Kablooms 1st Closet Grow - Candy Kush Auto & Skunk/Royal Queen

Hey, good looking start KaBloom. I would have to agree with CO Finest to use larger pots, if you cannot use larger pots at the moment I would suggest you top up the pots you are using to a half inch from the top of the pot to allow more space for root growth. The stalk you bury will turn to root in time. But don't top up the soil on your flowering girl, splitting her energy between root growth and flowering might not be best for her.

Re: Kablooms 1st closet grow , candy kush auto & ?skunk /royal queen?n

Hurray! Awesome Kabloom! I am so happy to see you start a journal. You've done great with your start up, can't think of anything you need to add.
Now, if you want to add your grow thread link to your signature (so others will see it and can find you as you peruse around the site and post)
Here's a how to on that:

How To Add Links To Signatures

:circle-of-love:

Hey Cannafan, glad you got KaBloom to start a grow journal, CO Finest got me to start one, best thing I ever did, the support came flooding in and has boosted my confidence. This site and all members is the BOMB!:bravo: :420: :goodjob: :thanks:

Hi KaBloom!

No worries about the chair, I prefer standing.:Namaste:
You had a couple questions, I'll do my best to answer.:tokin:

I agree, you need larger pots. Be careful topping with Fox Farm Ocean Forest, it is a very hot mix. I topped my first grow with FFOF, and all of my girls got severe nute burn. I would suggest using 50% Coco, with 50% FFOF.

When should you flower? Everyone does this a little differently, but a couple things to know. Your plant will get 1 to 2 times taller once you move it into flower, so take height into consideration. Autos will move into flower automatically. Like your Candy Kush is already showing bud sites. I am not sure if this means you need to switch it to flower, or if it can take all of the light all of the way through. I've never grown an auto, so you probably need more information on them.

I hope that helped!:green_heart:
:420:

hey mate , just dropped by on your journal when I was looking for mine , I see we have the same breeder
I'm going to grow candy kush , OG kush , bubble kush , royal caramel , special kush AAAnd pinneaple kush on septembre .
wanna see what your plants give !

Welcome one & all!!!! I'm so happy that u have all decided to join me on my maiden voyage. I was beginning to worry that nobody but canna & CO would join me, lol!!! As for the pot size my reasoning with going with the 2-3gal size was that I read to eestimate about a foot per gallon and I'm limited to about 3 ft.height wise, so there it is. I also didn't realize that the ffof would settle so much after all the watering/ feeding so far. The candy girl seems to have stopped the horizontal growth in the last week or so , which is fine with me because I was actually running out of head room. She's leveled off at just about 30". I'll post some new pics tonight when I get a chance. I just want to thank everyone again who is following my journal and offered help when needed. Your participation is genuinely appreciated!!! Definitely feeling the love!!!

A couple of questions..... 1st ,I was trying to open up the skunk girl and partially broke one of the stems on 1 of the 2 main kolas.... What is the recommended procedure to repair the damage and what r the long term repercussions? I will post a pic ASAP, but as usual ,I am having problems. #2- On Herbie's website, it says the candy kush auto will be ready anywhere between 65-75 days from sprout.I'm at day 48 & she doesn't look anywhere close to ready. How normal is it to go past the suppliers recommended time estimate? Thank as always my loyal followers!!!

tape it up
I did that on my first journal with scotch tape
I use scotch tape because I don't have to worry about it once its on itll come off on its own
if the stem grows big enough the tape isn't strong enough to cut into the plant unless you keep rolling it around the stem and make it really thick lol

Back
Top Bottom