not the only items I will need, but they are the bigger ticket items. Once I get them than I am committed and will have to move forward lol. Money is a bit of an issue for me thats why I would love to feel confident that the 144x3w panel would cover the 3x3 area well. But basing it purely off their stated coverage specs it sounds like it may be skimping a little on the edges of the tent.

Jon, I have a problem, I have 4 outside plants with these little green worms, they're right up in the buds. The buds are slightly smaller than a golf ball......they are tight up inside em and it looks like mold combined with their shit......what can I do, I have all the sns products you do, is there anything that will fu-k em up?...I'm a little concerned!
wow! sorry to hear that bro, so theres worms and mold? im not really impressed with th sns stuff tbh, that blue hash I have has a bit of pm so I saoked the plant down with 3/4 of the bottle of fungicide a few days ago and today its back, same goes for that rosemary crap, didnt do a thing for the fungus gnat issue I had awhile back.Since your so early into flower how do you feel about some stronger stuff? Wilsons Malathion is what I use outdoors, it says it safe up till a few days before harvest, personally I wouldnt use it that late but it would be fine now and it works great, I soaked the plants im flowering indoors right now with it when I brought them back inside and the next day there was all kinds of dead bugs on the plants and floor.I sprayed the rest of the plants outdoors with Wilsons Defender,its a fungicide and so far so good, hope this helps:)

wow! sorry to hear that bro, so theres worms and mold? im not really impressed with th sns stuff tbh, that blue hash I have has a bit of pm so I saoked the plant down with 3/4 of the bottle of fungicide a few days ago and today its back, same goes for that rosemary crap, didnt do a thing for the fungus gnat issue I had awhile back.Since your so early into flower how do you feel about some stronger stuff? Wilsons Malathion is what I use outdoors, it says it safe up till a few days before harvest, personally I wouldnt use it that late but it would be fine now and it works great, I soaked the plants im flowering indoors right now with it when I brought them back inside and the next day there was all kinds of dead bugs on the plants and floor.I sprayed the rest of the plants outdoors with Wilsons Defender,its a fungicide and so far so good, hope this helps:)

Thank you jon.....tomorrow we'll go and pick through it by hand and I'll have a better idea of how to go about this.......I have em on four plants that are covered with sticky ass buds...........if I think I can pick em off by hand I'll do that...fak!....you know they picked the plants that have the gooiest shit on em of course!!!! LOL...wtf am I gonna do if they get on the 12 footer?....LOL

after reading many posts after I noticed the fuzzy love on your girls I see where the love Buck has passed:bravo:
loves some hash tips I do
Happy Munchday Jon and Mrs.705:)

Personally I would spray them all now bro before its to late, even the ones you dont see any worms on, just in case, and if theres mold then theres more spores probably everywhere now, add dew or rain and your going to have problems.

Jon, you really have no idea how your work influences me, I only grow a few piddly plants, but I try to think things through like I'm runnin a rig like yours....... So, this is what's goin on; I felt that a test was in order due to the potential of that small patch of weed. I took one of the clones I just rooted and sprayed it.....just soaked the shit out of it with the same mixture I will potentially use on the grow. I waited one day.......with a hard dose like I mixed up, there would be some evidence of damage in that time. The cut looked fine so I went to the patch and sprayed the shit out of a minimally affected plant.......right on the main cola down to the bottom at the ground....two days and it looks fine. I applied a second dose to it and requested the product. I'll look at the test plant one more time, then mix and spray....I gotta scrape up a sprayer somewhere! Of course, it's been raining a lot jon, so I'll do my best! I did some tie work at the patch yesterday.......everythings getting heavier and I have to check and tie most every day...and then with the added weight of the rain.......These plants still look good as hell...........I need to get pics of one exceptional subject, I have never seen buds this heavy on a plant at this stage..........this should be a two to three pound plant.......

after reading many posts after I noticed the fuzzy love on your girls I see where the love Buck has passed:bravo:
loves some hash tips I do
Happy Munchday Jon and Mrs.705:)
Good weed Fishy, ever since seing Bucks hash tips i ve wanted some of my own lol..I think it just boils down to certain strains, that tip in the pics isnt even directly under a light, its the only one on the plant and the rest of it is directly under a light, I have no idea what causes them but wouldn't it be cool if a whole plant was covered in them:loopy::yummy:

Hey Jon, I have ordered my tent, light, thermometer/humidistat, outlet timer and thermostat operated outlet. Gonna need my intake and exhaust system components still I know. I was wondering if you had any pointers on nutrients that work well for LED light growing, strengths, and schedule? Or maybe a link to a good thread that covers those topics? Also, I saw the link you posted for the DIY CO2 generator. Is CO2 something I should be worring about on a first grow?

