Kali Mist CFL Scrog Grow Journal

"Try to keep the lights about 2-4" away.

Some work in both soil and hydro some don't. Some have the same name but are medium specific--you just have to pay attention to the label. I believe everything you listed is from Advanced Nutrients and would be part of a larger feeding regiment. They make you buy a shit load of items to complete their "feeding schedule." They make good stuff it's just pricey."

Looks very pricey, I've read nothing but good things. Can't wait to get my hands on those nutes and try it with a hydro or even soil setup someday

you are probably seeing heat stress on your plant, i would back off the compact florescent lights to 5-6 inches. i use General Hydroponics Flora series nutrients, it is a 3 part grow formula. General Hydroponics has other products that can be used with it as well if you wish. if you wish to grow organic you could go with General Organics. several members on the forum use Blue Planet Nutrients as Corey is a member here and often responds to questions quickly. Jon705 was given a coupon code "led grow". one product i am interested in but do not have yet is Snowstorm Ultra a bloom enhancer.

https://generalhydroponics.com general organics

www.blueplanetnutrients.com/

I believe you are correct, appears to be heat stress. I'll be sure to look into blueplanet nutrients.

I moved the CFL's to 3". My goal is to keep the Kali Mist short with tight inter nodes. Cabinet temp is now at 83F my apartment temp is 94F. to help cool the cabinet I decided to freeze a big cup of water and point a fan directly at the CFL's and cup of ice.

Kali Mist Day 11 - 05/29/13 Plant #1

IMG_43702.JPG
IMG_43721.JPG

Kali Mist Day 11 - 05/29/13 Plant #2

IMG_43651.JPG

IMG_4374.JPG

It is now Day 12 for the Kali Mist and I decided to start fertilizing with a quarter strength of 20-20-20 Miracle grow. In addition to fertilization I decided to FIM plant #2 at the 4th internode and plant #1 at the 5th internode. I Fimmed at night 1hr before lights off to help the plant cope with the stress better. It appears that I took off 80-85% off plant #1 and 70% off plant #2. Stay tuned to see the results.
"Some say that it is best to top the plant at night when most of the hormones have been sent to the roots. This means that there is a smaller chance of the plant being stunted after the main shoot has been removed." - Kodiak
https://www.-----.com/ic/showthread.php?p=2214345#post2214345

Kali Mist Day 12 - 05/30/13 Plant #1

IMG_43881.JPG
IMG_43811.JPG

Kali Mist Day 12 - 05/30/13 Plant #2 FIM Before and After
IMG_43922.JPG
IMG_4391.JPG
IMG_43952.JPG
IMG_4396.JPG
IMG_43981.JPG

Girlies lookin good, CrimsonBlitz! I tried fim my girl, but fimmed the fim, and got a screwy leaf that didn't die, just looked funny as hell. Left it grow, didn't think it hurt any to look ugly, I do that every day! Personally, I think any stress sucks, so I'd just leave it be. I really like your setup, too. Nice ninja grow. :):peace:

Girlies lookin good, CrimsonBlitz! I tried fim my girl, but fimmed the fim, and got a screwy leaf that didn't die, just looked funny as hell. Left it grow, didn't think it hurt any to look ugly, I do that every day! Personally, I think any stress sucks, so I'd just leave it be. I really like your setup, too. Nice ninja grow. :):peace:

Hi and Thanks for the compliment! I agree about the whole stress thing, thumbs down for slowed growth :( lol

Fimming is great I did it on my purple kush and ended up with 4 huge main colas from it. I would also try topping I used it on my current grow and I use a scrog screen and ended up with amazing results from all branches reaching the top.

Hi Guys,

I'm moving this to the Completed Journals area now. We only considered a journal "abandoned" if the original poster/thread starter just stops updating on the grow and the outcome of it is not known. Because the OP let us know what was going on, this can be considered a "completed" journal.

Thanks for the support, guys! And good luck with your grow, CrimsonBlitz ! :cheer:

:Namaste:

Hi Guys,

I'm moving this to the Completed Journals area now. We only considered a journal "abandoned" if the original poster/thread starter just stops updating on the grow and the outcome of it is not known. Because the OP let us know what was going on, this can be considered a "completed" journal.

Thanks for the support, guys! And good luck with your grow, CrimsonBlitz ! :cheer:

:Namaste:

Hi and thank you 420 girl. :)

Back
Top Bottom