Jon's Outdoor Winter Photoperiod Grow

Mimosa

This plant is crazy.

So here’s a bud off the lowest branch on the plant. It’s gigantic. The foxtail type growth is all growing together as I had hoped. But I continue to check for seeds and hermies. So I look closely at this bud and see all those things that I thought on first glance were seeds. They sure look like seeds. Guess what? They’re not seeds. They are huge balls of calyx’s that are all popping hairs everywhere. It’s incredible. I have never come close to seeing this kind of bud development. Not just size, but the way they’re forming. Very odd, very exciting. This reveg thing needs some more thought. If I could make every plant do this simply by revegging for a week after a month of flower, hell, that might be worth a shot.

7C03E704-4F07-4EA0-9096-97E77CEFF4D7.jpeg

894CFD4C-83F6-417A-96B5-55C0CA732367.jpeg

6D97E729-E833-4EB5-BFCA-2DD56F4C5332.jpeg
Beautiful. :thumb:
Crazy Cool.
How was your weekend?

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Beautiful. :thumb:
Crazy Cool.
How was your weekend?

Bill284 😎
Hi @Bill284 - the gig was a ton of fun. First reunion since 2013. We all live in different geographies and don’t play together, so there were a couple train wrecks, but overall we played as if we had never stopped. I posted a song here last night but Teddy took it down and said I could put it in off topic. I may do that. Where the camera is you can see me playing real well. Sound is excellent. If I post it I’ll let folks know. Thanks for asking. How are you doing?

Hi @Bill284 - the gig was a ton of fun. First reunion since 2013. We all live in different geographies and don’t play together, so there were a couple train wrecks, but overall we played as if we had never stopped. I posted a song here last night but Teddy took it down and said I could put it in off topic. I may do that. Where the camera is you can see me playing real well. Sound is excellent. If I post it I’ll let folks know. Thanks for asking. How are you doing?
I must have watched an hour or so. :thumb:
Excellent show, well done.
I envy your abilities my friend. :love:
I'm glad it went well.
Were you a good boy? :rofl:

Bill284 😎

I must have watched an hour or so. :thumb:
Excellent show, well done.
I envy your abilities my friend. :love:
I'm glad it went well.
Were you a good boy? :rofl:

Bill284 😎
Geez, thanks @Bill284. That means a lot to me. Six years ago after my accident I had to relearn how to play. It was a couple months before I could even lift the instrument myself. So I do take a small amount of pride in my relatively hack-level bass playing, lol. I’m a better grower. :rofl:

Mimosa Madness

The tournament where the Mimosa is the #1 overall seed. And the only participant! Heh.

So here’s the monster as a whole and then two buds shots. This first one shows you that these buds are basically masses of individual almost-foxtails which are all coalescing and growing together into giant single buds. This beast is one that has not yet gotten far in terms of becoming one bud.

The second bud shot is an example of a bud which HAS started to become one bud and grow together. Note the shape is beginning to look like an actual bud, lol.

About 75% of the buds are like the first bud pic, the rest are starting to take shape like the second bud pic.

Heh.

54B372EA-9F29-4327-B936-02197A352139.jpeg

C451CFC8-0B4A-43BF-8451-C9FCF45D55A8.jpeg

712A542A-4FE0-4324-9537-0A8DB0461DEF.jpeg

Geez, thanks @Bill284. That means a lot to me. Six years ago after my accident I had to relearn how to play. It was a couple months before I could even lift the instrument myself. So I do take a small amount of pride in my relatively hack-level bass playing, lol. I’m a better grower. :rofl:
Oh I forgot your other question…

No. I was definitely not a good boy. Lmao!!

Monster Watch
Mimosa
Flower

Craziness.

Here’s the whole girl, then a focus on some side branching. Note that the gigantic focus buds in the pictures are just little side branch buds off the main branches. That is insanity. These are things I often trim so they don’t become junk! After that is a lower bud shot and a picture of the top of the biggest main cola on the plant. I have no idea what’s happening there, more insanity.

What a fun ride this girl is!!

ED5EA265-D763-46BC-A4B2-0BF4C06C9B89.jpeg

7498F12E-49FC-4BC6-8AB0-FCBDDEC8B579.jpeg

05B411A2-FFD0-4C00-A2BF-8357B3A029BA.jpeg

4DBA2DA9-2EDD-409A-ADB1-4607CAD3BC6D.jpeg

896D3FF1-05F3-4B42-B2E8-379A2FEFBD7F.jpeg

E4FB5832-ACC5-4398-A103-ADDD27FA083B.jpeg

You absolutely rock.:thumb:

Bill284 😎

I'm curious @Jon how you're going to cut it. And one more thing can you stop by my journal? I would need your opinion. Thanks
Of course I’ll stop by. I’ve been a real ass lately about other people’s journals. I just have a ton of stuff going on in my personal life and it’s been hard for me. My apologies.

Cutting it? At harvest? I don’t see that it requires any special or different chopping than normal. Just big heavy branches, that’s all. I will likely do a fair share of wet trimming too if they turn out as dense and big as they seem they’re going to. The colas are covered with large, oddly shaped leaves that seem to be halfway in between sugars and fans, with a roundness to them. Some of that will have to go.

Mimosa

Well this is interesting and has me thinking crazy thoughts. Check out the montage below. You can see the pot is chock full of roots - packed extremely densely. I won’t be using 7s for photos again with coco, lol. Anyway, apparently her roots have decided to go walkabout. Wow.

726E4055-A113-45A1-9F0B-01714F800E34.jpeg

DAA281F6-603F-4D20-AA26-8D2A9F8D518E.jpeg

2A8FFEBA-33F0-45D4-A4C8-57AD880F0483.jpeg

Of course I’ll stop by. I’ve been a real ass lately about other people’s journals. I just have a ton of stuff going on in my personal life and it’s been hard for me. My apologies.

Cutting it? At harvest? I don’t see that it requires any special or different chopping than normal. Just big heavy branches, that’s all. I will likely do a fair share of wet trimming too if they turn out as dense and big as they seem they’re going to. The colas are covered with large, oddly shaped leaves that seem to be halfway in between sugars and fans, with a roundness to them. Some of that will have to go.
Alright @Jon, nothing's going on stop when you have time. Above all, let everything be in order in your personal life.

Mimosa
Support Issues
Problem and Solution

I was going to wait to unveil my new friend. This will be a one plant scrog screen over a 15 gallon plant in my next 5x5 grow. For now it will work great to support the branches. All the lower ones would be horizontal shortly without some measure, this made it easier than a million sticks.

6A149E6C-D879-4A27-BF1A-2A36B13E54A2.jpeg

2A26772E-E868-4093-9893-DF6434B50F9E.jpeg

Mimosa
Support Issues
Problem and Solution

I was going to wait to unveil my new friend. This will be a one plant scrog screen over a 15 gallon plant in my next 5x5 grow. For now it will work great to support the branches. All the lower ones would be horizontal shortly without some measure, this made it easier than a million sticks.

6A149E6C-D879-4A27-BF1A-2A36B13E54A2.jpeg

2A26772E-E868-4093-9893-DF6434B50F9E.jpeg
It will look a ton cooler and more professional when it becomes part of an integrated pot that’s solid and rotates all around. When its’ 48” is filled with buds it’s going to be glorious. The plastic is thick and firm and will hold the screws perfectly without cracking the plastic. A 4’ round rotating scrog. I haven’t decide on how big the squares will be yet. Probably 1 1/2”.

Back
Top Bottom