Just For Fun Bagseed Grow

Thanks McBudz and ThatBoyDean!

The soil PH was very very low, so I'm gonna get some dolomite lime today, and see if I can correct this problem. Thanks everyone!

Oh, I think I'm gonna trim some of the big fan leaves, because they're covering up bud sites. Can I do this now, or should I wait to get the PH under control?

Thanks McBudz and ThatBoyDean!

The soil PH was very very low, so I'm gonna get some dolomite lime today, and see if I can correct this problem. Thanks everyone!

Oh, I think I'm gonna trim some of the big fan leaves, because they're covering up bud sites. Can I do this now, or should I wait to get the PH under control?

Trimming fan leaves is an area of big debate from what I've seen. I did trim the big fan leaves once the ladies started to bud. I wasn't dissapointed with my results all things considered being 1st grow and all. Some do the leaf tuck thing so they aren't covering bud sites. I don't know if trimming my fan leaves was good or bad since I did not have any type of control plant to test my results against. I was thinking I would leave them (no pun intended :) for my current grow, and maybe just tuck them where I can. I was also thinking of putting floros around the side of my grow room to help hit the lower bud sites better. Maybe try it with 1 and not with the other and see how they differ?

I guess the main question is: Is more leaf surface area better for photosynthesis and higher yield, or is more actual light reaching the budsite better for over all yield? Wish I knew

here is a handy chart to show you what nutrients are most likely getting locked out due to pH troubles.

Nutrient Availability

nutrient_availabity.JPG

Nutrient Availability

:peace:

Trimming fan leaves is an area of big debate from what I've seen. I did trim the big fan leaves once the ladies started to bud. I wasn't dissapointed with my results all things considered being 1st grow and all. Some do the leaf tuck thing so they aren't covering bud sites. I don't know if trimming my fan leaves was good or bad since I did not have any type of control plant to test my results against. I was thinking I would leave them (no pun intended :) for my current grow, and maybe just tuck them where I can. I was also thinking of putting floros around the side of my grow room to help hit the lower bud sites better. Maybe try it with 1 and not with the other and see how they differ?

I guess the main question is: Is more leaf surface area better for photosynthesis and higher yield, or is more actual light reaching the budsite better for over all yield? Wish I knew

Hi Ms.Fox,grows looking very nice!
McBudz,I too would like a professional answer to this question.
I did trim my big fans to get more light exposure to the underside of mine,
time will tell if I chose right.
Would be nice to hear from someone with expertise in this area?

Thanks karagrows!

McBudz - Thanks so much for the chart! That thing is pretty cool! +rep! Lol! I've always trimmed, because that's what I thought was the way to go, but now you've got me second guessing. ;-) I guess, I could tuck the leaves, and that would be ok, too. I could do it for one bud site and see if it makes a difference. That might be a cool experiment.

minus: I with ya there!

Thanks karagrows!

McBudz - Thanks so much for the chart! That thing is pretty cool! +rep! Lol! I've always trimmed, because that's what I thought was the way to go, but now you've got me second guessing. ;-) I guess, I could tuck the leaves, and that would be ok, too. I could do it for one bud site and see if it makes a difference. That might be a cool experiment.

minus: I with ya there!

de nada. My ph up and ph down bottles actually have that chart on them which I thought was cool. I couldn't find an image of the one on my bottles so I found this one to share. Hopefully you get the ph thing under control. I think ph is what really did my other plants in, god bless their souls :(

^ Yes! PH is a huge factor even in soil! Thanks so much! ;-)

Plant #1 is recovering well, and the leaves are starting to right themselves. *Huge Sigh Of Relief* They are getting HUGE! Plant #1 is at 16.5"! Amazing

Day 11 Flowering

Day_11_HPS.jpg

Plant #1
Day_11_HPS_Plant_1.jpg

Miss Daisy
Day_11_HPS_Ms_Daisy.jpg

Plant #1's Flowers
Day_11_HPS_Flowers.jpg

Day_11_HPS_Both.jpg

Thanks BubbaKush!

Harry Red: Thanks, and funny you ask about the issue, because it wasn't what I initially thought it was. The nute solution I was using to water was not ph "balanced" and was extremely low. I hadn't had a problem with it until I switched to the bloom nutes. So, my stupidity was the real issue. ;-) I promptly raised the ph in the solution and things have turned around.

About trimming fan leaves...those leaves are the factories that use photosynthesis to produce more growth. That growth isn't just for the leaves but for the buds. To get the most production I think at this stage you should have as many factories running as you can. Look at a tomato plant. The flowers and fruit can be completely hidden and in the dark because of dense foliage, but the fruit will still grow large and juicy, ripening to maturity with a deep red color. Why would the fruit of this herb be any different?

Thanks getsumkin, bubbakush!

FreakNature: Thanks so much for the info! I'll never trim again! ;-)

charliemopps: Yes, that's a great idea; however, I'm going to have to move these babies again, soon. ;-( They are going into the closet, and in there they can get as tall as they want. I wish I could keep them in the box, but because my COB plants are growing so good they will be transferred into the flowering chamber within the next week or two.

Yesterday, I measured my plants and they were at 18" yesterday, today they jumped up to 21"! They're growing like weeds! ;-) LOL!

Day 13 Flowering

Day_13_HPS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom