Jon's Outdoor Winter Photoperiod Grow

How secure is that side light? Looks a bit precarious there propped up and leaning like it is. :eek:
I still say he should get a garage sale X-mas tree carousel or microwave for an even distribution of light 💡. But either way it should be interesting. lol CL🍀

How secure is that side light? Looks a bit precarious there propped up and leaning like it is. :eek:
Fall proof.

EDDD3CA0-BD53-4E3C-A29E-74CE2F6AD403.jpeg

I would think it'd work great as it would get direct light to the undercarriage to help increase the size of those buds, one of the main reasons growers like to do a defol after stretch.

Might make those lower buds grow out towards the light and mis-shapen them cause you're screwing with Mother Nature and how she likes to do things, but I think most of us would encourage you to do that. That way we can see what she does without incurring her wrath directly. :cheesygrinsmiley:
My only concern is the possibility of the additional light from the upper side causing a hermie. But I’m not causing any stress, so I think it’ll be okay.

Mimosa after her first full day with the side lighting is doing fine. Here’s an interesting picture. Check out the bud top. On the right it’s subject to the overhead, so it’s pinkish as that light has extra reds. The white side is the side light side, where the 420h full spectrum overwhelms the reds from above and the bud is white. Also note the pistils gravitating towards the side light, which is wild. It’s funny - her dark side leaves point up, her lit side leaves max out perfectly flat, horizontal to the floor. Equal light from the top and above. Leaves show it. Also wild.

A5139003-1E5F-4D76-B26D-B6D04D1C4D28.jpeg

LOL is "car" short for auto because it's 3 letters rather than 4?

90º would be better. Four sides @90º each. Otherwise your edges never get the direct side light.
...busy week. [Not off-topic because it's grow-related].
Not a very helpful video he didn’t show removing the turntable. But all things considered you shocked 😳 the 💩 out of me that you had one. Life lesson learned! NEVER DOUBT THE SHEDSTER! 🤣 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thanks::420::Namaste:

LOL is "car" short for auto because it's 3 letters rather than 4?

90º would be better. Four sides @90º each. Otherwise your edges never get the direct side light.
...busy week. [Not off-topic because it's grow-related].
Thanks @InTheShed - I was wondering about exactly that.

Kanno uses a translator program to connect with us so sometimes the message can get a bit garbled.
Understandable, I speak English and my messaging can get a bit garbled. Lol!

Not a very helpful video he didn’t show removing the turntable. But all things considered you shocked 😳 the 💩 out of me that you had one. Life lesson learned! NEVER DOUBT THE SHEDSTER! 🤣 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thanks::420::Namaste:
I’ve been reminded of that more than once… :rofl:

Mimosa
Flower Day 30

A month into flower and all is sweet.

In the bud pictures it’s hard to tell, but these buds are forming such that they are like a dense, green mass in the center with the pistils shooting out of that. As opposed to buds that start forming and look like just balls of pistils. When buds form like this, at least in my experience, it is an indicator that they are going to be very dense. Which is sweet if it turns out to be the case.

In terms of environmental stuff all is normal - mid to upper 70s and around 45% RH on average by day. At night I’ve been giving her the color treatment and have been running the AC on high overnight. She wakes up at 58-62 degrees, which again in my experience tends to produce a more colorful plant with denser buds. Fairly cold overnight. Heh.

A couple buds:

976AF01D-CE87-484E-8489-71ED02EE8F0C.jpeg

30881E98-ED86-4B7C-B502-F699765E0095.jpeg

Couple changes in the tent…

I raised the side light up higher so that it’s more from above by a couple inches, and turned it up to just over 25%. You can see it’s noticeably closer to the overhead light now.

The other change is purely aesthetic and just for fun.

96830831-97FD-4303-90E7-5BCD75C0F5D1.jpeg

DC680730-688B-454C-916B-AA2BF942D474.jpeg

Mimosa31

Added the big boy Lasko oscillating fan to the mix, removed the dehumidifier from the tent, checked ppfd (good, about 1200 on top and lit side), checked environmental conditions (pictured), took a few light blockers (leaves), and wow, this plant is going to be amazing. I love the terpene profile of the Mimosa. The first time I grew it I loved the result. This is a way better plant. Blimburn Seeds! Thanks!

33F7C5A6-64D5-47F8-A7D5-3771E35E9423.jpeg

35CB2C18-8F17-474E-99A5-ECA32534832D.jpeg

BCD4AE66-D76F-4F39-8ACB-C4043A130FB4.jpeg

3D2CAEAF-E923-4A21-AB5D-16DC6661B2AA.jpeg

C9EFB93A-1AAE-4C87-8358-D54C604C8848.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom