Jon's Outdoor Winter Photoperiod Grow

Imagine her twice that size. :yahoo:
She will surprise you. ;)
:morenutes::bravo: hehe.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
Well already when I feel the weight of the branches, they are heavy. They had a month of flower head start before the reveg, and I think catching it in a week has allowed for just enough stretch/extra growth that they’re potentially going to get huge and dense. I don’t know how long it takes for them to get “all the way back into flower,” but it seems they may be there. I also cut a lower bud apart and found zero signs of anything like a seed or a hermie. So far so good. Thanks.

Well already when I feel the weight of the branches, they are heavy. They had a month of flower head start before the reveg, and I think catching it in a week has allowed for just enough stretch/extra growth that they’re potentially going to get huge and dense. I don’t know how long it takes for them to get “all the way back into flower,” but it seems they may be there. I also cut a lower bud apart and found zero signs of anything like a seed or a hermie. So far so good. Thanks.
Good genetics will keep you on track. :thumb:
Get a saddle from her cuz your in for a fun ride. ;)

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Mimosa
Flower

Well, since this plant is almost purely experimental at this point, why not try one more?

Today I gave her a defol, and I also trimmed off the tip of every cola. Just a little - maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch. It’s sort of like @Emilya Green ’s bud swelling technique. Actually it’s exactly that, with one big “EXCEPT…”

I don’t know the timing anymore since the reveg. E says to do it in flower week five. That’s about where we’d be if there were no reveg, a little past. I’m flying purely on instinct in regards to the timing. Also responding to how the buds look. They all had a foxtail-like top stretch going on. I trimmed those to make the buds “stouter” vs “pointier.” Will it make them fatter? Time will tell!!

B580ADBC-C2F2-4280-9E27-75CE5A9F2DAA.jpeg

5541F6F7-8357-4526-A504-2484FBDEF3B0.jpeg

673D6CD4-7983-4ED5-9A20-E31BCCDA2121.jpeg

5E127360-6D20-4F94-8A82-9580F8811DFD.jpeg

99F7E8E3-3165-45B2-94F9-47B3BD5D5452.jpeg

0D11D6E9-B20A-4604-A800-1A6E7C5370DF.jpeg

Mimosa
Flower

Well, since this plant is almost purely experimental at this point, why not try one more?

Today I gave her a defol, and I also trimmed off the tip of every cola. Just a little - maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch. It’s sort of like @Emilya Green ’s bud swelling technique. Actually it’s exactly that, with one big “EXCEPT…”

I don’t know the timing anymore since the reveg. E says to do it in flower week five. That’s about where we’d be if there were no reveg, a little past. I’m flying purely on instinct in regards to the timing. Also responding to how the buds look. They all had a foxtail-like top stretch going on. I trimmed those to make the buds “stouter” vs “pointier.” Will it make them fatter? Time will tell!!

B580ADBC-C2F2-4280-9E27-75CE5A9F2DAA.jpeg

5541F6F7-8357-4526-A504-2484FBDEF3B0.jpeg

673D6CD4-7983-4ED5-9A20-E31BCCDA2121.jpeg

5E127360-6D20-4F94-8A82-9580F8811DFD.jpeg

99F7E8E3-3165-45B2-94F9-47B3BD5D5452.jpeg

0D11D6E9-B20A-4604-A800-1A6E7C5370DF.jpeg
I'd say that it was a good call. Let's watch them swell up!

Em does that, too? I know @Krissi Carbone documented her effort in detail on her recent grow.

My drummer sent me the first review I’ve gotten besides my own on the Platinum Mimosa Cookies:

Agreed, but a win is a win and it helps the Lakers. The PMC is some high octane shit! Very heady almost to the point where you can’t focus on simple tasks. It may end up being a nighttime or weekend thing or nighttime/weekend thing cause it’s so damn strong. Looks amazing, great density and texture and moisture is spot on. Taste is really good.

I’ll take it!!

Mimosa
Flower

In this first picture you can see how every calyx on the buds is exploding into white hairs. My fear of this girl hermie-ing on me is way down. These little calyx’s have popped up everywhere on every bud - like a crazy amount of them on the bodies of the buds themselves. Initially I thought, yep, here come the seeds. But after about three or four days here I see that all these little calyx’s are popping hairs. All of them. I’m beginning to feel really a lot better about this plant and then some. She could be one of my biggest beasts ever. COULD be. Maybe. I do tend to get pretty lucky with experimenting however. Ah, a man can dream. And if she does go nuts, what a great strain to have tons of!

Here’s the bud that pretty much tells the story and a tower shot.

1F4CABCD-F9F3-4CAD-8FD8-5A1FF813B6B7.jpeg

DF6A7694-E78C-4286-8D84-9C9877D85C51.jpeg

Mimosa
Flower

In this first picture you can see how every calyx on the buds is exploding into white hairs. My fear of this girl hermie-ing on me is way down. These little calyx’s have popped up everywhere on every bud - like a crazy amount of them on the bodies of the buds themselves. Initially I thought, yep, here come the seeds. But after about three or four days here I see that all these little calyx’s are popping hairs. All of them. I’m beginning to feel really a lot better about this plant and then some. She could be one of my biggest beasts ever. COULD be. Maybe. I do tend to get pretty lucky with experimenting however. Ah, a man can dream. And if she does go nuts, what a great strain to have tons of!

Here’s the bud that pretty much tells the story and a tower shot.

1F4CABCD-F9F3-4CAD-8FD8-5A1FF813B6B7.jpeg

DF6A7694-E78C-4286-8D84-9C9877D85C51.jpeg
What I’m wondering now is, will there come a point where we get back to the emergence of pointed leaves? Like plain old pointy sugar leaves? It’s very interesting how the sugars turn round ended in the reveg. Experienced it twice now. The first one - the Spud bud from a few grows back, DID Eventually get back to pointed leaves before the chop. This Mimosa - to look at her she’s got a ton of time left. Like six to eight weeks, at least to my relatively inexperienced eye. I would think that’s enough time to get back to “normal” flowering.

SNEAK PEEK
FUN FUN FUN

After this grow, at the end of April, I will finally be moving back to PA. FINALLY!!! I can’t wait. When I get there, my first order of business is going to be to get my new tent up and running. This will be a dedicated journal and grow officially sponsored by North Atlantic Seed Company, one of my favorite sponsors and one of the best seed banks in the US. There IS no faster delivery on planet earth. And their catalog consists of purely high end genetics.

I have been fortunate enough to have struck up a good, solid working relationship with Beth, the owner of NASC. As such, recently I was researching strains for the new tent grow and decided it was finally time for me to take a shot at the sativa of all sativas (imho), my #1 favorite all time strain, the mighty SUPER SILVER HAZE. I reached out to Beth and asked her opinion as to who has the best SSH genetics and from what breeder should I get the seeds. She knows many of the top breeders in the world, so I figured with such a famous strain she’d know. And indeed she did. And once again I am back to Arjan’s. Greenhouse it is. And NASC carries them.

They were out of stock. Then, long story short, Beth and I started talking, and before I knew it I had an official sponsor for the grow and as such, a free pack of 5 SSH seeds from Grenhouse Seeds!!! Beth found some where nobody knew to look or something and got them right to me!! They arrived yesterday. Thanks Beth!

That’s a sponsor. :adore:

So as far as the grow, I’ll tell you this and leave you with one photo. There are some cool components in this grow:

- brand new 5x5x9 GGT
- brand new NextLight Mega Pro 640 watt light
- 1 plant
- 15 gallon pot
- 4 foot wide rotating round scrog
- Arjan’s Super Silver Haze photoperiod
- 44” wide Hula Hoop
- specialized screen support system
- attempting a scrog that finishes 5’ high or more, with a foot or more of stem under each cola (above screen), by utilizing a tweak to how most people do scrogs

It’s going to be a lot of fun and it’s going to look cool too. I’ll tag a bunch of you guys.

Maybe you can visualize from this:

D3AB4008-4852-45F5-BB66-205E3E9B5405.jpeg

I figure if you don’t share your failures and the things that didn’t turn out the way you wanted, you’re not sharing the true experience. I take pride in my failures.

Here’s my latest - a fait accompli - my first ever try at a stem bowl. Clearly I need work. Lol. But I learned a ton on this one. The thin mother of pearl sheets can NOT actually be cut with sharp scissors. Not for fun shapes. Every time I tried the lightning bolt the points chipped off. Finally I had to defer to a plain horrid rectangle. And the blue bolt also got chipped. I tossed it together. But it was fun to do, and next time I will produce something impressive. For a first try I’ll take it. It’s not the easiest thing in the world to do.

D49DE0A8-0A77-4A58-831B-27678F7F5FAF.jpeg

Mimosa

This plant is crazy.

So here’s a bud off the lowest branch on the plant. It’s gigantic. The foxtail type growth is all growing together as I had hoped. But I continue to check for seeds and hermies. So I look closely at this bud and see all those things that I thought on first glance were seeds. They sure look like seeds. Guess what? They’re not seeds. They are huge balls of calyx’s that are all popping hairs everywhere. It’s incredible. I have never come close to seeing this kind of bud development. Not just size, but the way they’re forming. Very odd, very exciting. This reveg thing needs some more thought. If I could make every plant do this simply by revegging for a week after a month of flower, hell, that might be worth a shot.

7C03E704-4F07-4EA0-9096-97E77CEFF4D7.jpeg

894CFD4C-83F6-417A-96B5-55C0CA732367.jpeg

6D97E729-E833-4EB5-BFCA-2DD56F4C5332.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom