Jon's ViparSpectra KS3000 Grow In A 3x3

SH71

Here’s a relatively clean picture of the trichomes on the buds with little or no sugar leaf trichomes in the frame. Had to take 12 photos to get this. Lol. It shows you how different the reality of the bud trichs themselves are versus the amber madness on the sugar leaves. The kief from this strain is going to be indica while the buds will be sativa. Lmao!!

F1E596B0-16FA-475C-A083-6CC8870BE6D9.jpeg
Didn’t know that was even possible. Learn something new everyday here. lol CL🍀

Didn’t know that was even possible. Learn something new everyday here. lol CL🍀
Thanks CL - yeah in my experience it’s just how the plants work cuz this seems to happen to all of them. The sugar leaves will almost always amber up before the buds. I was surprised at that too - @Emilya Green taught it to me many moons ago and I can remember my surprise.

Thanks CL - yeah in my experience it’s just how the plants work cuz this seems to happen to all of them. The sugar leaves will almost always amber up before the buds. I was surprised at that too - @Emilya Green taught it to me many moons ago and I can remember my surprise.
My joking comment was just about with all that amber the leaves are in indica mode. Lol. I don’t really think it’ll be noticeable in the kief, but who knows, maybe it will.

My joking comment was just about with all that amber the leaves are in indica mode. Lol. I don’t really think it’ll be noticeable in the kief, but who knows, maybe it will.
You got me on that one bro, very funny 😁. I’m thinking 🤔 ok how the hell can the kief be Indica but the bud Sativa. The man has been growing a lot longer than me but it just doesn’t make any sense. So I’m just gonna take it with a grain of salt 🧂. But I’m glad you cleared it up. CL🍀

You got me on that one bro, very funny 😁. I’m thinking 🤔 ok how the hell can the kief be Indica but the bud Sativa. The man has been growing a lot longer than me but it just doesn’t make any sense. So I’m just gonna take it with a grain of salt 🧂. But I’m glad you cleared it up. CL🍀
Lol! Yeah well, I think of it like this - the highest thc you can get from any plant is when the trichomes are 100% white with zero amber (not that that ever happens). As they go from white to amber they are converting (I consider it degrading, lol) and you’re getting more CBD and more couch lock (indica) effect. So to me, the when of when you harvest is super important. For example - I’m a sativa guy all the way. I usually attempt to grow coke weed. I’m also a high thc person. So with sativas it’s easy. But what about growing an indica? I don’t necessarily want everything the average indica offers. I don’t need to be tired. I don’t need the extent of the body buzz you get from indicas, I like a lot of head buzz. So one thing I’ve found is that guess what? We can control that too!!!

If you grow an indica and harvest when all the trichomes are white, you can mitigate to some extent the indica qualities and maximize the sativa-esque properties. (Most everything is hybrid nowadays, there’s almost always elements of both in what we grow). I call it growing a sativa-indica.

I’ve not had a plant with such a dramatic difference between the leaf trichs and bud trichs. I’m very curious to see how it all turns out.

Lol! Yeah well, I think of it like this - the highest thc you can get from any plant is when the trichomes are 100% white with zero amber (not that that ever happens). As they go from white to amber they are converting (I consider it degrading, lol) and you’re getting more CBD and more couch lock (indica) effect. So to me, the when of when you harvest is super important. For example - I’m a sativa guy all the way. I usually attempt to grow coke weed. I’m also a high thc person. So with sativas it’s easy. But what about growing an indica? I don’t necessarily want everything the average indica offers. I don’t need to be tired. I don’t need the extent of the body buzz you get from indicas, I like a lot of head buzz. So one thing I’ve found is that guess what? We can control that too!!!

If you grow an indica and harvest when all the trichomes are white, you can mitigate to some extent the indica qualities and maximize the sativa-esque properties. (Most everything is hybrid nowadays, there’s almost always elements of both in what we grow). I call it growing a sativa-indica.

I’ve not had a plant with such a dramatic difference between the leaf trichs and bud trichs. I’m very curious to see how it all turns out.
I’m the same way,if I wanted to be couch locked n starring blankly @ a wall I’d get tranquilizers from my Dr. CL🍀

As they go from white to amber they are converting (I consider it degrading, lol) and you’re getting more CBD and more couch lock (indica)
Close. As the trichomes degrade from cloudy/white to amber, they actually change from THC-A to CBN (not cbd) and it's the cbn that has the sleepy time feeling. And it  is a degrading, which also happens with a too long decarb or long term storage as more of the thc-a degrades over.

So, if you need something for sleep, let more of the trichomes turn amber before harvest, decarb longer when making edibles, or just keep some of your stash for long term storage.

CBD and THC are two very different cannabinoids that actually have the same chemical makeup just structured in a slightly different way and they connect with different receptors in the body (CB-1 for THC, and CB-2 for CBD, mostly).

The CB-1's are mostly found in the brain and spinal cord and the CB-2's mostly in the rest of the body (tissues, organs, skin, etc). That's why, when using canna for medical purposes, high THC plants are often used for head issues (migraines, pain, anxiety, etc) and high CBD plants for body issues (inflammation, muscle stress, etc). Those are gross oversimplifications, but that's the idea, matching the proper cannabinoid and terpenes to the condition being treated.

Indica's and sativa's both interact with both receptors depending on the levels of the various cannabinoids (thc, cbd, cbg, cbc, etc) in the strain.

Close. As the trichomes degrade from cloudy/white to amber, they actually change from THC-A to CBN (not cbd) and it's the cbn that has the sleepy time feeling. And it  is a degrading, which also happens with a too long decarb or long term storage as more of the thc-a degrades over.

So, if you need something for sleep, let more of the trichomes turn amber before harvest, decarb longer when making edibles, or just keep some of your stash for long term storage.

CBD and THC are two very different cannabinoids that actually have the same chemical makeup just structured in a slightly different way and they connect with different receptors in the body (CB-1 for THC, and CB-2 for CBD, mostly).

The CB-1's are mostly found in the brain and spinal cord and the CB-2's mostly in the rest of the body (tissues, organs, skin, etc). That's why, when using canna for medical purposes, high THC plants are often used for head issues (migraines, pain, anxiety, etc) and high CBD plants for body issues (inflammation, muscle stress, etc). Those are gross oversimplifications, but that's the idea, matching the proper cannabinoid and terpenes to the condition being treated.

Indica's and sativa's both interact with both receptors depending on the levels of the various cannabinoids (thc, cbd, cbg, cbc, etc) in the strain.
Thanks so much for the correction and expanded explanation @Azimuth. I sincerely appreciate it. I have no desire to present inaccurate information. Gracias.

Super impressive canopy by the end, seems very close to harvest...Bravo! :snowboating:

Strawberry Haze
Flower Day 76
HARVEST!!!

Here’s the last picture of just an amazing plant displaying her awesomeness. Wow, did I ever have fun with this one.

Time to go to work. I could barely sleep last night. Let’s go pick some strawberries!

98EFFD09-F2F7-4B5B-A893-A4E292709F37.jpeg

Scenes from Trim Jail
Wet Trim

Gotta do one! You can see I did okay on the scrog in these pics. The haul is a LOT more than I thought, and the flarf count is almost nonexistent. This is a typical bud, one of the longer ones. You can see pretty clearly that these things got dense top to bottom. Even those bottom little buds make the jars. You can also see how the buds stacked - they’re all like this. Very very dense too. Heavy. I was thinking this was a 3-4 ounce plant, but that’s way low. Cool. They also smell like strawberry heaven.

Wow.

4383FBEC-D109-4576-B4F2-EAAEF1449D5A.jpeg

EA80E931-2083-4EC4-B47A-C92E56D420FB.jpeg

68A72AE4-37C1-4520-B9BC-CEA20C8C00A6.jpeg

:bravo:Congratulations!
Does wet trim dry faster?

Strawberry Haze
Flower Day 76
HARVEST!!!

Here’s the last picture of just an amazing plant displaying her awesomeness. Wow, did I ever have fun with this one.

Time to go to work. I could barely sleep last night. Let’s go pick some strawberries!

98EFFD09-F2F7-4B5B-A893-A4E292709F37.jpeg
Strawberry buds forever 🎼 🎵 CL🍀

:bravo:Congratulations!
Does wet trim dry faster?
Thanks @ViparSpectra ! Later on I’ll have some words on the KS3000. And yes, wet trimming does make them dry quicker. That’s why I only do one. I want as slow a dry as possible.

Scenes from Trim Jail
Wet Trim

Gotta do one! You can see I did okay on the scrog in these pics. The haul is a LOT more than I thought, and the flarf count is almost nonexistent. This is a typical bud, one of the longer ones. You can see pretty clearly that these things got dense top to bottom. Even those bottom little buds make the jars. You can also see how the buds stacked - they’re all like this. Very very dense too. Heavy. I was thinking this was a 3-4 ounce plant, but that’s way low. Cool. They also smell like strawberry heaven.

Wow.

4383FBEC-D109-4576-B4F2-EAAEF1449D5A.jpeg

EA80E931-2083-4EC4-B47A-C92E56D420FB.jpeg

68A72AE4-37C1-4520-B9BC-CEA20C8C00A6.jpeg
Beauty on a stick!

Back
Top Bottom