Jon, you really have no idea how your work influences me, I only grow a few piddly plants, but I try to think things through like I'm runnin a rig like yours....... So, this is what's goin on; I felt that a test was in order due to the potential of that small patch of weed. I took one of the clones I just rooted and sprayed it.....just soaked the shit out of it with the same mixture I will potentially use on the grow. I waited one day.......with a hard dose like I mixed up, there would be some evidence of damage in that time. The cut looked fine so I went to the patch and sprayed the shit out of a minimally affected plant.......right on the main cola down to the bottom at the ground....two days and it looks fine. I applied a second dose to it and requested the product. I'll look at the test plant one more time, then mix and spray....I gotta scrape up a sprayer somewhere! Of course, it's been raining a lot jon, so I'll do my best! I did some tie work at the patch yesterday.......everythings getting heavier and I have to check and tie most every day...and then with the added weight of the rain.......These plants still look good as hell...........I need to get pics of one exceptional subject, I have never seen buds this heavy on a plant at this stage..........this should be a two to three pound plant.......
Thanks Mcloadie, im glad im helping out a bit bro, what mix did you end up going with? is this a guerilla grow or right in your yard? is building a shelter over them, an option? Lots of rain sucks at this stage bigtime..ive had 4 days straight of thunderstorms and torrential downpours, my neighbour had a hgk in his yard and it got beat up pretty bad lost a main branch yesterday. The heavier the nugs get the more delicate the plants get bro, covering them would really help protect your babies not only from damage from wind and rain but it would also save you money in the long run because everytime it rains your going to have to spray again, especially the fungicide, when it rains alot of that moisture will get right down into the nooks and crannies of the nugs, they can stay wet for days after a good rain fall, all this moisture and humidity is a perfect recipe for mold, just the really high humidity alone is what caused the budrot on my auto's this year, I wish I would of built the greenhouse in the spring, they probably would of got to finish if I had, hope this helps bro:)

Hey Jon, I have ordered my tent, light, thermometer/humidistat, outlet timer and thermostat operated outlet. Gonna need my intake and exhaust system components still I know. I was wondering if you had any pointers on nutrients that work well for LED light growing, strengths, and schedule? Or maybe a link to a good thread that covers those topics? Also, I saw the link you posted for the DIY CO2 generator. Is CO2 something I should be worring about on a first grow?

Make yourself some super soil to grow in. Subcool's Super Soil | Cannabis Culture Don't worry about Co2 until your confident in your growing!!!

Hey LTP, thats awesome bro im glad to here your getting everything together:bravo:. My advice is stick with the KISS system until you have had a few successful grows. Any quality line nutrients will work just as well with led's, personally I suggest plain old promix bx and a good sinthetic nutrient line like General Hydroponics 3 part, the basic feeding chart is available on they're website, ive had good results with it and Vick gets awesome results with it and some additives.once you get comfortable with something like this you can start experimenting with more advanced tecniques or organics, actually depending on where you live there are some really good premixed lines of water only organic soils like suppersoil or one of our sponsors Scientific Soils, Name.com: Website Unavailable could be another option for you, doesnt get much easier than water only. As for co2, I wouldn't bother with it right now as long as you have your intake and exaust fans running, they will exchange the air in your tent every minute or two so its not nessasery. Again, once your comfortable with a simple system the skies the limit on what you can do, co2 is alot more efficient with a sealed grow enviroment, otherwise the exaust fans will just pump it out. Post a link here to your journal once its up and running bro, you will get all the help you need for a successful grow:)

Thanks for the info guys! I am reading through one of your earlier journals Jon, do you still find 85 degrees and 40% RH to be a good spot for your plants? I am doing a soil grow so are the nutrients you mentioned ok for that? Also you say Co2 is best for sealed grow environments..I like the sounds of sealed growing then I wouldnt need to get involved with intake and exhaust, are there cons to running a sealed grow environment?

Back
Top Bottom