Jon's Outdoor Winter Photoperiod Grow

Bowl Making Update

Some of you may remember a while back I said I was going to make a bowl from a stem of one of my plants. At that time I showed the first cut.

It’s a lot further along. The final shape is done and it’s all drilled out and working properly. All I need to do now is fix the bowl part and add a screen, dig out the lightning bolt so it’s flush to the top, sand everything smooth all over and then put a coat of dark stain and then a glossy finish on it.

I’m psyched! Closer! It’s not going to win any awards but it’s not bad for a first try, and it functions perfectly.

64DBB207-94F6-4CAB-8AAE-1A4D2AA7F566.jpeg

0BAF4433-7085-47E8-A19C-6582D582CFB6.jpeg

0AC0FD74-A28C-4850-B956-A73B21BD3951.jpeg

FFFF88E5-1941-4773-960A-367ACC2064C9.jpeg

Mimosa
Lower Bud Development

Let’s take a look at the lowest buds on the plant. All these are from the lowest branches. I see them getting every bit as big as the ones above. Seemingly with the same dense green center with pistils out of that like some deranged Brain Coral. Very happy with this so far.

EB5E8E95-78DC-417E-8EB7-489BA6B1F28B.jpeg

E8A4015C-DC10-4943-B570-764C65A2613B.jpeg

4863AD56-C2B7-4890-B3A9-FCF5792EDCBC.jpeg

67A0A4F5-0736-4856-9640-69D1C5929359.jpeg

Bowl Making Update

Some of you may remember a while back I said I was going to make a bowl from a stem of one of my plants. At that time I showed the first cut.

It’s a lot further along. The final shape is done and it’s all drilled out and working properly. All I need to do now is fix the bowl part and add a screen, dig out the lightning bolt so it’s flush to the top, sand everything smooth all over and then put a coat of dark stain and then a glossy finish on it.

I’m psyched! Closer! It’s not going to win any awards but it’s not bad for a first try, and it functions perfectly.

64DBB207-94F6-4CAB-8AAE-1A4D2AA7F566.jpeg

0BAF4433-7085-47E8-A19C-6582D582CFB6.jpeg

0AC0FD74-A28C-4850-B956-A73B21BD3951.jpeg

FFFF88E5-1941-4773-960A-367ACC2064C9.jpeg
Don’t quit your day job bro but I’m glad it works. Lmao 😂 CL🍀 :rofl: :rofl::rofl::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::Namaste:

I would hope that my friend Jon would know that I was joking and if I offended anyone I apologize profusely. (No Emojis). CL🍀
The decided lack of comments like that, even if said in a joking manner, is what I like about this site which made yours stand out to me even more.

I'm sure Jon will take it as a ribbing. Enough said.

The decided lack of comments like that, even if said in a joking manner, is what I like about this site which made yours stand out to me even more.

I'm sure Jon will take it as a ribbing. Enough said.
To put this to rest:
- @CaptainLucky, of course I knew you were kidding, and you’re absolutely correct - I’m a stone cold rookie with no skills, hardly any tools, and just trying to have some fun. You will notice I also didn’t claim to be any sort of champion bowl lutheir. Lol. That said, if I should choose to become good at it, I will be producing art pieces in a short time. This is in no way beyond my ability to be really good at. But yes, my friend, of course I knew you were kidding, and you’d have to do a lot better than that to ever offend me.
@Azimuth - the above said, thanks for sticking up for me and having my back!
@InTheShed - Yeah, @BeezLuiz is creating serious art. His work would be among my aspirations.

Thanks you guys. That was very interesting and cool.

Looks great, Jon. :thumb: I like your design! Tag me when you are finished.

Mimosa
Flower Day 36

I think @Azimuth hit the nail on the head (again, lol). These buds are definitely forming a little differently than they were before I added the side light, and a bit differently than if I hadn’t. They are definitely responding in terms of size, but the growth seems to be popping out everywhere and in weird spots, lol. But other than that and the leaves being a bit confused about which way to pray, the experiment seems to be producing bulk. Ie - the point! I don’t care about the shape of the buds, as long as they smoke right with no hermies. That’s my only concern. It’s entirely possible that I have stressed this girl enough that even as we speak I’m filling up with little white, flat seeds, lol. But I think not.

I think you can see the oddness of growth in these shots.

D253F55B-62A3-426F-B3C4-859091CF91CB.jpeg

EC2FF092-32E3-48C4-B7F6-C3D157D31208.jpeg

Unless it's too  much total light, I don't think where the light comes from should be a stressor. Plants follow the sun in nature so they're more used to light everywhere else but the straight down stuff we typically give them.

Cool experiment for sure. :thumb:

How to F- Up A Perfectly Good Mimosa Plant, by Jon

Say hello to a very stupid and very pissed off Jon. So I didn’t like the roundness of the leaves coming out at the top of the buds. I thought, I’ve seen this before. And then I remembered where. The Spud Bud reveg. The leaves did this exact thing. So I checked my cords.

Dumbass Jon has gone from 12/12 from the top only, to 12 hours of top and side, to just 12 hours from the side. In other words - I plugged the side light into the wrong outlet, thinking it was the same as the other light and therefore on the timer. It was the wrong one.

So basically, since I installed the side light she’s been getting 24/0. 12 hours of both then 12 from the one side.

:(:confused::(:confused::(:confused::(:confused:

I’m so goddamn pissed off right now I can barely see straight.

So…side light is history. Back to 12/12 from above.

Who wants to bet there’s no way on god’s green earth this plant doesn’t hermie now. I’d almost bet my life on it.

Basically I took a plant that was as good as anything I’ve ever grown and ruined it. If she comes back from this and makes regular buds I’ll be shocked beyond shocked. I am so sure that I am now operating on the assumption that this plant will be a total and complete loss.

I sent the goddamn thing to reveg.

Shit.

How to F- Up A Perfectly Good Mimosa Plant, by Jon

Say hello to a very stupid and very pissed off Jon. So I didn’t like the roundness of the leaves coming out at the top of the buds. I thought, I’ve seen this before. And then I remembered where. The Spud Bud reveg. The leaves did this exact thing. So I checked my cords.

Dumbass Jon has gone from 12/12 from the top only, to 12 hours of top and side, to just 12 hours from the side. In other words - I plugged the side light into the wrong outlet, thinking it was the same as the other light and therefore on the timer. It was the wrong one.

So basically, since I installed the side light she’s been getting 24/0. 12 hours of both then 12 from the one side.

:(:confused::(:confused::(:confused::(:confused:

I’m so goddamn pissed off right now I can barely see straight.

So…side light is history. Back to 12/12 from above.

Who wants to bet there’s no way on god’s green earth this plant doesn’t hermie now. I’d almost bet my life on it.

Basically I took a plant that was as good as anything I’ve ever grown and ruined it. If she comes back from this and makes regular buds I’ll be shocked beyond shocked. I am so sure that I am now operating on the assumption that this plant will be a total and complete loss.

I sent the goddamn thing to reveg.

Shit.
Oh bro that sucks big time but you know what they say, doo doo occurs. Ya never know what’s gonna happen just keep your fingers crossed 🤞. Good luck my friend. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom