Jon's Sneak It In Auto Grow

Hey @KeithLemon - now that we’re far enough along, I think *maybe* we have have one other difference in our plants. Check out your fans versus mine. Yours are bigger, with much wider spears on each leaf. Mine are thinner and the ones popping out now are pure sativa sugars. Mine is very much the sativa pheno, obviously. I’m wondering if maybe you got one that’s more hybrid or indica? I know we’re comparing an auto and a photo, but this part should be fair game for comparison. Can’t wait to see yours begin to make buds!!
Hi Jon, I would have to say my AF is definitely a hybrid, but the leaves do not come across as indica as they are not as wide as I would think an indica would be. I have never grown an indica plant before, so I have to judge my thoughts on pictures I have seen. I think they look a lot alike even though your AF is an auto and as for size your auto is big and mine is very large both are very bushy plants. Yours is much better looking as far as trimming goes. I really think they are much alike as far as looks go. I will have to see how they look when my goes into flower which I think will not be too long. In any case both will produce a lot of bud if it were not for the fact that one is an auto and the other a photo, I think they are very much the same. As you know I have only grown one other plant before, so I do not have the knowledge for a good comparison.

Pink Rozay Day 60
Apple Fritter Day 59

The PR is my favorite of all eight plants. She’s perfect. Beautiful plant. Huge budlets in the stack - love the bigness and roundness of the buds. They are obviously going to grow together and we’re gonna have sweet looking colas on this one. Very photogenic plant, and she hasn’t even revealed herself yet. And very productive for her size. All the buds are these big round balls - even the bottom buds. I might argue this is an indica pheno based on the buds (not enough data, lol), but if she is, WOW. She didn’t stay small and too tight like a lot of indicas and indica phenos do. She spread just enough. I did a better job than I usually do on Deflarfication, and as Shed shows you with every plant he grows, when you deflarf properly you get big, chunky, sweet-ass colas. This plant is 100% untrained. I didn’t even pull out side branches. So I think it is fair to say that this is pretty much the size of the plant - at least this pheno. Also the shape, roughly. Important to know in case I want to grow several in one space to get an idea of how many and what size pot. Next time I’ll use a seven for this strain and see if she gets bigger. I topped nothing on this plant, just did some light defoliation and flarf removal underneath. That’s it. I make the point because jeez, this Pink Rozay just grew like this! Her shape and formation is amazing. Very nice surprise all around as this was the one strain in the grow I had no reference points for from growing it or smoking it. And for the first time for me, a side branch outgrew the main cola. If you see the two tallest colas, the one that is maybe half an inch taller (tallest on the plant) is from the first node below the main cola. The other one is the main. Sort of unusual, no?

Meanwhile, I don’t know what to say about this Apple Fritter - this abomination of a monster auto…I continue to be extremely impressed with Blimburn. Everything I get from them rocks. This plant is going to yield huge. I wonder how much bigger or taller she’d get if I hadn’t topped the main stem.

While we’re at it, please enjoy this fledgling list of guaranteed GIGANTIC autos for you. (if you’re into that sort of thing)

- Watermelon Wedding Cake XXL (Growers Choice)
- Platinum Mimosa Cookies XXL (Growers Choice)
- Apple Fritter (Blimburn Seeds)
- Pineapple Express (Royal Queen Seeds)
- White Widow (Greenpoint Seeds)

Put those strains in big pots. Lol!!! The breeders listed reflect the ones I grew - other breeders of the same strain I cannot speak for, although the Pineapple Express is well known for size so I’d happily take a shot with any good breeder on that one. Same with the White Widow. I’ve seen other Apple Fritters too but this one is enough, I’m sold. And the WWC and PMC XXLs, as far as I’ve found, are exclusive to Growers Choice.

I will postulate that both of these girls are 90 day autos. The AF maybe longer. We’ll see. 60 days in and they haven’t even begun to look like buds yet. Still growing pearls.

Anyway, enough blathering. Here’s the two girls.

IMG_0841.jpeg

IMG_0842.jpeg
Bookmarked your awesome list!

Hi Jon, I would have to say my AF is definitely a hybrid, but the leaves do not come across as indica as they are not as wide as I would think an indica would be. I have never grown an indica plant before, so I have to judge my thoughts on pictures I have seen. I think they look a lot alike even though your AF is an auto and as for size your auto is big and mine is very large both are very bushy plants. Yours is much better looking as far as trimming goes. I really think they are much alike as far as looks go. I will have to see how they look when my goes into flower which I think will not be too long. In any case both will produce a lot of bud if it were not for the fact that one is an auto and the other a photo, I think they are very much the same. As you know I have only grown one other plant before, so I do not have the knowledge for a good comparison.
Cool. I don’t either - and it’s as small a pool of data as there is. Just ruminations. Lol!

So this picture showed up in my Featured Photos. I considered this once for a PHOTM entry. It’s a decent picture, but it also shows what can happen with a photo trained Dual Sombrero. When they cooperate, something like this happens. This was a Mandarin Zkittlez photo from last year. This plant was close to 8’ tall. She hermied, but I’m still smoking her kief. Before she did she was stunning. That one stuck in my craw a few days.

IMG_6139.jpeg

So this picture showed up in my Featured Photos. I considered this once for a PHOTM entry. It’s a decent picture, but it also shows what can happen with a photo trained Dual Sombrero. When they cooperate, something like this happens. This was a Mandarin Zkittlez photo from last year. This plant was close to 8’ tall. She hermied, but I’m still smoking her kief. Before she did she was stunning. That one stuck in my craw a few days.

IMG_6139.jpeg
Must have good neighbours 🤣🤣🤣 is that the neighbours house over pool fence

Must have good neighbours 🤣🤣🤣 is that the neighbours house over pool fence
Lol, it is. I’m in a gated community with the houses ten feet apart. I go with the hide it on the open theory. Heh.

Lol, it is. I’m in a gated community with the houses ten feet apart. I go with the hide it on the open theory. Heh.
I do the same thing Jon grow in plain sight. The neighbors come over and ask me what are you spraying on them and why are you pulling leaves off, what is that you are pouring in that plant. The biggest one is what are you always looking at. I have cool neighbors.

I do the same thing Jon grow in plain sight. The neighbors come over and ask me what are you spraying on them and why are you pulling leaves off, what is that you are pouring in that plant. The biggest one is what are you always looking at. I have cool neighbors.
Ha! I have asshole neighbors in general but the houses on either side of mine happen to house cool people. Pretty sure my retired doctor friend on the left side wants to smoke with me but doesn’t know how to approach the topic. Lol!

Ask him if he ever learned about the endocannabinoid system in med school.

Spoiler alert: they've only begun teaching it in a few schools for only a few years so unlikely a retired doc knows much about it.

Could be a good ice breaker though if you're so inclined.

Scenes From the Blurple Closet

The one that cracks me up the most is the scale side by side shot. Those two plants are the same age. Lmao. But don’t underestimate the smaller Pink Rozay. She may be dwarfed by the Apple Fritter but she’s no joke at all. I like the shadow play on the Gorilla Zkittlez too. Enjoy.

IMG_0844.jpeg

IMG_0846.jpeg

IMG_0848.jpeg

IMG_0847.jpeg

IMG_0845.jpeg

Scenes From the Blurple Closet

The one that cracks me up the most is the scale side by side shot. Those two plants are the same age. Lmao. But don’t underestimate the smaller Pink Rozay. She may be dwarfed by the Apple Fritter but she’s no joke at all. I like the shadow play on the Gorilla Zkittlez too. Enjoy.

IMG_0844.jpeg

IMG_0846.jpeg

IMG_0848.jpeg

IMG_0847.jpeg

IMG_0845.jpeg
Big difference in size and the apple fritter looks great. :thumb: :goodjob::cool:

How many bud sites on those plants Jon?

I'll wait. :p

How many bud sites on those plants Jon?

I'll wait. :p
Um….a couple? More than one? Too many to get any truly astounding buds? Enough to make trimming a serious pain in the ass? Lots of yield but small buds all around?

Like any of those?

:laugh:

Gorilla Zkittlez Trichomes

We are not harvesting this week. She’s got at least another week yet. Funny, to look at the buds you would think she was ready, or very close. They’re tight and dense and appear to be done or almost done. But the trichomes under LED don’t lie. She’s got a ways to go yet. I have tons of clear trichomes. The window is actually just beginning to open. The buds are fattening up. It’s just isn’t as obvious as it sometimes is.

IMG_0874.jpeg

IMG_0876.jpeg

Watermelon Wedding Cake #2

This is the beast in the corner. If anyone is going to outyield the monster Platinum Mimosa Cookies it’s this girl. She is getting super fat very quickly. This strain is so incredibly productive. Once again her guarantee holds. Just a beast each and every time.

Check out this cluster. Lowest on the plant. Here’s the cluster from overhead, a closeup on the largest bud of that cluster, (it’s big and it’s the lowest!!), and a low level shot of the plant. Side lights are off as it just washes the pictures in too much light and I can’t do anything with them. Hopefully better.

IMG_0879.jpeg

IMG_0880.jpeg

IMG_0881.jpeg

Gorilla Zkittlez Trichomes

We are not harvesting this week. She’s got at least another week yet. Funny, to look at the buds you would think she was ready, or very close. They’re tight and dense and appear to be done or almost done. But the trichomes under LED don’t lie. She’s got a ways to go yet. I have tons of clear trichomes. The window is actually just beginning to open. The buds are fattening up. It’s just isn’t as obvious as it sometimes is.

IMG_0874.jpeg

IMG_0876.jpeg
Btw @StoneOtter, we were incorrect. We both fell for the purple from the Blurple routine. There is not a smidgen of purple on this plant when you see it in real light. Straight up green and orange that shimmers silvery from the trichome sheet.

Pink Rozay

The pistils on this one are gorgeous. Crystalline, clearish/translucent, and golden, with pinkish tips here and there. And they’re all these big round balls. I’m excited.

IMG_0883.jpeg

IMG_0884.jpeg

Pink Rozay

The pistils on this one are gorgeous. Crystalline, clearish/translucent, and golden, with pinkish tips here and there. And they’re all these big round balls. I’m excited.

IMG_0883.jpeg

IMG_0884.jpeg
hi Jon you have some huge autos i hope you don't mind if i follow along ? im growing autos also but nothing like what i see here hoping i can learn a few things

Back
Top Bottom